A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: All The Totoros! PDF patterns attached  (Read 55482 times)
Tags for this thread: totoro , pattern_included , pdf_attachment , featured_project , pattern , craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« on: March 16, 2012 03:59:15 AM »

A few years back I made a blue and a white Totoro, and wrote up the patterns on my livejournal (White Totoro, Blue Totoro). Since then I've been wanting to make a grey one, and to perfect the original two patterns. In the end I did that, and also adapted the pattern for the white Totoro to make a small blue one to go with the grey one, and a tiny white one to complete the set.

This might be easier to explain in photos!

Here's the large grey Totoro, which is about 9" tall, with the small blue Totoro (4.25" tall) and the tiny white one (1.75"). To be honest, the two smaller ones aren't quite to scale with the grey one, but it would have been too difficult to make a white one small enough without changing the type of yarn, which I didn't want to do.

These are the updated blue and white Totoros. The blue one is about 8" tall and the white one is 4.25" tall. When I started remaking them I changed them quite a bit - I obviously crochet a lot tighter now that I did when I made them originally. The grey Totoro and this blue one have a similar pattern, the grey one is a bit taller but the ears are shorter.

The white Totoro and the small blue one are the same pattern, just with extra elements (tummy, arms) for the blue one.

Here you can see the two different sizes of blue and white Totoros, I'm happy that I got the scale pretty much right for both sets.

I also made a little leaf for the grey Totoro, to help keep off the rain. The tiny white Totoro seems to like sitting in it.

All the patterns are available to download at the bottom of this post, so please have fun making them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012 12:48:23 PM by fantasticmio - Reason: added specific blog links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliis
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012 04:48:22 AM »

Oh, they are perfeckt! I love your Totoros and definitly want to make my own too Cheesy Thank you for sharing the pattern, you are super!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Road goes ever ever on...
Antidigger
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012 04:49:36 AM »

They are lovely. The tiny white one is so cute and the grey is just right. Thank you for the tutorials too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
wendiek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012 06:01:38 AM »

It is so nice to see the difference between your first ones and the ones now. With the pictures next to each other you can clearly see that you crochet tighter now! Nevertheless they are all lovely!

I do crochet a little, but I tend to crochet so tight that my hands hurt and I can't hardly put my crochet hook in... I know, that is really too tight (hahaha, it gets to stand up on its self, without stuffing) but I find it hard to loosen it. But your work is really appealing and I should try one of your lovely crochet tutorials these days!

Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Correlating

YOU are a cheeseball! :D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012 06:27:33 AM »

oh my goodness! i have tried to crochet several times and each time, i've gotten frustrated and quit before i made any real progress... this might be the thing that makes me stick to it! they're SO CUTE! you did such a great job! thanks for posting the patterns Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...puttin' things together...
simplyshereena
♏The Confused One♏

What?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012 07:36:40 AM »

Thank you so much for posting patterns to these awesome creations, it was so kind of you to do. ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY WEBSITE
☯Loves ATCs!
PLEASE "LIKE" MY FACEBOOK PAGE!
☯Partaking Swaps:
●ONGOING ATC SWAP : JANUARY
Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012 10:45:35 AM »

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them!

It is so nice to see the difference between your first ones and the ones now. With the pictures next to each other you can clearly see that you crochet tighter now! Nevertheless they are all lovely!

I do crochet a little, but I tend to crochet so tight that my hands hurt and I can't hardly put my crochet hook in... I know, that is really too tight (hahaha, it gets to stand up on its self, without stuffing) but I find it hard to loosen it. But your work is really appealing and I should try one of your lovely crochet tutorials these days!

Thanks for sharing!

All the photos here are of the new ones, I'm not sure if you meant that you looked at the pictures of the old ones on my livejournal. I had to add extra rounds in the patterns because they just came out too small when I followed the old patterns. It is a trick to crochet tight enough to stop the stuffing showing but not so tight that your hook can't get through the stitches! I think I've just about got it right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Balatong
Tutorial Contributor

chain, chain, chain

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012 10:56:52 AM »

LOOOOOVE them all!  You are so talented.  Thank you for sharing the patterns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

11denson
Basically, I have two speeds. Hostile or smart-alek. Your choice.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012 11:32:27 AM »

@__@ Those are amazing!
Best crocheted Totoro I've ever seen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Quitting something...And doing something...Both have the same meaning. They are accomplishments. The two necessary items are sincerity and action."
amapoet
Tutorial Contributor

Away she'd fly

This could be paradise.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012 12:09:30 PM »

Thanks for the patterns! I have a friend that loves Totoros and now I'm planning to make one for him  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten (G. K. Chesterton)
My ravelry
My Etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Custo Barcelona Backstage Hair Trends Spring 2011 - NYFW
Backstage at The Vivienne Tam Spring 2011 Collection - NYFW
Highly Textured Hair Tips
How to Highlight Your Hair at Home
How to Add Volume to Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...