A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,801
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gathered Clutch  (Read 2930 times)
Tags for this thread: clutch  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tasha07
Whovian

Doctor Who ♥

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2012 05:50:20 AM »

I've had a pretty tough week. Last week, our dog tore the skin off one of his paw pads and wouldn't stop licking it so he's in a cone collar. Then I started my new job this week, while still finishing up my old job, which meant I was slinging lattes starting at 5am, then learning an entirely new computer system at the landscaping company I'm now at. Today is my first day off in a week and I wanted something pretty. For some reason, I convinced myself I could do it last night. I was completely wiped, and after ripping out seams for the 3rd or 4th time, I put it down and went to bed. Spinal issues had me up at 6am (well, that and the fact that I'm used to getting up at 3:30 for work), so I went ahead and finished.

The front band is a little slanted, and the lining is very slightly bunched, but it's completely functional! Also really pretty. I only just got a sewing machine 2 weeks ago, and this is maybe the 4th thing I've ever sewn. The logical part of my brain says I should start on easy things, but luckily the creative side says if I go slow and read everything 20 times, it can't be that hard. It's the first purse/clutch I've made, the first time I've ever changed the foot on my sewing machine, AND the first ruffles/gathering I've ever done, as well as the first zipper I've ever inserted. I used this tutorial I found on Pinterest. My boyfriend's family is coming down from Michigan (we're in NC) for his birthday in a few weeks and I'm thinking about making these for the girls.... maybe that's a little ambitious. lol
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012 05:52:54 AM by rockstr009 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Padester
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012 06:11:08 AM »

Great job!  And a lot of firsts.  You might be able to make these for your neices - the first one is always the hardest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewfumust
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012 06:32:24 AM »

Terrific!  You've obviously got loads of confidence and a decided gift for sewing. 
Most people don't choose such a style - gathers, zipper - for their first bag.  Keep on sewing and sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tasha07
Whovian

Doctor Who ♥

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012 07:03:32 AM »

Terrific!  You've obviously got loads of confidence and a decided gift for sewing. 
Most people don't choose such a style - gathers, zipper - for their first bag.  Keep on sewing and sharing.

Oh thank you! That's so nice of you to say! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012 07:06:35 AM »

I agree. Going slow and starting with the easy stuff might be a good way to learn, but it's also a bit boring. Our curtains were the least inspiring thing I ever sewed! I've never done anything with a zipper yet though! Zippers scare me somehow, don't know why XD I like this!

And poor dog! I hope he feels better soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
StickerChic87
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012 09:07:25 AM »

Oh it turned out great!! I love the plaid and the colors. Ive had this tute bookmarked for a while, but have yet to try it. I might just have to give it a go now!! Great job! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012 09:33:36 AM »

It looks great!!  I've had the Noodlehead clutch on my list FOREVER.  I really need to get going on that!   Tongue  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012 09:34:01 AM by threegirlsandaboy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BenaeQuee
Sewing Machine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012 12:54:39 PM »

Great clutch!  I was so inspired and loved that tutorial you use linked to, I made two of my own.  They are VERY easy to sew up if you aren't making the inner pockets, and it only took maybe an hour tops to make each of them.

PS: I must have your TARDIS mug hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for geek chic goodies!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BenaeQuee
lelila
geek.

nerd love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012 03:40:19 PM »

I was just about to say: I am compelled to point out the TARDIS sneaking around in the background  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will private swap for handspun yarn!

My wists.

KER+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Bam++@ Syn+@ Wool+(+)@ Stash++ Scale- Fin--  Ent+ Tex++ Lace++ Int-@ Flat++ Circ+(-) DPN+ !Swatch-- FO+ WIP++ W+@ ALTSw(++)
tasha07
Whovian

Doctor Who ♥

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012 04:40:56 AM »

I'm OBSESSED with Doctor Who lol. You should see the rest of my desk! I got the mug from thinkgeek.com for around $16, and they have a BUNCH of DW stuff, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kristen Stewart Is the Best Dressed Woman of 2013
How to Deal With Love Handles
Underwear That Flatters Your Figure
Picking the Right Panties For Your Body
Picking Out the Perfect Sunglasses
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...