A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Amazing Adventure Time Gallery  (Read 19993 times)
Tags for this thread: adventure_time  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FeliciaSlayDCRG
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012 04:46:25 AM »

Thanks guys.  The tshirt idea actually came from a boxy mens shirt I had seen online before and pinned for my son, but I thought it would look pretty cute on a women's shirt.  Making the hoop two sided was actually an accident.  I wasn't thinking about it when I backed it in yellow, but then I was staring at it and thought it'd be funny to paint Jake's face on it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2012 08:39:29 AM »

Just a reminder that the send out date is this Monday! Let your partner and me know if you'll be sending late.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
savagerose
peace and have a victorious day!

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2012 04:54:41 PM »

Okay, it's been too long since I checked this! Those are the best crocheted Finn and Jake I've ever seen, you got the shapes down perfectly! And I love the backpack.

The hoop is fabulous...both sides rule. You could put it on a door and turn it onto the Jake side when you are in a good mood and then flip it around when it is time for everyone to LUMP OFF and leave you alone. Haha! And I love the Jake pocket shirt, what a great idea.

So I just mailed my package to dfabbric today and imagine my delight when I came home to find a package waiting for me! Talk about serendipitous, and perfect timing because I'm going to an Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow where I can proudly show it off!

You know when you get a package that looks like this, it's gonna be good:

A purse! It's a shaped, cross-body purse with an adjustable strap and POCKETS, made out of a nice sturdy denim. Wait. That is not the most important thing about the purse. It's an LSP purse! And the applique is actually padded so it sticks out and looks, well...awesome. It's also furry.

At first when I opened it, I was like...WHERE did she find LSP fabric? But then I realized she painted the designs onto the bag lining! How cool is that.

On top of that she included a bonus crocheted keychain! I love how its arms are made from chain stitches so you can pose them in different ways. But wait, there's more! The card inside instructed me to press the keychain for a surprise -- and it talks!!! Aaah!! You must tell me where you got the pressy sound clip thing, I NEED THIS TECHNOLOGY.

Here she is telling off my stuffed Peep:

"Just admit it loverboy...you can't resist me! Well if you want these lumps, you gotta put a ring on it!" Best possible sound clip choice, by the way. All my Adventure Time loving friends are going to spontaneously combust with envy!

Thanks so much dfabbric, I just love what you made me. This is the best swap ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2012 05:48:17 PM »

Oh my gosh... I'm not even going to ask how LONG it took to hand paint a bunch of LSP's on the lining for that bag. And that really is a GREAT thing for that key chain to say lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2012 07:48:51 PM »

Wow! dfabbric you did a super AMAZING job on everything!!! Cheesy I absolutely love the bag its so awesome and the fact that it has a sound chip in the keychain thats just super mathmatical Cheesy *envy*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
Gr33nT3a
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2012 07:50:54 PM »

I want everything in this gallery! I want to pick a favorite but everything is so awesome I can't.

Props to hand painting that lining though! I've stamped fabric for a lining and even that took forever so I can imagine.

I haven't had any time for crafting lately so I wasn't able to join this swap. I did buy a "lump off" button at the anime convention I went to a couple weeks ago though. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Běifāng yǒu jiārn, jush r dl. Y g qīng rn chng, zi g qīng rn gu. Nng b zhī qīng chng yǔ qīng gu. Jiārn nn zi d.
北方有佳人,绝世而独立。一顾倾人城,再顾倾人国。宁不知倾城与倾国。佳人难再得。
dfabbric
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2012 09:58:51 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything savagerose. I got the sound clip from ebay. I bought 3 and 1 broke right away and 1 sounded fuzzy. They were pretty cheap though and small enough to put in a card if you wanted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FeliciaSlayDCRG
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2012 08:27:38 AM »

I received from QueenNinjaMonkey the other day, and in between having to sneak my package around the house so my kids wouldn't see, (My son is getting this for easter), and one of the kids messing with my camera, I haven't been able to take a picture.  I think my youngest messed up the flash settings, so none of my pictures are turning out good.  Anyway, QNM said I could borrow her pictures. Smiley

First up is an AWESOME Finn shirt! 

That's not all, but a Jake shirt too!

And I don't know what Parker's favorite will be, but this is my favorite!  An Ice King hoop!!  I was blown away, because I'd never seen this technique before!  She said its needle-punched.  I've only learned back-stitching and satin stitching.  Smiley

And a close up.

I love it all, and I can't wait until Easter tomorrow for Parker to get it all.  Thank you again for being my partner!  Its been fun receiving and crafting for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2012 08:58:08 AM »

Love that package!!! Great work on everything QueenNinjaMonkey! The needle punch ice king looks so great!you did an awesome job getting it filled in really good! I absolutely love needle punch embroidery! So fun and cool Cheesy The shirts are perfect too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
savagerose
peace and have a victorious day!

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2012 09:59:16 AM »

All right! Cute shirts, I love that kind of stylized design. The needle punch looks really cool! I'd heard of that technique but didn't really know what it looked like. Is it hard to learn? (Not that I'm inquiring for any specific reason....  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Sweater Styles For Fall
The TV Wardrobes We Want to Raid This Fall
Jameelah Booker Unveils Her New Jacket Line at NYFW Spring 2014
3 Nonsurgical Ways to Boost Your Booty
2013 Emmys Fashion Predictions Revealed
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...