A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite place to order beads?  (Read 1718 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sparksfly
« on: March 08, 2012 03:37:23 PM »

What are your favorite places online to order beads?

I've always loved to do beading and recently I've had alot of ideas on things I want to make.

I want to make a bracelet using these beads: http://www.etsy.com/listing/86544367/turquoise-howlite-skull-beads-with-red?ref=sr_gallery_26&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=turquoise+skull+bead&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

What do you think would look best? I haven't beaded in a few years so I'm not sure what to use. I was thinking maybe a off white round bead with the similar cracking effect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012 05:05:46 AM »

I love www.beadfx.com myself, but I am in Canada and am not too far from their actual store, so I order and go to the store to pick up.  I also have ordered from artbeads.com in the US, and would order from them more if I wasn't charged duty.  Also same with Rings n' Things too.

I know those beads - looks like the seller takes skull beads, which I have bought in various colours and various sizes from a local seller, and she made some polyclay flower canes and decorated the eye holes with them.

I like the white bead idea.  I personally would use a black matte or smooth bead myself for contrast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
sparksfly
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012 12:08:34 PM »

I love www.beadfx.com myself, but I am in Canada and am not too far from their actual store, so I order and go to the store to pick up.  I also have ordered from artbeads.com in the US, and would order from them more if I wasn't charged duty.  Also same with Rings n' Things too.

I know those beads - looks like the seller takes skull beads, which I have bought in various colours and various sizes from a local seller, and she made some polyclay flower canes and decorated the eye holes with them.

I like the white bead idea.  I personally would use a black matte or smooth bead myself for contrast.
Thanks!

I had found these beads which is exactly what I was looking for: http://www.etsy.com/listing/80053966/100pcs-8mm-round-turquoise-white-ivory?utm_source=toolsforetsybuyersse&utm_medium=api&utm_campaign=api but they're in China so I'm still not sure if I want to order from them. But I actually think that the black and the crystals would look really good together.

Do you know where I could buy really large crimps? I'm starting a bracelet project that uses satin rope cording that's about 7 MM thick and I need to crimp some smaller rope to the ends.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mrs Shak
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012 02:16:37 PM »

Hi there. I've ordered from www.firemountaingems.com, www.riogrande.com, www.beadsandcharms.com and www.bobbybead.com. I found the skull beads here but they don't have the eyes. I agree with Onyxnox that the seller used a cane and put the eyes in. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Funny, I don't remember being absentminded...

I need a skein (two would be great) of Knit Picks Gloss Bare sock weight to finish a shawl.

My Pinterest
Jewel Crafts by Jenn
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012 09:38:59 PM »

It's probably a little late, but I use firemountaingems.com and also jewelrysupply.com. I would love to see your finished product with those! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gemfew
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012 12:39:51 AM »

for my own, i will get the beads and charms from the online stores. they have contained most of what i need and the price is really fine~
on the other hand, when choosing the store, i will choose the ones with no shipping cost, because the shipping cost is really a big problem.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012 07:54:45 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watertown School Cooking Visit
Discovering Limburger Cheese
Watertown South Dakota County Fair
The Relish Cooking Show Watertown
Different Nut Butter Spreads
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...