A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,911
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: International Snack Swap 5 Gallery  (Read 14211 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaybeeeee
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2012 06:13:29 PM »

I sent my package yesterday, can't wait til Pilarfarmer receives it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read my BLOG?
Listen to my MUSIC?
queenholly
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2012 12:13:24 AM »

I posted today! Postage is super expensive from Australia but I hadn't realised just how bad! I also hadn't realised how much my package weighed. I ended up taking out a couple of heavy items that weren't very exciting (sorry loudmouse! My family is eating them now) which brought it down to 2.5kg and a slightly better price.. Still, I was very happy to be posting and I can't wait for my partner to get my box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BirdBones
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2012 03:14:36 AM »

Oh, I know how that goes, queenholly! Luckily, the german post office has invented the International-Maxi-Letter, which costs way less than if you try to send stuff of the same weight as a package...

I sent today as well - 2 packages with a total of 3,3 kg which is about 7 pounds....I also had to leave some things out, because one of the crafted items got a bit heavier than expected... and just in case they reach scarlet_nights at different times, I put something crafted in both of them Wink, but generally, I think I came up with a decent collection- can't wait for my partner to receive and let me know what she thinks...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2012 08:50:12 PM »

got the last -special- item from one of my restaurant's purveyors and now I just need to figure out how to fit it all in the box :/

BONUS: I got a random check in the mail from my doctor's office repaying me for my last visit (Huh?)
still no idea WHY they sent it, but it should cover my shipping!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012 08:51:08 PM by loudxmouse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts winter Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too
Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2012 01:37:32 AM »

A real quick message from Germany, where I am currently using the internet from friends. Ich muss schnell sein!
Sylwa, I am so happy you liked everything. I had so much fun shopping and I an amazed to see how quick it got to you. More Kinder eggs? Personal swap? Just PM me Wink

Oh, and for those who love the gnome, check Cross Stitcher Magazine, I think it was the March issue.

Back to socializing now, and I`ll be back soon!

everything was just awesome! When do you get back home from your travels? My package didnt have a delivery confirmation on it so I dont know where it is right now, hoping it will get to you safely. The postal worker said that they can track it with the number on the customs paper I filled out so at least there is that

I forgot to tell you!

Your package arrived the 2nd of April, the day after I left. I sort of knew that would happen, but well... Normally, my brother would have been here to collect the package, but he is moving into his own place. Bad luck. I kindly asked him to pick it up for me, as I knew there would be a certain date after which they'd send the package back.
No luck again. He was not allowed to take the package home, because he didn't have my consent. Or he couldn't show them my passport... *big sigh* Thank you, PO.
Anyway, I'm still on time to pick it up, and as soon as my dad is ready, we're picking it up. Hopefully I can share some great pictures with you all tonight.

*btw, can I say it one more time? I am so proud of myself, for sending so early. I never thought I could do it Tongue*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
pilarfarmer
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2012 01:14:56 PM »

sent my package to kayeeeee today. all  can say is WOW...shipping costs have gone up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is a correlation between the creative and the screwball."
Kingman Brewster, Jr., educator

"Where there is fear, there is no creativity"
Christopher Lowell

would love to do small personal swaps
Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2012 02:56:02 AM »

Time for some awesomeness! Sylwa spoiled me rotten, and I am so glad I sent her a huge box as well. What a great lady she is! And that whilst being pregnant Wink.

This is what I brought home. HEAVY stuff! The lady at the PO was quite curious as to what was in the box because of it's weight. But it was my secret Wink.

If this box had been any fuller, it might have exploded. Just look at how it's crammed in there <3! Oh, and yay! Crisps!

*drool* Yes, that is chocolate on the loose. I have eaten some of that already. I must say that it an interesting combination, chocolate with salted peanut butter.

And when I took everything out, this is what came up. I was (and still am) amazed. Yikes, so pretty! I think it was Pin-inspired, but either way, I really really love it!

I opened it... More sweets and chocolate! I am very curious as to what those cookies are in the left upper square. Sylwa? Tongue.

Without all the snacks. Look at this beauty. I got a beautiful and very personal jewellery box. I'm thrilled! Much better than my jewellery doll (ever noticed how hanging your necklaces in the open makes them really dirty and ugly?).

Be impressed people, be very impressed. Look at my haul! I think it's an understatement, to say I was spoiled. There is so so much! Thank you so much Sylwa, I'm so happy and thankful. Because it's so much I think I'll share some stuff with my pupils the coming weeks. They'll love it.

One favourite.

And the second one. I really really wanted to try this! Thank you for reading my mind Tongue. Now, what's the best way to eat them?

Sylwa, once again, thank you, a thousand times. This has been such an awesome swap and you made it even better. I love the box, it's so me, and the candy is jummy! My offer still stands for the Kinder eggs. Just PM me, and we'll see what we can arrange. Sorry too, for not sending salty snacks. I was too afraid to send crisps, as everyone told me that those bags explode in airplanes. Yours arrived just fine, so next time... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
crazyda79

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2012 03:08:11 AM »

What a yummy package Lilibet!  I am pretty sure the two yellow cakes in the upper left corner are Twinkies.  As for Pop Tarts, you can eat them right out of the package or put them in the toaster to warm them up a bit.  Either way, they are yummy Wink  Just my two cents!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
131/50 swaps
97/50 friends/family
228/50 total
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2012 05:21:14 AM »

Oh what a great package, Lilibet! Everything looks very yummy Grin and the jewelry box is just darling...
I never heard of crisp-packages exploding in airplanes, but I know that Dickmann's do not survive airmail - the foamy stuff inside just can't handle the pressure difference, so that is a treat folk will actually have to travel for....
And yes, pop tarts should be toasted, I agree Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sylwa

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2012 05:35:05 AM »

ohh I am so glad you got the package I was so worried they were going to mail it back  Tongue
Those cakes are twinkies I personally don't think they are that special but that is because I was born and grew up in europe so I am used to different kind of things - such as the stuff you sent me  Grin  but my boyfriend told me I should mail you some because they are one of a kind and are sort of famous in the US I think, I've heard some jokes too that twinkies will last through nuclear bombs and such.
And the pop tarts we eat them just like they are, but try toasting them in the toaster, they are good that way too.
The loose chocolate were mini peanut butter cups, me and my daughter love them but dont eat them anymore because of my sons allergy. We hide in a bathroom every once in a while so we can have some without him being exposed  Grin
The potato chips are specific to the state Maryland, I never seen them when I lived in Chicago and I havent seen them while traveling either so I HAD to mail them. They have a very unique flavor. I wanted to send you some old bay seasoning too but then forgot.

The box was pinterest inspired. I wasnt sure what to make at first but then I saw that you pined the woodburned box and I really wanted to try woodburning so I googled some celtic images and that is the one I liked the best. I am glad you liked it.
I am sorry about the inside, I kinda messed up a bit with gluing the green felt in.

I am sorry I forgot to include a note about everything in the package, if you have any questions just ask me please.
I would love to do some personal swaps for kinder eggs  Grin
oh an also I was wondering if you could tell me how do I make the frangipans from the mix you sent me? I know a little german and I think I know what the directions say but your language is too different from german so I want to make sure I got it right  Grin

and just a close up of that woodburning because I am really proud of it and I had SO MUCH FUN working on it  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012 05:40:05 AM by Sylwa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get The Most Out Of Your Skin Care Routine
How to Wear Grown-Up Glitter Eye Makeup
Beauty Test Lab: Brush-On Mascara
Is Coconut Oil a Beauty Miracle?
How to Rock Wet-Look Lids
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...