A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,543
Currently Running With Scissors:
701 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: for a rave dress!!!!  (Read 952 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thismumrocks
« on: March 18, 2012 12:08:24 PM »

Ok so my friends came to me last night and wants me to make her a A-symetrical hemmed dress with daisy bewbs!  oh so im thinking the dress should be like a black linen, so the fabric is light and breathable since we all know what rave are about it needs to be a a light fabric. she also wanted the straps to be thinner and a sweat heart neckline and for me to make giant daisys to cover her bewbies!  so i found a dress style for a referance but the waist needs to be higher and the neckline changed, I also think it would be cool for the center of the daisies to be like blinky lights? that maybe a little more advanced for me so ill just have to create some giant daisies and see how it goes. any ways any idea or patterns you can think of would be great i didnt find anything in burda or new look yes but doing a google i found something similar that would need slight changes.  but like i said info thoughts are MORE thank welcomed I have 82 days to find the stuff i need and make it Smiley thanks guys and gals!
April

THIS ROCKS   Logged
JXsMommy
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012 01:56:51 PM »

If you've got your heart set on the blinky lights they have hair clips http://www.flashingblinkylights.com/acrylicflowerflashingledhairclips-p-2007.html?osCsid=ril9q9oqtujsdtau3ko91s5gu0 that you can maybe clip to the center of your large fabric flowers. They also have round clip on blinkies http://www.flashingblinkylights.com/roundledblinkies-c-114_61_1.html?osCsid=oippbn7d1d2lj05d435lfm6rr0. That site also has other types of lights, so I'm sure you can find something that will work. Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012 02:03:52 PM by JXsMommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012 07:35:08 PM »

I wouldn't suggest linen. From what I know, it wrinkles like mad! You could use a blend (ex. linen and cotton blend, or poly cotton) to keep the fabric breathable but easier to care for. Something like cotton gauze, lawn, or voile (which are all very light weight) could also work, or even a knit fabric so it's more form fitting and doesn't slide around on her while dancing. Have you checked out the clothing tutorials on craftster? You might find a dress pattern in there that would work for what you're doing and you wouldn't have to buy an actual pattern. Also, I'm not sure what you've looked for already but you don't need a pattern that already has the hemline like that - you can just cut a straight dress.
For the blinky lights, how about magnetic ones? You could leave a little opening when you sew the daisies on to slide the magnet under or do the same with clip on lights.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Penguillama
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012 01:47:59 AM »

the more costume-y and/or slutty the better lol. usually I see a bunch of bandeau tops and tutus or minis, so anything imaginative is a plus. do you know if she wants something kitschy and fun, or actually cute enough to wear outside of a rave?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thismumrocks
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012 08:30:45 AM »

she is looking for that hem of a dress but the dress in black and daisies on the bewbies. i found a pattern that i love and im going to alter to fit her bottom hem style,  with this dress she doesnt want to wear a bra so i think in addition to the bodice ill add some bra push up pads idk what they are called they are foreign to my large bewbs lol but this way it will be tight enough to fit her right and keep her bewbs in check and up high haha. and im looking to add lights to it too, so the padding on the bewbs will help withcomfort as well.  below is the dress pattern i found Smiley

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m6350-products-14405.php?page_id=108
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Atlanta and West Virginia Hot Dogs and Coleslaw
Sonoran Hot Dog with Tomatilla Salsa
Tailgating Recipes - All-Star Chili Dogs
Completing the Severed Witches Finger Part 2/2
How to Make Halloween Eyeball Bites
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...