A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 307,959
Currently Running With Scissors:
307 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Air Force ABU Bag:)  (Read 2160 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

armywife116
« on: March 20, 2012 01:55:21 PM »

Now that I've gained a bit more confidence in bag making and found my favorite interfacing combo I've started doing craft shows and vendor fairs. A woman who had been on vacation in the states from Misawa, Japan where her and her Air Force hubby live and she told me she wanted to order a tote but just said "anything so long as it's basic black and white, i don't need pockets on the inside but if i could get some outside ones".

this is what I came up with. a basic tote with ribbon on the front pockets and a black and white polka dot lining:)

ps: i apologize if "watermarking" images and posting them is against the rules and please delete this post or move it or whatever you have to do. I looked through the "forum rules" about "advertising" but didn't see anything specific to watermarked images without the intent to gain sales. I mark all of my stuff now because I had been posting pics on facebook and another person was taking all my images and posting them on her fb saying she made them and that I copied her designs. :s

again, I apologize if this isn't allowed.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
meowari
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012 03:09:09 PM »

That's a really nicely made bag- the lines of the pockets are so clean! I like the idea of pockets on the outside and I those straps look like the perfect length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
armywife116
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012 05:40:06 PM »

thank you so much:) ever since i started fusing the interfacings to the fabrics before cutting, i've noticed i get a lot straighter/crisper edges and whatnot to everything. it's not the most "frugal" way to go about things but it's definitely been a positive change to my bag making lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AshtonagoL
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012 06:34:53 AM »

Really cute!  What do you use for interfacing?  I'm still trying to find what I like best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

armywife116
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012 05:49:01 PM »

Really cute!  What do you use for interfacing?  I'm still trying to find what I like best.

I've found that i LOVE LOVE LOVE Decor Bond, heavyweight fusible fleece or thermolam (there was a generic heavyweight fleece at my local Hancock store that was absolutely amazing but haven't been able to find it again), and pellon lightweight fusible in combination with each other Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...