A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 03/16/12 - Bookmark Organization is finally here! (Bonus Jump to Page in boards)  (Read 46135 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2012 08:31:28 AM »

Can't really complain about much though, lol, How long have we been pining for this awesome feature? I'm pretty happy!

It's kind of embarrassing how long it's been, actually!  Embarrassed The earliest request I saw was December 2005..... We can be a little slow to respond but usually not THAT slow. Tongue
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012 08:31:48 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012 10:53:35 AM »

I am so appreciative of this feature, I can't even begin to express it! I did notice that when I bookmark something from the "Recent with Pictures," which is where I do most of my bookmarking from, doesn't give you the option to select a folder. Can that be added? That would be ace...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012 01:22:19 PM »

Boo! Yea we'll need to fix that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012 08:09:10 PM »

Boo! Yea we'll need to fix that!

And, that's why I love you guys...
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012 04:38:54 PM »

This is a wonderful change, and I thank you heartily for it! But add me to the list of folks wishing we could delete bookmarks from the main list once they're filed. I understand you want to allow for bookmarking something into multiple folders. But, if I want to do that, I'll leave it in the main folder as well. If I know I don't want to, I'd like the option of deleting. I have about a gazillion bookmarks, and it'd make things a lot easier!
But even just like it is, it's great. I really need to block out some time and sit and sort more of mine into folders, I've just gotten started.
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012 11:54:17 AM »

Is there a way to move bookmarks out of the main folder into other folders in a group? I am finally around to sorting through mine and there are so many, I'm having to click on each one individually, move it, then wait for the page to reload to click on another one. Also, unless I have the time to sit and do them all right now, if I come back to it later on there is not an indication showing which ones have been moved and already live in a folder and which ones I have yet to get to.
One other thing, is there a way to change what I've named a folder? I realize that I can group more than just "Paper" together but I don't know how to go back and alter the title of that folder without having to delete it, open it anew and remember everything I filed there, then go back and move each topic one by one Tongue.

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012 01:24:04 PM »

Is there a way to move bookmarks out of the main folder into other folders in a group?

To my knowledge, there isn't currently a way to do that.  Undecided

I am finally around to sorting through mine and there are so many, I'm having to click on each one individually, move it, then wait for the page to reload to click on another one. Also, unless I have the time to sit and do them all right now, if I come back to it later on there is not an indication showing which ones have been moved and already live in a folder and which ones I have yet to get to.

Also true. The only thing I can suggest is to start at the bottom and keep track of where you leave off. (Since those threads haven't been replied to most recently they're most likely to stay in the same order.) Sorry i don't have a better answer!

One other thing, is there a way to change what I've named a folder? I realize that I can group more than just "Paper" together but I don't know how to go back and alter the title of that folder without having to delete it, open it anew and remember everything I filed there, then go back and move each topic one by one Tongue.

I don't believe you can do that, either, but it'd be easiest to leave them all there and add them to a new folder first, then delete the old folder.  Sorry!

These are good ideas for the future, though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012 02:35:25 PM »

Craftylittlemonkey, I simply opened another window and kept my place that way. It did take me about two days to complete but that is the only way I knew how to keep my place and to surf and to do some then get up from the computer and go about my stuff then return. When I turned off my computer I just wrote down the last one I did and continued the next day.  I hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012 04:24:13 PM »

Dang it. I'll have to sit down and do it all in one fell swoop sometime I guess. The thing about leaving part for another day Jinjeet is that if someone posts a reply in one of the topics you have bookmarked it will move out of line so you could easily miss some. I had about 4 windows open, lol. One for adding new folders as I came across topics that didn't fit in one I had created already. It was messy and disorganized and beyond me at that moment in time I'm afraid. I'll try again later...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012 10:03:55 PM »

That's why I left one window open for my bookmarks and did not refresh it all day. It stayed static. Sorta like a bookmark for my bookmarks. I kept the next one at the very top of the page to keep my place. In the window that I was actually working with did change with the "new" topics but when I would reach that specific topic and it wasn't there cause it "moved" to the top, I'd just look for it. I hope that makes sense. It did take a long time and a lot of patience but we only need to do it once and it's done.
Gosh, I hope that made sense. It really went pretty smoothly once I figured out to just open one window and not touching it and working with the other.
Now I wish I could just "collapse" the folder area cause I like to follow some ongoing topics and leave my bookmark page open.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
White Chocolate Cheesecake from Colicchio & Sons
Your Definition Of Salad Should Not Include This
Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookie Recipe
How to Make a Next-Level Fruit Salad
How to Make Movie Theater Popcorn Cake
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...