A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Elenore Pattern  (Read 16759 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DeathToLems
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011 12:08:26 PM »

hello. dont know if this is in the wrong post or if its been posted already. but i have srsly been looking everywhere for a pictorial of how poppets are made.
im so confused. I really really want to make one.
first thing i dont understand is the template.
the face for example why has one side only got extra fabric for a seam? why doesnt the front (the part with the nose)?
how do i sew the fabric together if theres no extra fabric for the sewing?
i just dont get it. i had a go at making a small poppet head and went along with my idea to leave some added fabric for sewing along and it seemed to have worked. but also following the guide i didnt even see where i was suppose to leave a gap for the ears.
honestly the guide for these dolls is so vague. how is anyone suppose to understand where to sew and how.
im sure that to crafters who make dolls and things this guide will make loads of sense but for a first timer this is so confusing.
can someone please guide me to a link of instructions.

i really want to make something good for a swap round coming up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011 08:08:53 PM »

You're right that the instructions are a bit vague. The original poppet pattern, which you can get through Ghilie, has more instructions on the assembly of this particular doll. The Elenore pattern was made as a supplement to that original pattern for people who wanted to change the body style a bit to accommodate for a more womanly figure, and most people who've attempted this pattern had already made the original and were familiar with the instructions. I shared this alteration in the boards so that I wasn't constantly e-mailing the pattern to those who wanted it. I do have a business where I sell patterns with full instructions, but this one is not offered because I didn't want to take credit for something that wasn't completely my design.
 To answer your question about the missing seam allowances, they are not shown because the pattern is traced onto freezer paper, and then sewn along the edge to the paper, using it as a stabilizer and a guide. The edges where seam allowances are drawn, are there because the paper is removed, and you are piecing the pieces together.
 If you want more clear instructions on the assembly of this doll, I suggest you pm Ghilie for her pattern. There is also a pictorial tutorial available to guide you through the bodice construction of this particular doll. You can find that here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249055.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damant
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012 01:59:26 PM »

Hi! I looked for the way to turn the fingers without breaking them and I can't found it. Can you give me some tips? The link that you post before isn't working. Thanks too much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012 07:59:40 PM »

This link has some really good pictures from start to finish. You can buy the tools online or at Joann Fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What the Locations Manager Does On Set
Camera Grip Gear - C-Stands Review
Film History Biography of Harold Ramis
Film History Biography of Werner Herzog
Film History Biography of Kathryn Bigelow
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...