A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,767
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 03/16/12 - Bookmark Organization is finally here! (Bonus Jump to Page in boards)  (Read 49419 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2012 06:36:59 PM »

One other thing, is there a way to change what I've named a folder? I realize that I can group more than just "Paper" together but I don't know how to go back and alter the title of that folder without having to delete it, open it anew and remember everything I filed there, then go back and move each topic one by one Tongue.

I don't believe you can do that, either, but it'd be easiest to leave them all there and add them to a new folder first, then delete the old folder.  Sorry!

I came to this thread looking for an answer to the question craftylittlemonkey had but I was hoping for a different answer than this.  I'd LOVE to see a way to change the folder name as I've already twice wanted to change one and the current method is a pain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012 09:27:45 AM »

SO excited that we can now jump to a specific page on a board!  Whew...I had absolutely given up trying to find out what happened on the craftyhousewares:completed projects:general board page 63 when I had to start at page 3 and go 3 by 3 from there...

What's the chance that we can make that feature apply to searching through the 8799 of pages of users/members board?  Even to try and find myself, knowing my own username, is almost impossible---even starting with the letter W I find myself having to go through the laborious process of paging through tons of users with names starting with W.---It's so cumbersome that I have completely written off the "ViewAllMembers" board all together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012 10:16:13 AM »

Jump to page in the member list is a good idea, but I'm wondering why you'd ever want to find yourself (or anyone else whose name you knew) that way! The search is so much easier.

Also, until that exists, if you want to jump pages there you can always just change the number at the end. The pages are in multiples of 30. So if you're at http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sort=realName;start=263820 and you want to jump back 600 names (20 pages) you change it to http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sort=realName;start=263220
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012 11:20:13 AM »

Jump to page in the member list is a good idea, but I'm wondering why you'd ever want to find yourself (or anyone else whose name you knew) that way! The search is so much easier.

Also, until that exists, if you want to jump pages there you can always just change the number at the end. The pages are in multiples of 30. So if you're at http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sort=realName;start=263820 and you want to jump back 600 names (20 pages) you change it to http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sort=realName;start=263220

Super-quick answer!  Awesome!

Oh, that totally works---I mean changing the number in the url itself.  I had no idea that was possible! Smiley

As for why do it?  It's not really about searching for names I know.

It's other information.  Like members I don't know.

For example, sometimes I just feel the urge to see what kind of ingenious names other craftsters have come up with for their username.  Or, in the case where my friend was newly joining craftster and wanted to come up with a username for herself, we were interested in seeing what names had already been used that were similar to the ones she was considering choosing.

I get fascinated by usernames, and sometimes feel the urge to browse the list just to see the fun places my mind goes in response to usernames.  (Okay, yeah, I'm weird! lol)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012 11:24:43 AM by WideEyedLife » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012 06:05:20 PM »

Is it possible to get the folder option when bookmarking from the
"Recent With Pictures" section? I usually just skim them when I'm busy and bookmark things as I go, but the "add to folder" option doesn't come up. So then, later when I have more time (which could be days), I have to try and remember which ones I've recently added but haven't filed away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2012 11:31:02 AM »

I have a request in to IT to fix that. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012 03:53:48 PM »

I have a request in to IT to fix that. Smiley

Excellent! Thanks for being so fabulous Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2013 03:21:27 PM »

One other thing, is there a way to change what I've named a folder? I realize that I can group more than just "Paper" together but I don't know how to go back and alter the title of that folder without having to delete it, open it anew and remember everything I filed there, then go back and move each topic one by one Tongue.

I don't believe you can do that, either, but it'd be easiest to leave them all there and add them to a new folder first, then delete the old folder.  Sorry!

I came to this thread looking for an answer to the question craftylittlemonkey had but I was hoping for a different answer than this.  I'd LOVE to see a way to change the folder name as I've already twice wanted to change one and the current method is a pain.

Same here.  I'd love for there to be a way to edit the folder name instead of having to move things to a new folder.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Alexandra Horowitz Talks About Inside of a Dog
Jonathan Alter Reveals His Best Quality
Pop-Up Predators Book Trailer
Embrace the Struggle Book Trailer
The Christmas Sweater Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...