A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,653
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ID tags prettified - and a student gift  (Read 629 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 23, 2012 01:09:05 PM »

I have been using a manky ID band on my stethoscope for the last couple of years - out of sheer laziness when the wireworked and beaded ID tag I had on it fell off.  I noticed last week or so that the lettering on it ("touch and die" essentially) was getting worn and it was all getting torn, so I should start thinking of replacing it.  Also, I had another student in her final semester and was going to be finishing up soon, and writing her exams, so I wanted to give her a little gift as she finished up.

I made these two tags using Magic Glos UV cure resin, since it was not that long until her last shift with me (it was Wednesday and I made these the weekend before).  The bases are store bought metal bezels from my LBS.

For mine, we were also given a little tribute at work, little blue enamelled heart pins, as a token to represent a donation made in appreciation of the care provided on our unit.  It was a bit of a special token for me when I found out who made the donation, because I was with that family for their last few nights with us, and they said some things that I may never forget.  I wanted to do something different with that little pin so I added it to the tag.

I had also made some coloured shrink plastic hearts and flowers to add too, and the background is embossed metal tape cut to size, with a bit of gilder's paste to add colour.

For my student, I used the same embossed metal tape, and just the heart/flower confetti.  Our names are stamped on cardstock, trimmed to size, and the edges inked.  Both were covered in clear tape to protect it from absorbing the wet resin.

Also, for my student, I made a breakaway ID lanyard with glass and metal beads.

I also added a book that I felt was relevant for a new nurse beginning her career, which I had quite enjoyed when I read it as well.  I gave it to her at the end of her evaluation on Wednesday, and there was some hugs and tears.  I hope that she looks back on them and remembers how much she learned, and is inspired.

I posted a bit more on my blog
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012 01:11:51 PM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012 03:51:39 PM »

What a sweet thing to do for your student. Very kind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Dioxys
How to Draw Little Rabbit Girl
How to Draw a Cute Anime Girl
How to Draw Baby Buu
How to Draw Asuna
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...