A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 71
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor 15 Gallery - Spring Festivities and Summer Blast  (Read 76591 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lunamione
Spirit of the West

Y'know where steel wool comes from? Robot sheep!

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 25, 2012 02:22:42 PM »

Instead, we visited Avebury, where they have a bigger (but less impressive) stonecircle.

Keep poking Wink. I'm just waiting for my dad to give me an update on the afternoon, and I'll probably upload in a couple of hours.

*suspense*

OMG!! I want to see that! The suspense is killing me! *pokes, pokes, pokes*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The stage is waiting. The audience thirsts for adventure. Who am I? I could be anyone. -- Rango

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot
koalascout
« Reply #251 on: April 25, 2012 06:28:02 PM »

we are still here just a little quite on this end since my son has crct testing all week
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #252 on: April 26, 2012 04:04:56 AM »

Dee has been just wonderful this week.  I have had the worst batch of luck this past week, and have been unable to do any of the things we promised her we would do.  It had made me a most depressing hostess, but she has been so sweet about it all!  She has been snuggling with me and making sure that I don't cry too much. 
She keeps reminding me that even though we missed the zoo, we are going on a cruise in a couple of weeks and that there will be a wedding as well. 

She forgave me the zoo, and said that I should pull myself out of this funk.  So I am trying! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #253 on: April 26, 2012 10:16:35 AM »

Aww dewshinesdopp, I hope you feel better soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #254 on: April 26, 2012 11:54:30 AM »

I am going to update slowly on my two holidays, because otherwise it'll be overkill. For the weeks to come, I've got nothing special on my list, so what better than to fill the gap? I am going to dance at a big festival tomorrow. Taradance has been asked to do a one hour show to open the festival weekend. The theme of the night? Ireland... With fireworks... Guess who's coming with me Tongue?

And so we left Europe (we boarded in Calais, France) for the UK. The sun was just up, it was a glorious morning. I wish I felt better back then... I don't want to to dwell on it, not can I really explain it, but my trip to the UK was not always fun.

Those are the white cliffs of Dover! With, very tiny and not very visible, Dover castle on top of it all.

First stop, on our way ot Bath, Windsor Castle. We had to wait a while before we got in, having to pay a significant amount of money and walk through metal detectors and all that. Windsor Castle, after all, is the Queen's favourite place...

Finally, inside! Can you spot my little friend? Oh, and you cannot see it on this picture, but the flag is out. Indicating that, yes, the Queen was at the castle when we were there. So close!

Resting...

Esme-Alice didn't like this, being locked out from that nice juicy lawn, but I told her that we are not significant enough to visit the Queen. Alas!

And this was strange... Look close, look very close. See that figure in bright pink, with the hat, wandering along the houses? And that man next to her, in an official uniform? Could it be the Queen? It will remain a mystery forever, but let's say, we DID see the Queen Wink.

Resting on the grass, alongside Windsor Castle. Beautiful day! Esme-Alice was too thrilled to sleep, so my nap was, well, pretty much non-existant.

So much for our first day, Sunday. Of course, we saw muuuuuch more. We want inside Windsor Castle (no pictures allowed Sad) and visitid Queen Ann's doll house (also no photgraphing allowed). Amaaaaazing stuff! I never saw a doll house that big and so obviously built for adults. Loved it!

Next update, Averbury!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
IdlersDesign

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2012 12:33:41 PM »

Lilibet, how was your dance at the festival? What the whole festival Ireland themed?

We had no big trips last week, but Trevor did help me crafting a bit.

Zentangled writing paper for my penpal.

And today we made toothpaste, I never tried that before, so I'm really excited!

The recipe I used:
- 3 tblsp organic coconut oil
- 1 tblsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- a few drops essential oil pepermint

It looks and smells really good!

Monday we'll go on holliday to France and in this small village we won't have internet access. I'll be back (hopefully with lots of pics) on may 5/6.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012 12:40:03 PM by IdlersDesign » THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
Foxy Sam
« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2012 02:46:38 PM »

Ihaka on his adventure with us through Butterfly Creek:

Having a wee picnic after getting into Butterfly Creek...mmm...neenish tart...mmmm:

The enchanted forest area:

Love that you were making toothpaste with Trevor...how did it go after brushing your teeth?  Did it taste ok?  Have an awesome trip to France...how cool is that!!! Awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #257 on: April 29, 2012 01:42:52 AM »

Lilibet, how was your dance at the festival? What the whole festival Ireland themed?

Oh well, better come clean...

We did not dance. There was no festival. We were not invited. Not until the 27th of July, anyway... Our manager (my brother, *ahum*) mixed up the dates. Great fun... *sigh*
We had to drive to the seaside, which means it took us an hour and a half. For nothing...

At least we saw the sea again, and had a great meal with the dancers, but still...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012 01:43:13 AM by Lilibet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Naantje
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2012 02:23:25 AM »

Oh drat Lil, that must have been a major letdown! *HUG* I hope you didn't miss any events because of the presumed festival. Somebody should shake your brother and tell him that he won't get away with this just because he has a pretty face (which he has, your brother is a handsome man, I'd dare to say it runs in your family, pretty lady  Wink ) and he should make it up to the lot of you. I hope you got to enjoy your day at the seaside nonetheless, I've never found a trip to the shore a punishment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2012 02:29:43 AM »

You're too kind, you Wink.

No, we didn't miss any other events, because cureently four of our dancers are on their way to a small workshop in our own little village. The only thing is... If only it would have been a DAY at the seaside, that would have been awesome, true. But I'm talking about an evening in De Panne... An evening. We left here as soon as I was done teaching (16.15) and arrived there shortly before 7pm. To perform at 8pm, if there would have been a performance, that is.
*sigh*
Oh well... We caused quite a stir there, I hope they will still welcome us in July.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 71 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph Architectural Patterns
How to Create Extraordinary Colors
How to Take a Pet Photograph
How to Go Past your Photographic Limits
How to Choose Images from a Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...