My first few projects have gone quite well (so far). Last weekend I made a couple mug rugs
, and decided I wanted to make a fold over clutch from a tutorial I found
. This is.... the fifth thing I've ever sewn (I think? Maybe 6th or 7th). There are mistakes, but only if you look carefully. It was fairly easy, but I don't think I really needed to print out all eleven pages
of the pattern as I didn't understand most of it anyway, and ended up assembling it similar to the way this one
I used a home decor weight fabric for the outside, and Kona cotton for the lining, which I backed with fusible heavyweight interfacing. I originally used fusible interfacing on the inner pocket, but I thought it was too much, so I just used 2 pieces of fabric instead of one.
Not the best picture of the lining, but it was hard to photograph. It's a real pretty dark pink and has a pocket. The pattern was really confusing, so I just kind of winged it. It also had the pocket split in half, but I liked it better this way.
I also decided to use the outside fabric as the zipper pull instead of the ribbon the pattern called for. Winged this, too by folding the edges of the fabric into itself to meet in the center, then folding in half and stitching.
It was also meant to have pretty covered end tabs for the zipper, but those got lost inside lol. I still love it, though, I'm pretty excited to take it out with me.
BONUS! Going to see the Hunger Games later, found a place for my pin!