A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,091
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap 5 Gallery  (Read 15042 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BirdBones
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2012 12:42:45 AM »

As mentioned before, I received the most OVERWHELMING 2 snack packages from scarlet_nights on Saturday.... I am still speechless about the amount of sugary goodness she sent my way and , boy, did she deliver!

Everything is so wonderfully colorful and being a real talent at using every last inch of a box, scarlet_nights poked holes into the candy bags to let the air out and it all smells amazing too! I really have no idea where to start and need to rely on the bf picking out things to try or friends coming over going all googly-eyed over my year's-supply of American candy-goodness and asking " Can we PLEASE try these?"

In order to understand what I am talking about, here's what I uncovered from these innocent looking (but very heavy) packages:

And here comes the list:

Nestle Chunky; DOTS ( tried and approved with a broad grin); Mallo-Licious Marshmellow;  Wonka Chewy Spree ( I love the little text on the back that uses words like scrumdiddlyumptious); Jiffy Oatmeal Cookie Mix ; Razzles; Pop-Rocks;  Air-heads; Fruit by the foot, Fruit gushers and Fruit Rolls (my favourite!); Jolly Rancher fruit smoothie flavour, fruit chews and chrunch&chew; Sharkies; Peach Rings ( that smell amazing and way better than the german version); Rainbow nerds rope; 2 kinds of Skittles (oh, these will be safed for a super-special day!) ; Juju Flowers; Sour dudes strawz; Runts; Chocolate chip cookie dough bites ( will safe these for watching a specific Gilmore Girls episode); Lemonhead Tropical; Tootsie Pop Drops; Jujyfruits; Starburst flavour morph; Charleston Chews: Push Pop Candy Toppers ( with the cutest figurines on top) and Life savers gummies "collisions" and "bunnies and eggs" ( these were all gone by saturday night and they were both yummy and cute!).......

But that was not even all of it! The boyfriend tried to sneak off a whole bunch, but I managed to snap a picture before he did:

There were Snickers, Mike and Ike ( Tropical Typhoon and Berry Blast), Raisinets ( I am told they were all gone within 5 minutes of opening the package);  Thingamajig; Reese's Crispy Crunch; Cadbury fruit and nut chocolate; Cadbury Creme Egg; Jelly Belly ( Smoothie Blend, Ice Cream Parlor Mix); Hawaiian Punch; Great Value Fruit Smiles ( oh, those are excellent and stick my teeth together in just the right way) ; and Turtles Original ( nice and chewy )and Lucky Charms (which he gracefully agreed to share, so I got to experience the wonderful smell that is a combination of waffles and fresh cake at the fair.... )....

Also, scarlet_nights included a lovely Illinois drinking glass as a souvenir for me and it currently holds my stash of fruit roll-ups and a cute little Jaja Bings pen that will be extremely fun to use for school....

The drinking glass was wrapped in a piece of purple velvet that has been snatched up by the bf to use for a necktie Grin

And last but not least, she crafted a really pretty hair-pin for me  (which is awesome because I was just missing a purple head adornment) and sent a cute duck-tape flower ( that will definitely become a hairpin) along:

So as you can see, there is a reason why I declared scarlet_nights the winner of this swap and saying just THANK YOU  seems like far too little a thing to say, so here it is ( with my addmittedly non-too-reliable knowledge of the english language):

ODE TO SCARLET-NIGHTS

OH THEE TAKETH MY BREATH
AND STICKETH MY TEETH TOGETHER
WONDERFULLY
BY THINE POWER OF
SUGARY MORSELS AND
UNEARTHLY COLORS GALORE
THEE LIGHTETH MY EVERY DAY
BY THY GRACIOUS OFFERING OF
TASTY
SCRUMDIDDLYUMPTIOUS
TREATS

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ebygomm
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2012 12:53:50 AM »

glad my speedy wish worked for the package crazyda79, a week is pretty good for travel across the pond
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlet_nights
You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2012 12:55:45 AM »

Did I really put that much in those boxes? Im glad you like everything and your post jsut cracked me up, I dont think anyone has ever wrote a poem to me. Tell your bf his new "necktie" is special fabric since that purple velvet is some of the very little fabric I salvaged after my house burned down a couple of years ago. And that he is a naughty boy for trying to sneak off a big pile of candy and not sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2012 07:54:06 AM »

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

What a haul!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2012 08:25:11 AM »

That's a huge haul!  I sent to zzdia over a month ago.  Hopefully both boxes arrive soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RaraAvis

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2012 12:20:27 PM »

Just got my package in today. Can't wait to try everything.  I got a really cute little bat pendent straight from my wist. Unfortunately It's really hot today and all the chocolate had to right into the fridge after I took this picture.
Thank you RaraAvis for the great package.

Yay! I'm so happy the package finally made it to you and I hope you like everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2012 08:01:06 PM »

MissingWillow, it's at the PO already! I received the notice this morning. I'll PM you once I've actually got them and I'll try to post pics soon after. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2012 03:59:41 AM »

Yay... finally!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2012 07:18:37 AM »

Posted in the wrong thread. D'oh!

I received from MissingWillow! She sent a box and an envelope full of snacks (the box was especially amazing since she packed every inch with something and I couldn't put them back in after). Of course, being me, I forgot to take pics before I ripped them open. Roll Eyes

Dark chocolate and chocolate with toffee! Love them both. And the easter bunny chocolate box is too cute. A Superman PEZ dispenser (I always wanted PEZ when I was a kid but we never bought them because they're too expensive here, now I get to taste them). The container is Maxwell House latte (which probably won't last long since I love coffee. Snoopy bandaids, caramel (!!!), pop tarts (yay, it's a different flavor from the one i got in the previous snack swap), ooze pop, and haribo golden bears! The crumpled foil thing at the top center is the wrap of a Cadbury creme egg that I ate driving back from the PO. Couldn't resist.

More gummies: sluggles, lifesavers, adn soda poppers. Corn nuts, dark chocolate kisses and sour dots. I forgot to include the ring pops in the picture (I've always read about them in books and this is my first time actually trying them.)

MissingWillow actually sent me something I sent her (and another somewhat similar). It's kind of funny. You guys will see when MissingWillow receives her package.

And here are the lovely crafted items (plus an extra dino keychain):

Ok, you can't really see the crafted items because one is overturned and the other has to be up close to really appreciate it.

It's a wishes in a bottle necklace! And a bazinga pendant! I have these pinned on my pinterest and I am so amazed with them. Especially the wishes (yes, we call them wishes, even if I know they're dandelions)

Thank you so much for an awesome swap package, MissingWillow! Hope you like yours too once you receive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2012 09:07:04 AM »

A wonderful package, MissingWillow! I love the wee necklace you made. I love the thought of putting wishes in a bottle to carry them around with you Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Fabulous Looks Inspired by Sex and the City
From Superhero to Supermodel Style Makeover
Keeping a Well-Coordinated Look Refreshingly Unexpected
How to Recycle Your Clothes
Hot Maxi Dresses for Spring
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...