A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Swap 15 (SU 3/12-3/19) FULL - SIGNUPS CLOSED  (Read 40860 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lunamione
Spirit of the West

Y'know where steel wool comes from? Robot sheep!

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2012 12:29:18 AM »

Oh gosh, oh gosh! I've just finnished the front cover and the first page and it is looking so beautiful! My past scrapbooks have been so poor looking I was worried about failing another partner (I hated last swap when my partner sent back such a wonderful book when the one I sent looked so BAD) but I've been trolling the scrapbook boards to get ideas and I have proper supplies this time and it is just fantastic if I do say so myself Cheesy I'm so happy that it is coming along so well, minor (or huge depending on how you look at it..) problem is there are no photos to go in it yet because I thought I already had photo paper and colour ink to print them at home but now that I am looking for it I can't find it anywhere and it seems the colour ink has gone bad and only the black is working. Rather than buy the photo printing supplies I think it will be cheaper and easier to have them done at the proffessional photographic store. So no photos has slown down scrapbook production but maybe just as well since we have one more important outing tomorrow for Mali.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The stage is waiting. The audience thirsts for adventure. Who am I? I could be anyone. -- Rango

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot
vixen72
« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2012 03:50:53 AM »

Will be getting my supplies next weekend and start scrapping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #382 on: August 25, 2012 09:36:28 AM »

Am I the only one who does the majority of my scrapping digitally?  I usually make the pages completely on the computer, then stick a few things on them after they're printed.  Makes them look a little more like a comic book, but... I think it's okay...  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MeganCrafts

I can't stop swapping! I think I have a problem.

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2012 09:51:31 AM »

Am I the only one who does the majority of my scrapping digitally?  I usually make the pages completely on the computer, then stick a few things on them after they're printed.  Makes them look a little more like a comic book, but... I think it's okay...  Smiley

What do you use for that?  It's definitely something that I'd like to look into, as I've never done a scrapbook before, and doing it digitally sounds awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/megancrafts

Swaps:
Taking a break. Would consider small personal swaps.
Smeddley

« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2012 09:57:53 AM »

What do you use for that?  It's definitely something that I'd like to look into, as I've never done a scrapbook before, and doing it digitally sounds awesome.

I've done it two ways - entirely in Photoshop, and entirely in Word.  I... actually prefer Word, because the text prints out SO much cleaner.  I use a lot of text boxes (with no frames) and there's a ton of shapes, and WordArt, and clipart you can add!  You can put borders on the pictures, and shadows, and all sorts of stuff.  You just have to be patient and layer it properly because I will admit, Word loves to try to auto-format on you.  But if you can struggle through that frustration, it works pretty well.

And the absolute best part is that there's an "undo" button.  I so wish all of life had an "undo" button!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2012 10:08:07 AM »

I think that's really cool. When I was partnered with SpookyPooky two rounds ago, she did a digital one she printed and bound together. It was neat! I only got a working printer last week though so it wasn't an option for me this round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2012 11:44:36 AM »

I thougth about it, but the production time at the photo place I looked at was pretty bad, so I decided to go with my original plan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2012 12:01:29 PM »

As Tropical Storm Isaac comes this way, Carlisle is experiencing his first Tropical Storm Watch. Wink It's a bright, sunny, HOT day outside but we'll be having some serious weather and are under flood warnings until Tuesday. So far *fingers crossed* the path is putting it out into the Gulf, not here in Florida, but even if that holds true, we're in for a lot of bad storms.

Next few days should be interesting. Should I disappear briefly, it's because of potential power outages.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012 12:01:42 PM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #388 on: August 27, 2012 05:45:29 AM »

As Tropical Storm Isaac comes this way, Carlisle is experiencing his first Tropical Storm Watch. Wink It's a bright, sunny, HOT day outside but we'll be having some serious weather and are under flood warnings until Tuesday. So far *fingers crossed* the path is putting it out into the Gulf, not here in Florida, but even if that holds true, we're in for a lot of bad storms.

Next few days should be interesting. Should I disappear briefly, it's because of potential power outages.

Take care, and be safe with all the tornado watches.  Dee and I will be doing the same
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wildfyre
« Reply #389 on: August 27, 2012 10:43:33 PM »

I had previously done all my books the old fashioned way, but I'm giving digital a try this time. I still have all the paper etc on hand in case I fail at it though  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Forest Diorama
How to Create a String Spiderweb
How to Make Customized Mouse Pads
How to Create Plaster Bones for Halloween
How to Make Fun Magnetic Keepsake Boards for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...