A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,616
Currently Running With Scissors:
823 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 03/16/12 - Bookmark Organization is finally here! (Bonus Jump to Page in boards)  (Read 44928 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kimchery
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012 11:36:17 AM »

This hasn't even sunk in for me yet...  I didn't know this was coming, and really didn't even know how cool of an idea it was.  All I know is, I bookmark things with the idea that I'll never look them up again.  Or if I do, I will spend an hour trying.  I never even thought, 'boy, bookmark organization would be brilliant,' but here it is, and it so will be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012 03:59:28 PM »

Well, now I know how I'll be spending this afternoon--creating a structure of folders for all these bookmarks that have been sitting unattended!  Cheesy You've really got to be in the mood for organizing to find this kind of thing fun, but what fun it can be!
Thank you!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Brackish Potato
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012 06:40:44 AM »

Brilliant! This will make things so much easier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
Spiffyhink
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012 08:21:13 AM »

How cool! I approve. I'm definitely making a swap bookmark folder  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012 09:41:05 PM »

How fun! I do kinda wish that they would be removed from the main list when I put them in the folder, but I guess when I get them all put into folders I can just ignore the main list! Cheesy

I completley take that back, at first I thought it was weird that they were still on the main list, but now that everything is folder-ized, I like it! I can still easily access topics I keep wanting to go back to easily without looking in a folder (my swaps and craft alongs especially!)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012 09:57:38 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012 12:20:57 PM »

How fun! I do kinda wish that they would be removed from the main list when I put them in the folder, but I guess when I get them all put into folders I can just ignore the main list! Cheesy

I completley take that back, at first I thought it was weird that they were still on the main list, but now that everything is folder-ized, I like it! I can still easily access topics I keep wanting to go back to easily without looking in a folder (my swaps and craft alongs especially!)

I thought the same thing! Having them disappear from the main list would make it easier to keep track of which ones I bookmarked already. But, I really just have to sit and go through them, keep track of where I left off and chip away at them. Once it's done, having the master list (especially for at-a-glance "new" posts), will work. So far, I am loving the new system!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
evaberry
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012 07:11:14 AM »

I thought the same thing! Having them disappear from the main list would make it easier to keep track of which ones I bookmarked already.

I agree, I wish they DID disappear from the main list because I classified a few of them the other day but now I want to do more I can't tell which ones I did already! Especially as the order of the main list changes according to which threads have new posts. At least, when you click on the green plus sign, it should tell you which folders (if any) the bookmark is already in.

But anyway, this is only a problem at the start, when the bookmarks aren't classified. Once you start classifying them when you make the bookmark, the problem disappears.

Thank you for adding this functionality! It was something I'd wished for for a long time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012 07:48:20 AM »

Maybe a little check mark or change in color or boldness for those that are already sorted into a file would be helpful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012 07:58:14 AM »

Good ideas. Smiley The reason we didn't immediately change it so that the threads disappeared once they were filed, is because if they stay in the list, then you have the opportunity to file them in multiple folders. We hadn't come to a good solution yet but these are good ideas that I'll take to the tech team as options. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012 08:05:50 AM »

Cool. On flickr pics indicate everywhere they are stored. I don't think it needs to be that fancy pantsy but something showing you've filed a b'mark somewhere already would be groovy.

Can't really complain about much though, lol, How long have we been pining for this awesome feature? I'm pretty happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Must Try Beauty Trend: Nail Stickers, Wraps And Polish Strips
Hpnotizing Eyes: Smoky Metallic Ombre
Top 6 Reasons to Use Sunscreen
How to Do Beach Makeup
Coconut Oil Beauty Tips From Giada De Laurentiis
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...