A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 71
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor 15 Gallery - Spring Festivities and Summer Blast  (Read 76583 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #510 on: July 25, 2012 05:38:14 PM »

It has been go go go all weekend, we've been to 8 Fringe Festival shows!  Sadly, you can't take pictures during the shows, but I have the papers and receipts, and I'll get some of the pro photos for the scrapbook pages.

I can't believe how quickly time has flown by!  There were still so many things I want to do...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
camelama
« Reply #511 on: July 25, 2012 07:19:19 PM »

Bertrum and I came out of work to find a SPECTACULAR Seattle summer evening, so we gathered some friends and headed for the shore!  We grabbed dinner at the local taco store on the way, but all that evidence was consumed before Bertrum realized a photo needed to be taken.

We had a great time in the sun, Bertrum loves the view out to the Olympic Mountains (which are hazy these days due to smoke from the fires in Asia) and he thinks the standing-paddle-boarders are goofy:

We had a great time watching the kids play in this stream that comes down to the beach - many dams and fortifications are built every day, bulldozed after the park closes, and re-built the next day! Hee.

We had a great time and even got some sun - Bertrum was good and wore his hat for shade, though, so no sunburn.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012 07:19:56 PM by camelama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
camelama
« Reply #512 on: July 25, 2012 07:54:21 PM »

OH! And, Bertrum helped me present a birthday present tonight!

This is a print by Lily-Elaine Hawk Wakawaka http://wakawakawinereviews.com/. She's a friend of mine who reviews wines and creates comics/art for wine education. I had her whip up this large color print as a present for another friend Ruby. Ruby and I used to always go to an incredible little Italian restaurant and have this gorgeous wine, the Furat pictured here in the wine tasting print. The restaurant has closed but I wanted to show Ruby how much I still treasure the memories of our friendship and our evenings there!

Ruby sniffled with joy.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anofeles
« Reply #513 on: July 29, 2012 04:25:59 AM »

Greetings from biology course in Vysočina!
During day we study hard and during night we wander in surrounding forests. It's crazy here, but AMAZING.
Everybody works on a project- we are making our own beer, one with yeasts from Prague and one with American yeasts. Everyday we check the temperature, pH and sedimentation of yeasts. So far it seems that US yeasts work harder, I really hope Czech team will get better soon Cheesy
During one night game- which was, by the way, VERY strong experience, we had to taste "surströmming", which is, I believe, Swedish dish. Most people didn't manage it, I did, but I think I'll never forget it Cheesy
But there's one problem- I planned to take a lot of photos with Pox in lab, during the games and so on, but.. the topic of the course is ancient Egypt this year and Pox was mummificated. It's decorating the hall with the other mummies at the moment.
We will see.
I'm having one of the best months of my life these days, I hope you guys have a good time as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #514 on: July 29, 2012 05:01:27 AM »

Oh, surströmming (fermented herring)  Grin Yes, it's a dish from northern Sweden. It's very much an aquired taste... I like it since I grew up eating it in the summers. My husband thinks I'm crazy, and most other people in the southern parts of Sweden wouldn't think of eating it.

I might manage to throw a surströmming party for Riki. My friend's fiance wuld very much like to try it. (He's from India, and... um... I don't think he knos quite what he's asking for) So if I ever get the sheldule for the rest of the summer I'll try to throw a small surströmming party. Must remember to warn the neighbours first... It really, really stinks. As if something died a long time ago...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #515 on: July 29, 2012 11:42:10 AM »

It really, really stinks. As if something died a long time ago...

Isn't that what 'fermented' stands for? Tongue.

Esme-Alice had a very busy weekend. So busy that I left her to rest this Sunday, while I bbqed with my friends. Friday we went to the seaside  to perform and there she met Rapalje, a Dutch folk band. We even got on the tour bus, with the band. And Saturday we went to a free folk festival in the neighbourhood, where Taradance did a workshop. Not too many pics there, because the tent was way too dark and I wasn't in the mood at all. But still, plenty of pics to upload, I really need to get going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
camelama
« Reply #516 on: July 29, 2012 12:42:41 PM »

WHEW!!! Betrum and I had QUITE the little adventurous day yesterday! I have so many photos to share. I edited them way down and STILL so many to share!!!!

First, the day started off at a friend's house - tea, cats, chickens clucking outside, dogs snurfling around for any dropped biscuit bits, good jazz....

Then we took a short drive and ended up .... where? Take a guess...

Obviously a warehouse ... look closely - a warehouse of YARN!!!!!!! DROOL!  We went to the Skacel Yarns 25th Anniversary party! We got a tour of the offices and the warehouse. FUN!

Outside the offices they had games and silly things to do for fun and "marks" that you could trade in for loot!

Here Bertrum is getting a silly photo with an unsuspecting stranger:

In the Showroom, inspecting yarns:

Checking out the samples of Addi needles:

He found some friends!

He inspected some sample knitting projects:

He declared the soft pretzels and brats to be the best ever:

We had a great time at the Skacel party and Bertrum has some loot to bring home with him! Woo hoo!

Then, we were on to the second portion of our BIG DAY.

Here's Bertrum helping figure out our next steps...

That's right, we WENT TO IKEA!!!!!!!!!!!    Ah ha ha ha ha ha! This was making me laugh all day.  Grin Grin Grin

I am very so much NOT an educated IKEA shopper so I did my best with matching up some shots (due to the parking garages I couldn't get a good outside shot) so here's our attempts:

(we found a square-edged dark table as a closest match and then realized it had a high chair and that made us giggle, to put Bertrum in the chair - but IN the chair you couldn't see him! So he sat ON the highchair)

HEE! At 'my' IKEA, that sign is out in the parking garage outside the store, and so my pal stood there holding Bertrum waaaay up against the sign, and I took the photo - and turned around to see a big crowd of people gawking at us! HEE HEE.  Bertrum loved it.

Here he is all tuckered out headed home last night in the car, we stopped and got drinks on the way home we were all so tired and hot and thirsty!

We had a fantabulous day and Bertrum met SO MANY PEOPLE and saw so much and had such a great time! WOO!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012 12:52:19 PM by camelama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

camelama
« Reply #517 on: July 29, 2012 12:50:56 PM »

Oh! And I forgot, I have this lovely photo of Bertrum to share - we visited an artist friend of mine and Bertrum loved her miniature paintings (tho he said "What do you mean, miniature? They look just right to me!). 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #518 on: July 29, 2012 01:51:23 PM »

Isn't that what 'fermented' stands for? Tongue.

Pretty much, yeah!

Have any of you started working on the scrapbook yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #519 on: July 29, 2012 03:10:22 PM »

That's right, we WENT TO IKEA!!!!!!!!!!!    Ah ha ha ha ha ha! This was making me laugh all day.  Grin Grin Grin

I am very so much NOT an educated IKEA shopper so I did my best with matching up some shots (due to the parking garages I couldn't get a good outside shot) so here's our attempts:
I love it!! Grin So funny to think THREE LV's have now done versions of the same type of pics. Too funny!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 71 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Seafood Sensation with Chef Marucs Gleadow-Ware at Aureole
How to Make Chocolate Sticky Buns with Chef Jehangir Mehta at Graffiti
Cheese Cave Advenutres with Cheese Expert Dennis Cottin at Artisanal
Hickory Smoked Barbecue Ribs Recipe
Yougurt Marinated Chicken Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...