A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,350
Currently Running With Scissors:
289 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 80s movie swap  (Read 12127 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Helena Puck
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012 04:37:45 PM »

Get your pinterest boards ready and prepare yourself for such amazing spoilage!

Just received an amazing package from whenindoubtsew all the way from Australia. I honestly can't decide a favorite.

First, here is the outfit she made me. The shirt has a transfer silhouette of Christian Slater and Winona Ryder in Heathers, under their faces is one of my favorite quotes: " I like it. It's got a what-a-cruel-world-lets-throw-ourselves-into-the-abyss-type ambiance." I've had a crush on Christian Slater since Heathers and Pump up the Volume.  Shocked

Here is a close up of the image on the shirt

You can't tell from the picture but the skirt also has a favorite Heather's quote: "It's your turn, Heather. No, Heather, it's Heather's turn. Heather?"

AND, a Man in black pendant with "Iocane" underneath the picture. I love it. I already put it on a chain and started wearing it. You can't tell but I'm wearing it in the picture.

And if an entire outfit wasn't enough. Check out my plushy, Puckmarian from Flight of the Navigator

AND, bookmarks from some of my favorite movies: Ghostbusters, Gremlins, E.T., and Star Trek. The E.T. bookmark has two of my favorites scenes and pages from the ET book.

AND, an embroidered Neverending Story wrist wallet. On my questionnaire, I wrote that I'd  love anything with the Auryon symbol so whenindoubtsew embroidered it in gold and silver. It looks amazing:

AND, a set of Labyrinth magnets- one of the earthworm and the others are Hoggle spraying the fairies (another favorite scene).

Last but not least, here is a new addition to my art wall in my bedroom. I love it. She used my favorite scene from Princess Bride, printed out the box characters and put their quotes over their pictures like a comic book. I love it and I love the dimensional look the box characters add to the look. The frame is awesome too!

Here is a close up so you can see how amazing this is. They are literally walking out of the frame.

I really appreciated everything! I can really tell you put a lot of thought into each item and you reflected my interests so well it what you have chosen for me. I am truly touched!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2012 06:15:27 AM »

So glad you liked your crafted goodies Helena Puck - I had so much fun making them. The 80s movie scene is ripe for craftin'!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thefett
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2012 06:18:48 AM »

Cool pendant & awesome job on the wallet! Love all the quotes and the box dudes too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fancybutch
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2012 06:40:49 AM »

wow!  Whenindoubtsew those are some amazing items.

The top and skirt, stenciled and the quotes are the best part, I love the raw fabric edges and faded letters, great choices of quotes.

The framed scene from the PB with box characters is brilliant!

Love how your items are unique and creative and well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
gotgrey

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2012 06:27:28 PM »

Such lovely stuff w/this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012 06:33:53 PM »

Like ohmygod - I got a totally bitchin' package from StitchzBStitchz today and have taken photos (at work) but don't have my USB cord to download them  Undecided. I think I might have to finish early today to get home and show you the awesome crafty's I received  Grin. I am blown away with my goodies - StitchzBStitchz has done a phenomenal job - she's so crafty and creative!

Let's just say my all time favourite 80s movie - Real Genius - featured (I wasn't sure if anyone would know of it but me) as well as Labyrinth and Princess Bride. I also got the coolest pink lipstick and eyeshadow in 80s colours (Let's see if I can pull it off  Tongue) And of course some yummy chocolate that I will be hiding from my OH or otherwise I won't get any!!

Photo's soon  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchzBstitchz

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2012 09:57:39 PM »

Helena Puck.. that is one awesome 80's delight. hehe... whenindoubtsew you did a fantabulous job. my goodness i don't know where to start at what i love!! hehe but it has to be the shirt and frame! love it.

and i'm so glad you liked all your goodies whenindoubtsew. it was so much fun making them. gotta say, i was surprised the candy made it in the package. lol

on top of all that... i too received!!! got it on saturday but haven't been home to post the pics. and now that i am... i'm having difficulties.. but i'm gonna keep atryin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may the craft be with you

www.pinterest.com/stitchzbstitchz
stitchzBstitchz

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2012 10:22:05 PM »

okay... so like.. on saturday morning as i was about to leave my house like the mail dude stopped in my drive way to give me my lovely box that was sent my Helena Puck. I was so excited that i opened it at my grandma's house and had everyone watch me. lol. I love it all.

first up... my own little 80's car..

my new lovely Lost Boys chocker

and yes... i was bitten

next up... the most coolest rad bracelet ever!!! all my favorite 80's movies.. Cry Baby, Heathers, Dirty Dancing, Labyrinth, Back to the Future, Sixteen Candles and Breakfast Club... I wore it all Saturday.. the BF even liked it =)

next... two awesome shirts... The Goonies and The Lost Boys - Come on be one of us

and yes there is more!!!!!!! omg... all the goodness!!!! next.. my three favorite things (i loved all.. but these have to be top three... couldn't pick one

a lost boys necklace... double sided.. yeah.. i know.. you're jealous.. i would be too.. glad i'm me. hahahaha

next..two awesome hooplas... LUDO!!!!!!!!!!!!! so cute! and the best quote from The Goonies... p.s. i so love that fabric

Thank you so much Helena Puck!!!! I love it all so much!!!!! I had a blast with this... 80's movies pretty much rule  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may the craft be with you

www.pinterest.com/stitchzbstitchz
whenindoubtsew

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012 01:00:42 AM »

Here's me posting to complete our trio (Helena Puck - StitchzBStitchz - me). Here is my awesome swap package received from StitchzBStitchz. I love everything. Here goes - lots of pictures follow  Smiley

This is what greated me on opening - check out the pink lipstick/80s eyeshadow and Sloth's favourite chocolate bars (Babe Ruth)

My all time favourite obscure 80s movie - Real Genius - my very own beautiful tote which is so well made - check out zippered pocket and extra pockets. It has a screen-print on the front with embroidered pop corn (scene in the movie) and embroidered verse from the theme song (a golden oldie Tears for Fears song) Beautiful greens/blues in the fabrics used. Love it

Awesome Princess Bride jewellery box and Princess Bride necklace - this is going to be worn like everyday!!

Check out StitchzBStitchz's mad art skills - this one is going direct to our movie room!

Rad big bow headband - do you know how difficult it is to photograph your own head!!

My whole stash - I am one lucky girl  Grin

And my whole stash fits in my awesome tote.

You rock StitchzBStitchz!

PS I have just found out StitchzBStitchz is my partner in another swap. I am really looking forward to what we craft for that one - woohoo  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012 01:27:09 AM by whenindoubtsew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helena Puck

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012 06:58:52 AM »

What a great Real Genius bag! I love it. That Princess Bride necklace is really beautiful too.

StichzBStitchz, I'm so glad you liked everything. I had a really great time putting everything together. I have to admit, Ludo was my favorite thing I made for you. And after seeing your bag, I'm so glad I didn't make the Goonies quote into a zipper pouch. I found out that I was threading my sewing machine on the bobbin threader and trying to sew, oops!

I'm glad everything fits. I figured I couldn't go wrong with an oversize white t-shirt. I've been wanting to try out T-Shirt transfers. They were fun. I'd love picking out the pictures from the teen angsty movies for your bracelet. I forgot all about Cry Baby! I'm glad the choker wasn't too out there for you. I was nervous because I was trying something new.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Blog
pinterest

Open to trades for Smurfs, minions, and personal swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Wear Trendy Short Suits
2013 MTV Movie Awards: Red Carpet Fashion - Selena Gomez, Emma Watson
Kim Kardashian Dons Some Sexy Maternity Wear at the MTV Movie Awards
4 Ways to Wear the Ruffle Trend Without Looking Too Young
2013 MTV Movie Awards Style Prediction: Mila Kunis
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...