A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 71
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor 15 Gallery - Spring Festivities and Summer Blast  (Read 120263 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy.

Lucky we live Hawai'i

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #430 on: June 21, 2012 07:30:29 PM »

We're back from a whirlwind trip to Wisconsin!  I'll have to look through my camera, because I can't even remember if I took any pictures of Aurora there!

However, I did take some on my way out..... here's before we left the Honolulu airport!

Aurora loved the beautiful garden right in the middle of the airport!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #431 on: June 21, 2012 07:49:53 PM »

Goodness, I can't remember the last time I posted!  D:  Charlie has gone EVERYWHERE with me, I think he's set up quite an apartment in my purse.  Last weekend we performed at the Relay for Life, then went to Tasso's the next day for a friend's birthday celebration and saw the best bellydancer in the area.  Cheesy  He had quite a good time.  He's also learned to play D&D, which he enjoys quite a bit.

I have a ton of pictures, but haven't downloaded them recently (I've actually not even turned on my computer for the last three days, only using my phone, which is quite limited).  We've been busy playing Lego Batman 2 until we get motion sick and then reading the rest of the night.  Yay!

So many awesome vacation pics for all the LVs, I'm so jealous of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign
« Reply #432 on: June 21, 2012 10:43:46 PM »

Not sure I'm going to be able to get pics but CNN will be at my apartment on Monday to interview me about my I am Obamacare image and story. It's going to be on CNN.com and CNN tv channel. (Not sure when, I'll let people know.) I think this is probably a first ever in LV history. Grin

That's so cool! Luckily we even receive CNN here  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #433 on: June 22, 2012 07:54:07 AM »

Not sure I'm going to be able to get pics but CNN will be at my apartment on Monday to interview me about my I am Obamacare image and story. It's going to be on CNN.com and CNN tv channel. (Not sure when, I'll let people know.) I think this is probably a first ever in LV history. Grin

YOU GO!  I promise not to soapbox, but I am so totally FOR Obama's plan to regulate the health care Insurance Industry. 

Please do keep at least me posted about when it's going to be on the news. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweety28303

"She is Dangerous, She is Dangerous, I'm sure."

« Reply #434 on: June 23, 2012 07:11:09 PM »

I finally was able to get Monroe out of the house! My honey took us to Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, and then we went to Duke Gardens in Durham! I've never been to either so it was quite an experience.. PLUS, I got to take pictures on my BRAND NEW **NIKON!**

We had such a great time! Now we're watching going to watch Ghost Protocol while eating lots of chips and queso.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Instagram! -yayitsjojo
KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #435 on: June 23, 2012 08:47:15 PM »

Ooh! The gardens look so pretty! And those pictures turned out adorable too!

Been a crazy week here in "TrackTown USA"..the Olympic track trials are going on right now here in lovely Eugene, Oregon. I was hoping to take Jay out to Hayward field, but traffic has been such a nightmare that I am not sure if I will get a chance or not. Its going on for 10 days I believe, so perhaps we will get a chance still. Figured it might be kind of exciting.

Jay and I have taken the week to recover and relax. As I posted before, we had a ton of fun in Alaska. Hoping I have the chance to go back again in September as well. It is incredibly beautiful there, even more so than Oregon, which is really pretty too.

Our first stop was in Ketchikan, where we walked all day long and got to check out some totem poles, some neat parks, and Creek Street. The salmon aren't running yet, but it was still very pretty. Here is Jay enjoying the scenery:

The next day, we headed through Tracy Arm Fjord and to Juneau. Here is Jay and his monkey friend ( who happened to be our balcony neighbors onboard!). This was headed into Tracy Arm Fjord. The ice chunks in the water are a little farther apart here, but as we got closer to Sawyer Glacier, they got bigger and more dense. Unfortunately, we had to turn around before getting to the glacier, as there was just too much ice.We did see a couple seals and lots of eagles this day. Very cool.  The first pic is Jay and his new friend, the second picture was a little later as we were getting closer to the glacier.

Later in the day, we arrived in Juneau. When getting ready to leave the ship, we were greeted by a giant bear! Jay wanted to take the picture from a distance. I don't blame him, look how ferocious that bear is!

The first thing we did once we got to the dock was get some ice cream. Mmmm, ice cream in Alaska! Jay was too busy eating ice cream to be in this shot, but here is our ship. Our room was on deck 9, right in the middle. If you look REALLY hard, you might see it  Grin

Juneau was probably my favorite stop, even though I loved them all. I took more pictures here than anywhere else, and I was just in love with the colors, the scenery, and the beauty.  We did a two hour whale watching trip out of Auke Bay. We saw a few whales, no tails, but we did get to see a mother and her calf swimming around. It is hard to tell in this photo, but the buoy behind Jay here has a bunch of Sea Lions fighting and playing on it. I got some amazing shots with my Nikon DSLR, but I havent loaded those yet.

Will make another post for some more pics..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012 08:49:07 PM by KodaNRoxyDogs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #436 on: June 23, 2012 09:00:33 PM »

More Alaska fun!

After whale watching, we went to Mendenhall Glacier, where we hiked for a few hours. We got to be pretty close to the glacier, too, which was neat. I wish I was able to take more pictures of Jay here, but it was rainy and the dirt and ground were wet so I didn't want him to get dirty and icky.

This was about 2/3 of the way to where the trail ended-

Here is the giant area where we could walk to. There was a huge waterfall to the side ( you can see it in one of the pictures above), but it was very,VERY wet, so we avoided it.

This one is more true to color- I was using Instagram and other editing stuff on my phone for the other picture, which is why there is a difference in the colors.

After Juneau, we also visited Skagway and Victoria, B.C., Canada before getting back in to Seattle. ( I do have a few pictures of these places, but they are more limited.) In Skagway we got to play with sled dog puppies, explore a gold dredge, and experience 40 below zero temperatures. I had to get all wrapped up in a giant, warm, parka, but Jay braved the cold with no protection. He was such a tough bear! We only stayed in the giant room for about 5 minutes, but, it was more than enough! Brrr!! The room had colored led-type lights, and ice blocks along the walls. Jay is hanging out at the back of the room on one of the blocks of ice.

I wish I thought to take more pictures of Jay around the ship, since he was with me everywhere. We did get lots of laughs and made a lot of people talk when getting pictures in the ports, and everyone seemed to enjoy seeing Jay. He definitely has a lot of fans from this trip!

Oh, and I can't forget! Before leaving the ship to head back to Oregon, Ryan Seacrest insisted on a picture with Jay. Jay, of course, was happy to oblige, which made Ryan incredibly happy, as you can see from his huge smile!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012 09:07:50 PM by KodaNRoxyDogs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MeganCrafts
« Reply #437 on: June 24, 2012 07:07:17 AM »

Oooo Alaska looks gorgeous.  It's definitely on my places to visit someday list.

Nothing interesting to report with Lulu.  I managed to stub my toe hard enough that I can't walk, so I've been on the couch all weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #438 on: June 24, 2012 10:54:52 AM »

Carlisle is weathering Tropical Storm Debby with us right now.

(I'm located in the area where the white arrow is pointing to!)

Even though its on its way towards New Orleans, the way hurricanes and tropical storms spin, the back end is lashing the entire state of Florida, just drenching us. High winds, surf advisories, tornado warnings, flood warnings you name it, were under it.

Other than that, weve been frantically cleaning the apartment for the past two days in advance of tomorrows interview with CNN. Today, its kitchen day. The living room looks awesome though so if nothing else, thats a nice benefit of the whole thing!

Just wanted to check in since the weather is crazy out there. More probably tomorrow after he leaves. Wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Lilibet
Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #439 on: June 24, 2012 12:24:46 PM »

Lots of luck Phoenix! That looks nasty, brrr!

Nothing much here, it's almost over. Tomorrow one tough day, thursday too, and then this will all be over. I just wish I already knew if I can stay at this school or not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 71 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make Nigiri Sushi
How to Make Yellowtail Sushi
How to Make a Spicy Tuna Roll
How to Make a Salmon Roll
How to Make the Perfect Tempura With Tadashi Ono
Latest Blog Articles
I propose a toast!
Tute Tuesday: Plastic Mesh Rug
Love Your Mother

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...