A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,205
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric glue?  (Read 266 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wonderstruck
« on: March 16, 2012 05:18:54 PM »

I have a project I'm doing that needs fabric glue.

What do you guys like for fabric glue? I had used a clear one before, but I hated how it dried.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012 11:45:23 AM »

Depends on what you need it for, I guess. My sorta-mother-in-law used Fabri-Tack to fix a quilt and it didn't hold up for more than a few months. That being said, I used spray adhesive (3M Super 77) to replace the fabric on my mouse pad. It's been over a year, and the edges are just starting to lift a bit. For spot applications, there are other glues, depending on what kind of fabric you're sticking to what. Maybe check out This to That for options.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wonderstruck
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012 02:40:15 PM »

Depends on what you need it for, I guess. My sorta-mother-in-law used Fabri-Tack to fix a quilt and it didn't hold up for more than a few months. That being said, I used spray adhesive (3M Super 77) to replace the fabric on my mouse pad. It's been over a year, and the edges are just starting to lift a bit. For spot applications, there are other glues, depending on what kind of fabric you're sticking to what. Maybe check out This to That for options.

I was looking at this: http://www.joann.com/ok-to-wash-it-for-a-permanent-fabric-bond/prd1778/ Aleens Ok To Wash It glue.

I had seen a no sew one by Aleens that seemed like it could work but I'm not sure. It was temporary hold until you can sew it. So I could glue the project together and then sew it which would be helpful. I found that doing the project with the glue was easiest but I hated the way it turned out with the glue I used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tangy, Zesty, & Spicy Grilled Shrimp on fixmyrecipe.com
Chicken Salad with Golden Currants on fixmyrecipe.com
Improved Chili Recipe
How to Make Crab Cakes with Grapefruit Aioli
How to make Lima Beans
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...