A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mama's got a brand new bag!  (Read 14483 times)
Tags for this thread: bag , craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BlackAppleStudios
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012 06:47:05 PM »

I love the fabric. The bag is stunning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suddenlysandra
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012 05:06:10 PM »

That's an amazing bag!!!

I order craft supplies from Asian Etsy and Ebay sellers all the time, with no problems.  The items take about 5 weeks to arrive, on average.  They certainly have a far better selection than (much overpriced) Fabricland (who, by the way, is having their 50% off for members sale right now) :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ally-oops
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012 05:54:48 PM »

Lol I just made curtains out of that fabric!  I love it as a bag!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012 06:41:57 PM »

That's an amazing bag!!!

I order craft supplies from Asian Etsy and Ebay sellers all the time, with no problems.  The items take about 5 weeks to arrive, on average.  They certainly have a far better selection than (much overpriced) Fabricland (who, by the way, is having their 50% off for members sale right now) :-)

Oh I'm so glad to hear that someone's had a good experience... I am just so leery of ordering from something so far away, but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just do it. I've found that they do have some awesome selection and I'm going to just stock up on notions and try and get one big shipment if I can find a seller who carries everything I'm after.

I was considering this fabric for curtains, but I couldn't really make it work with any of our rooms, so into a bag it became! I do love it as a pattern though, it's so graphic and funky.

Thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
P31 Creative
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012 06:51:31 PM »

Love your bag! Great design with all the pockets. I adore that fabric! I have seen those in the Ikea catalog and just drooled hehe... did you have any problems or challenges with that fabric vs any other 'normal' fabric? thats been my biggest fear in buying some!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012 07:03:33 PM »

I didn't have any major problems with the fabric. It's really a fair weight cotton. The ONLY thing is that it frays like it's its job. I zigzaged EVERY seam on the interior of this bag. If I left pieces too long or played with them too much they would start to fray - so I would recommend either cutting with pinking shears (if you have them) or leaving a little bit bigger seam allowance in cutting to deal with the fraying. I bought another length of a different pattern while I was at Ikea (it's going to be a duffle bag I think... at least some of it is Wink ha) and I test cut some of it and it frays really easily as well. But otherwise - it sews nicely, lays flat, irons well, and doesn't run when you wash it. So yeah - for the price, Ikea fabric is AWESOME.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

ColetteK
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012 05:52:55 AM »

That bag is awesome! and I just love the fabric. It's gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

P31 Creative
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012 07:48:49 AM »

I didn't have any major problems with the fabric. It's really a fair weight cotton. The ONLY thing is that it frays like it's its job. I zigzaged EVERY seam on the interior of this bag. If I left pieces too long or played with them too much they would start to fray - so I would recommend either cutting with pinking shears (if you have them) or leaving a little bit bigger seam allowance in cutting to deal with the fraying. I bought another length of a different pattern while I was at Ikea (it's going to be a duffle bag I think... at least some of it is Wink ha) and I test cut some of it and it frays really easily as well. But otherwise - it sews nicely, lays flat, irons well, and doesn't run when you wash it. So yeah - for the price, Ikea fabric is AWESOME.

yay thats great to hear! I see a trip to Ikea in my near future hehe...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012 07:02:14 PM »

Gor-Geous! And such fantastic fabric, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.com
Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012 08:03:09 PM »

Thank you all so much for the lovely compliments. And the best thing happened: tonight a woman stopped me in a public place to ask me where I got my bag?! I just smiled, and told her I made it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
RAW File Basics
The Time of Day in Digital Photography
Digital Zoom Tips
Digital Camera Exposure Basics
Outdoor Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...