A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Blah white to colorful and charming kitchen (picosaurus)  (Read 3113 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cherry Bomb!
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb!

I didn't do it!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2012 12:53:16 PM »

I recently moved into a new apartment and while I loved to setup of my kitchen, I hated the fact that it was floor to ceiling white. Unfortunately, it's an apartment so there are a limited number of things I could do to rectify this. Using a few things I already had I picked up a few other things and made some curtains, and I think it's now 100% better. It's definitely my favorite part of the house... although that may be because it's the only room in the house that's finished. (Seriously. I don't even own any furniture. I sleep on an air mattress and I eat all my meals standing up or sitting on the counter. >_< but at least it's mine!) Without further ado, here's a shot of the (mostly) finished kitchen. (I posted here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=405034.0 about the hideous cabinets, which I still intend to something about.)

(why yes, that is a printer on top of the fridge. Why, where do you keep yours?)

and here's what it looked  like before:

Panning from left to right as if you were standing in the center of the kitchen:

And the rug I got for $5 at Walmart that inspired all the other colors in the kitchen (also, a random child ^_~):

As you can tell, I'm inordinately proud of it. I made the curtains out of a $5 flat sheet with some pretty ribbon for detail, I already had the star hook, the polka dot coasters that are used as a trivet, the green dry erase board, the tiny jar with cayenne pepper on it, the flowers(they're hair flowers, I just stapled them to the wall), the red vase and necklace it's wearing, the rock, the blue glass telegraph insulator, the little green clock, the green ceramic bowl, and the wind chime. Everything else I got at Walmart for like $40. I love happy sayings, so I wrote various inspirational statements around the kitchen on nonporous surfaces with dry erase marker so I can change them whenever I feel like it. And I drew the flowers on the toaster because it was too blah. I even used the little bag the sheet came in to store my dry erase markers so they're easy to get to (it's hanging from one of the drawer pulls). I'm very proud of myself, this is the first kitchen I've ever had that was really decorated how I liked it. What do you think?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012 01:01:14 PM by Cherry Bomb! - Reason: forgot an image. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Which voice in your head should you keep alive?
nachouchou
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012 03:35:00 PM »

I like it! You really made something out of nothing, the kitchen was indeed blah (to use your words Wink but you put your mark on it! It looks like someone lives there now and not just anybody, but a cheery and creative person Smiley
And to answer your question: no, my printer (when I still had one) was located near my computer, so I didn't have to walk far to collect my prints (lazy? me?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012 03:36:33 PM »

It looks so cheerful now. I wouldn't mind working in there either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cherry Bomb!
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb!

I didn't do it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012 04:42:01 PM »

Thanks! ^_^ Lol all my computers and devices are connected wirelessly... and since I have no actual furniture it's the only place to put it where my four year old can't get to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Which voice in your head should you keep alive?
bethanael
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012 08:20:29 PM »

Your kitchen looks wonderful! Its amazing what a few simple things can do. I now feel the need to get off my lazy butt and decorate my kitchen lol   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selenavaz
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012 03:39:09 AM »

I love your kitchen and especially love the curtains. They are so orange and bright! It lights up your entire kitchen and makes it look so much more better. Just those curtains itself have made such a big difference. Overall your kitchen is done up well. Keep up the good work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VivaGlitter

Everyone can do it one pen stroke at a time.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012 07:27:49 PM »

these are great subtle changes that make a world of difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to trade ACTs!
MaryMiller
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012 01:58:05 AM »

Even your kitchen is small it has still good interior design and I like how you arranged your kitchenware and the orange curtain really catch my attention.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012 02:51:58 PM by photojenn » THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazymaisey
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012 10:26:15 AM »

Love this! You've made such a tiny bland space into a really lovely inspiring little area with it's own personality  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Housework won`t kill you,....... but why take the chance?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Adobe Photoshop Elements
How to Blur Faces in Videos
How to Design a Magazine Front Cover in Photoshop
How to Make a Realistic Planet in Photoshop
How to Make a Bold Simple Website Template Page in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...