A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New crocheter, but here are some completed works  (Read 7546 times)
Tags for this thread: hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spaz2phreek
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012 08:32:24 PM »

So jealous... crochet is my nemesis! And it's stuff like this that makes me so sad that I can't get the hang of it. Excellent work. And welcome to Craftser!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
JimmelMartin
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012 07:35:06 AM »

Oh wow, thanks everyone for the comments!  I'm glad that you guys like them!

@CDEeeek:  It's funny you say that.  I truly think the Zim hat was maybe one of the easier crafts I did.  I also think I didn't do anything someone else can't do.  Just takes a bit of thinking and willing to figure some things out, like formulating the shapes.  I think the Megaman hat proves it, because I've seen BunnieBard do a hat extremely close to this one way before me, Tongue.  I just wanted to demysitfy the concept instead of waiting for her to restock hehe.  Since she wasn't revealing the pattern (which I understand, because she sells that on her online store), I had the honors of coming up with a pattern for it like she did...

@thania:  I can help with learning how to make a hat if you want.  I learned how to work in the round my second day, and the rest was history.  I learned the circle chain, which I completely hate, and then I learned the magic circle a day later.  Now I magic circle all beanies. 

@Oath Keeper:  Steal them, but beware, you are stealing them from someone who is a big Mega Man fan lol.  Seriously, if you did, it'd just give me a reason to try and recreate them faster :3

@spaz2phreak:  I feel the same way about knitting.  I suck at it, crocheting seems SO much easier.

@n3k0cupc4k3:  Nice 1337!  From what I've noticed, this works for me with all my beanies, but I know there are multiple ways to do these.

All my beanies come from basic concepts, with an exception of a couple of unthemed hats:

If it's HDC or higher:

after your first round, you increase in each stitch (x2 your stitches), and then add a single stitch in between each increase in each following round, so if you'd did a pattern to make a HDC basic beanie you do this...

My pattern:

MC 10 HDC (round one, 10 st)
HDC inc (2 HDCs in 1 st) in every stitch, which should be 2 in every stitch, which equals 20 in round 2
then [1 HDC in the first st, 2 HDCs in the next st].  Repeat in brackets all the way around, which should equal 30
then [1 HDC in the first st, 1 HDC in the next st, 2 HDCs in the next stitch]  Repeat til you get 40 stitches.
then [1 HDC, 1 HDC, 1 HDC, 2 HDCs] Repeat til you get to 50.
then [1 HDC, 1 HDC, 1 HDC, 1 HDC, 2 HDCs] Repeat til you reach 60.
then 1 HDC in every stitch for each round after that.

then with SC hats, I'd follow a similar increase pattern, except once I reach a round with at least 40 stitches in it, I'd do a round with just 1 sc in each st before I'd do the next increase, and since I normally do sc hats in 8s, I'd do 8, 16, 24, 32, 40, 40, 48, 48, 56, 56, 64.....

Those are what works for me, but I'm sure there are many others.

@All who love a man that crochets:  Awwww <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
banana731

procraftinator extrodinaire

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012 09:37:44 AM »

Very nice, you have a gift! And I think wings would look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm almost always typing with one hand...
kimchery
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012 10:49:51 AM »

I am kinda awed here.   Shocked

I learned to crochet.  I did it for six months.  I made a few baby blankets with obvious mistakes and went on to start a very humongous lopsided afghan that I gave up on.  I tried crochet in the round and thought if my DOILY was that ugly, surely a hat with decreasing and such wouldn't be a winner for me.

You've made this stuff after 2 months?  That is really amazing.  You surely have a knack, and I love all your beanies.  The Gir tongue, lovin' it.  The Proto Man beanie looks great,...  Eh, They are all completely impressive.

Welcome to craftster, and please please come back and show us the new things you make.  Give you a few more months, and who knows what you can come up with.  The sky's the limit.   Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glitabug
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012 12:14:47 PM »

Shocked how clever are you love these hats! i can crochet and been doing it years you put me to shame ! lol well done   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Midnight Sun

The northern lights have seen queer sights.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012 12:48:43 PM »

Real men are Craftsters!!  Cheesy Cheesy  Love the hats, and welcome to Craftster  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"OH MY GOD! Pot Smoking!? You know what that leads to?! MUNCHIES! And you know what THAT means: TRANS-FAT. God knows, you don't want your kids getting into THAT."

-- Pauline
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012 02:30:45 PM »

You've got mad skills! I love that 2nd hat so much...but they're all fantastic!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012 03:29:09 PM »

Really, there's only one thing wrong with those hats... none of them are mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JimmelMartin
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012 05:46:52 PM »

Lol, I'm working on getting more yarn to make duplicates.  I went to an event in Atlanta, and they thought I should have a booth if I return.

But, I do have a new project, and I think this will be the most difficult one yet.  Aside from being geeky and loving videogames, I am also a big techno/electronoma/house fan.  I especially love Daft Punk, and I'm working on a beanie based off this guy's helmet.

http://www.webochronik.fr/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Casque-Daft-Punk-Guy-Manuel-Helmet.jpg

This will take a while, and I am working on it piece by piece.  Hopefully I figure this one out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012 08:12:25 PM »

Great job! Love them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to change the Background Image When Rendering - 3ds Max
How to Make a Simple Box Scene - 3ds Max
How to Import files into your Scene - 3ds Max
Basic Camtasia Studio Tutorial
Basic Adobe After Effects CS4 Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...