A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three Tiny Movie Things - GALLERY!  (Read 5066 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 17, 2012 05:20:58 PM »

You know the drill, post pictures of your goodies here!

Partners:

sent
received
sending late with communication
feedback given
contact organizer immediately!
negative feedback given

sharktopus --> pjr107
pjr107 --> sharktopus

karwash --> banana731
banana731 --> karwash

hippieguts123 --> solitary cricket
solitary cricket --> hippieguts123

ryn --> elameno
elameno --> ryn

bobbinalong --> wideeyedlife
wideeyedlife --> bobbinalong

dhfreak --> crazyda79
crazyda79 --> dhfreak

stove037
--> smeddley
smeddley  --> ninja_poo - post office shows received 4/4/12 DC# 0311255000022184095 6
ninja_poo --> stove 037
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012 07:02:09 PM by Smeddley » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sharktopus

You don't need a permit for a glue gun.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012 08:57:23 AM »

Hey, I'm just going to post the pics I have of what I sant pj107 because I'm antsy! I think she's waiting to open until she sends, and that's okay with me!  I only have pictures of the first two, for reasons I am unsure of.  The third was a headband with sculpted Ludo horns from Labrynth. I sent both the horns and the headband, but I ended up not attaching them to the headband though because some people are kind of picky about their hair bling and I wasn't sure if she preferred headbands or clips.

The first picture is a bottle-topper of the broom and bucket from Fantasia. It's fully armetured, and hopefully very sturdy. I dropped him a few times on accident before I painted him, and he seemed alright. The bucket handle is even made out of wire.  It screws onto water and pop bottles, basically so other people don't go drinking out of your bottle. Either that or it's just a tiny little sculpture. I wish I'd gotten a picture of the other side where the water is spilling out of the bucket because I like how the soapy bubbles turned out.  This is the first time I've used white sculpey, and then painted it. Totally new to me, but I kind of liked the effect.

The second is from her first choice movie, How To Train Your Dragon. He's a freshly hatched Baby Toothless of her very own, complete with a nest and egg.  He was hard to part with.  My hubs actually thought I made it for him, because I let it dry on his desk. Sadness ensued.

Hope I did okay for my first swap! I'm all kinds of nervous!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012 08:58:56 AM by sharktopus » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012 06:32:10 AM »

Oh. My. Gosh.  That Toothless is so Adorable!  I can understand why your husband was sad Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Solitary Cricket
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012 05:35:38 PM »

Sharktopus - You had no need to be nervous. The things you sent are awesome! Your Toothless is absolutely adorable
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012 07:43:55 AM »

I've updated the partner list, please check and make sure your status is correct and if you're lime green right now, send me a message and let me know what's up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
banana731

procraftinator extrodinaire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012 07:18:59 AM »

Sharktopus, those are awesome! I can't wait to see the hair stuff when pj posts pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm almost always typing with one hand...
bobbinalong
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012 12:46:26 PM »

Got my three tiny movie things today, they're so awesome!  They are little shadow boxes with the character and quote in them (and how'd you know all my favorite quotes?)

From Office Space:  Milton and his red stapler.

From The Goonies:  Chunk

From My Fair Lady:  Eliza rooting for her horse to win.

I love them all!  Thank you soooo much for a great package of tiny things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012 03:49:37 PM »

Those are super cute! Love them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012 07:17:52 AM »

bobbinalong made me one craft from every movie, giving me five instead of just three!  Plus extras!  Major spoilage!  Totally unexpected, and awesome!   Thanks SO much!

First off, from Casablanca, a beautiful mini-clutch, featuring a portrait of Rick and Ilsa, and a background of the sheet-music to "As Time Goes By."  I love the sentimental feelings this brings up; the movie is very special to me, and this purse captures the emotion beautifully!

From Roxanne, a Steve Martin film about a man with a gigantic long nose.  This ornament was inspired by the quote "You must love the little birdies to give them this to perch on."  Dear Hubby totally laughed when he saw this; Roxanne is his favorite movie.  This was packaged in a hand-made mini-tote--photographed in the very bottom photo of this post.

From Shakespeare in Love, a snake-shaped amulet with a little paper in it's mouth that says, "William Shakespeare".  Shakespeare gave this amulet to his lover hoping to get over a massive case of writer's block.  Something that I get every now and then as well; so now I have an amulet to help me through it; maybe if I insert the name of my sweet hubby?  lol  Also packaged in a hand-made tote!

From Dangerous Beauty, a French Cross rubber stamp, shown at the bottom right of this photo.  Also in this photo are the extras, three hand-carved rubber stamps---popcorn, a movie ticket, and a bucket to stamp the popcorn into.  SO awesome.  I love rubber stamps!  What a great addition to my collection!  Also packaged in a hand-made tote.

From the musical Thoroughly Modern Millie.  This is my absolute favoritist hoopla ever.   I LOVE this quote!  lol  And the work on this piece is exquisite.  Bobbinalong said it was her first time ever doing anything like this, and I'm SO lucky to get the end results!  Amazing!  It's hanging on my wall right now, for sure!

Here's a group shot of all the crafty goodness I received yesterday!  The items not shown in other photos are the three bags on the left that items arrived in, and a huge ink pad to use with my new stamps.  Yay!  I needed an inkpad!  Smiley

What a wonderful package to receive, bobbinalong!  Thanks so much for sharing your special movies with me, and for taking the time to watch and craft for movies that are special to me.  I really enjoyed being your swap partner!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjr107
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012 07:22:19 AM »

so we did finally open our box and yes Sharky, you had NOTHING to be worried about Smiley
Apologies for the duplicate photos but it was such an awesome box it was worth repeating!

The horns were cool, and yes I did realize they were from Labyrinth (for some reason that surprised me that I knew that, prob cause I didn't know the character but I remember seeing them!)

they aren't attached to the headband so if I didn't like that, I could put hair clips on it... but  its going on the headband shortly.

Next was from Fantasia and even one of my fav parts, the Sorcerers Apprentice.

The base is done on a bottle cap, so that gives you a reference to size.

Last was just amazing.  He got so excited to get to my house that he played with his shell on the way here but nothing that can't be fixed with glue Smiley

And last, her and I are Dr Who fans!  So she sent me a postcard of my favorite form of travel....

Hope you like your box as much as I have and here is a small preview for you...

-PJ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Print-Mixing Expert Rachel Roy Shares Her Secrets For Effortless Style
How to Pick Out Boots for Fall
Verena Von Pfetten: Fashion Expert
How to Wear Stylish Belts
How to Wear Scarves in New York
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...