A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cute Purse with Tute!!!  (Read 17336 times)
Tags for this thread: purse , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenny777

I painted my sisters preg. belly!

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2005 10:06:17 AM »

This is my first post and therefore my first tutorial,  but I've been crocheting for a long time and I love to make new things.  My husband calls me a craft psycho!

Okay this is how I did it.

I used regular worst weight yarn and a size H crochet hook

I made my bag small because I always make a small prototype first then I use it to make a larger one,  or I give the small one to my daughter.  She must have hundreds of little purses now.

Abbreviations:

ch= chain
sc= single crochet
hdc= half double crochet
dc= double crochet
tr= triple (treble) crochet

Thats it!  easy right??

Belly of the Bag

Chain 51
Row 1 sc in second ch and in the next 3 chs, hdc in next 3 ch, dc in next 3 ch, tr in next 26 chs, dc in next 3, hdc in next 3, sc in next 3.  chain one and turn.

Row 2 Work in back loops only for the remainder of the belly of the bag!  Repeat row 1.  If your finding that your sc are not lining up with the sc in the first row,  your off and need to rip out your work and start row 2 over.  Just make sure your sc and hdc and dc and tr all line up with row one.

I did 22 rows.  For a larger purse you will need to do more rows.  It curls up and makes a circle in the center,  when the beginning of the circle shape and ends of the shape reach 10 and 2 O'clock (like your looking at a clock) then you have enough rows and you can stop.

Circle   Make 2
ch 4 join in first ch to make a ring
chain 3 and dc (11 times) in ring join top of ch 3 with slip stitch chain 3
row 1  2dc in each st around join top of chain 3,  chain 3
row 3 in back loops *2dc in next st, 1dc in next* repeat  join and chain 3

This may be large enough!  If not  add another round just like row 3

I'm currently making this bag with a ROSE in the center rather than a circle.  I think it will be to die for,  I'll post a pic after I'm done (try to post a pic anyway)

Sorry I got side tracked,  okay now we need a handle!

make your handle as wide as you like,  Y'all don't need me to tell you how to crochet a strip,  if by chance your new to crochet,  send me a pm and I'll tell you how.

Now sew it all togeather!!!   put the circle in the middle of the body and whip stitch it togeather,  then the handle.

I hand sewn a liner in because I know the yarn will stretch.  You can do the same.   

If you like the bag,  make it , and post it,  I'd love to see what you guys do.  You can add all sorts of embellishments to it.

Now I'm going to use my own instructions and make this bag for my sisters B-Day!  Have fun y'all!!!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2005 01:09:54 PM by Jenny777 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those who want things to happen, those that make things happen, and those who just wonder what the hell happened!
crochet hooker12
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005 10:26:51 AM »

Thats so cool. I think it's more basket-y than pursey. My friend has a chichen coop, and so I'm making her this for collecting eggs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mowing your lawn is against nature!" Rufus' response to Rev. Sheldon's comment about homosexuality being against nature
Jenny777

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005 11:27:12 AM »

Grin  Great Idea!  Your right,  more like a basket than a purse,  I call it a bag!  Hope you enjoy it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those who want things to happen, those that make things happen, and those who just wonder what the hell happened!
hannah15326
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005 12:01:43 PM »

i love this bag!
I just leant to crochet 2days ago from a free pull out from simply knitting magazine, (i can knit but i have always wanted to crochet!)  i finished my first little purse last night, i am going to have a go at this bag as i think that it is so nice.
For the handle is it just trebble crochet!?
thanks for the cute crochet bag pattern!!
Hannah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenny777

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005 12:22:42 PM »

Thanks Hanna,  it's really easy,  The handles are dc not tr.  When you finish I'd love to see pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Daisy
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005 05:52:32 PM »

urban outfitters has been selling this exact same bag. i looked at it and thought "i could totally make that", thanks for making it easier than ever for me to do so!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xXcherrie-lynnXx
aka Pink Kittie

Just Let Me Craft!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005 06:44:47 PM »

Smiley very nice
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eulalia

Diva-in-Training

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005 12:39:41 PM »

Wow, the Urban Outfitter's purse!! That's so cute. Great job!
Does anybody have any ideas on what yarn to use so that it's pretty stiff?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenny777

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005 03:25:09 PM »

If you want to make it stiff,  you can use Hemp, or Jute.  Or dip the finished purse in a mixture of water and clue,  shape and let dry.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

justxlove
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005 05:07:37 PM »

wow thats really pretty.
something i would deff not think of.
i love it. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Polymer Clay Christmas Tree Ornaments
How to Make a Rudolph Hand Puppet
How to Wrap Presents with Fabric
How to Make a Holiday Mouse
How to Knit a Pomp A Doodle Scarf
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...