A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Monster Pouch Swap GALLERY!  (Read 24315 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BirdBones
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2012 12:58:03 PM »

I second what everyone else wrote,the Frankenbags are awesome!  Grin
And I do stink at riddles too, I never would have thought of cars Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
camelama
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2012 02:02:07 PM »

What a great package! Love the big Frank and little Frank.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
Terracruz
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2012 02:27:05 PM »

I received my package from Annigirl22  today!
Gracie, Thanks so much!
Here is my little monster for my headphones! Fantastic color!

And look at these fantastic crochet hook reminders. I've wanted a set forever! I can't tell you how often I put down a 1/2 complete project & can't remember what hook I was using! I'm not bead worker so these are super special!

And here's a yummy turquoise headband!! My daughter stole it! Smiley

And here's all the loot!!

Thanks again Gracie! It was a pleasure swapping with you!
Terra
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terra
missmelmarie
I just want to make it all!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2012 02:53:55 PM »

Wow! Exciting packages:) I love them all. I haven't heard from my partner, but according to usps her package arrived yesterday. I had taken a few quick pictures before sendoff, but they came out cruddy since my battery wasn't charged and it was dying every few seconds. I'll post my package I sent probably a little later this evening. I was excited for the Hunger Games premier, but my local theater sold out in 5 minutes for their midnight show, so I missed that train, oh well hopefully tomorrow:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.pinterest.com/missmelmarie03

I would gladly participate in personal swaps
missmelmarie

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2012 04:24:15 PM »

http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p536/missmelmarie03/

Having some technical difficulties, but I hope this works.
This is the package I sent Leighi123. She said her and her son's favorite colors were orange and purple so I went with it. I mentioned before that my monster was turning into more animal than monster. Leighi123 had said her son liked to cart legos around, so I guess I would describe it as a mutant lego guard puppy. He's very puppy like. While supply shopping I had come across an Elmer's Paint-to-Go monster flip book! How cool! it came with monster outlines and paint-to-go paint that only paints on the book, hopefully handy since it's very portable. I wanted something sweet for Leigh, so I found adorable strawberry sewing pins... They're so cute I wish I could have gotten better pictures. She said she loves the ocean so I found some amazing sea-themed buttons that I hope inspire something incredible, which I am sure they will, she is super talented:)I shipped off a Maine postcard too, since I thought something state inspired would be fun, I also whipped up the monster card holder as a quick add-in. I really hope you enjoy Leighi123, this has been fun:)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mrs Shak
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2012 04:38:45 PM »

Great package missmelmarie! Your orange monster is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Funny, I don't remember being absentminded...

I need a skein (two would be great) of Knit Picks Gloss Bare sock weight to finish a shawl.

My Pinterest
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2012 04:51:42 PM »

Yes, MMM's package looks great! I love both of the monsters you created! The extras are really nice too.  I'm sure her son will love the orange lego guard puppy, it is sooo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
missmelmarie

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2012 05:05:53 PM »

Thank you Smiley I wanted to do a stuffie pouch, so that's what I ran with, the zipper's at the top, and the pouch surprisingly roomy. The attatchment of his head was a little difficult, but I got there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2012 05:14:07 PM »

Terra - what a great package - I love the color of your monster and those green eyes and the tiger-like stripes on top of her head!  Awesome!  Your extras are pretty cool too - pretty pretty crochet hook reminders - who would have thought to use beads to make those!  Those are really nice.

missmel - you sent a great package - I love your monster - it looks so cool - love that texture of the fabric you used - great extras too!

I am so relaxed tonight - I'm taking an evening off of sewing for my partner susan in the IYP swap - work has been crazy busy, and I'm kinda bushed tonight.  Also the adrenaline rush I had earlier when Mrs Shak got my package, has now worn off!   Smiley

I wanted to share with you the pattern I kinda tried to follow for Mr. D's Frankenmonster pouch - the pouch opens/closes with metal measuring tape in the top of the pouch - you may have seen these - I bought the pattern last spring or summer at a local quilt shop here in Topeka, Kansas, and get this, the pattern maker is in WISCONSIN - that's where Mrs Shak lives - we were destined to swap with one another!   Cheesy

Here's a pic of the pattern cover - these pouches are the best!  Little Frank was my first "Snap Happy" pouch, and I am definitely going to make more:

and here is my picture of the Little Frank monster pouch:

I didn't notice how off-center his little mouth was until now, but I kinda like it!  Little Frank has two prairie points (quilt term for fabric that is folded into a triangle) - you sew one prairie point to each side of the top band on the pouch - I made my prairie points black so they would blend in as part of Little Frank's hair - you pull on each side of the pouch, using the prairie points as little handles, and the metal measuring tape (the kind that contractors and carpenters use) opens, and then snaps shut when you let go - The metal measuring tape I used I bought at Dollar General for about 2 dollars.  When I got it home, I took the plastic case the measuring tape comes in apart (it was fastened together with a couple of screws) - BUT you have to be really careful, because that measuring tape could be a weapon in no time - it's tightly wound in there (so when using it as it was intended, it will retract into the case when you are finished measuring), anyway I took it apart and DE-sprung it, avoiding taking off my head, an arm or a foot as the sharp metal tape could easily go wild coming out of its case!  I then rolled it back up in the case, leaving the end out - it's easy to cut off the amount you need, leaving a little sticking out of the case so you don't lose the end of the tape in the case.  Is this all the way confusing, my, how I do go on.  ANYWAY, I cut the measuring tape ends I used in the pouch with scissors (that tape isn't very thick), and kind of rounded the ends, and then covered the rounded ends with duct tape so the metal wouldn't cut the fabric of the pouch top.  

Anywho - these pouches are super dooper easy to make, and Mr. D has the first one I ever made - tell him he's my wonderful test drive for the pouch, Mrs Shak!

I gotta go - I have more books to publish on other swap threads.  Cheesy LOL     Hope I haven't bored you silly with all this carrying on.  Thanks to everyone who left me very nice comments and compliments about my crafting on this swap.  I had a wonderful time and am looking forward to the next one with Leslieshappyheart and susanab - YOU TWO ARE AWESOME!  I know I tell you that all the time, but I don't want you to forget that I think so!!  

Tongue  fiddlegirl8 aka talky girl
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012 06:21:08 AM by fiddlegirl8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2012 07:19:41 PM »

Terracruz's package from Annigirl is amazing! What a cute little monster pouch! And the headband is beautiful...I love the color, and the knitting is perfect!  Beautiful crochet markers too...I can see how helpful those will be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
#CandidlyNicole Episode 6 Sneak Peek
How to Get Clear and Beautiful Skin
Beauty Blog We Love: Beauty By Lee
DIY Lemon Honey Mask
Adriana Lima Shares Her Workout Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...