A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: What's your favorite entry in Craft Challenge #73, Spring Cleaning?  (Voting closed: April 18, 2012 07:27:34 AM)
14 bits of junk into 3 Legged Pinch Tweezer Holder Bug - 14 (15.9%)
Beer Goggles and Top Hat - Steampunk'd with Beer Cans/Tabs!! - 15 (17%)
Decorative bird cage - 4 (4.5%)
denim cuffs for wrist and coffee - 4 (4.5%)
Derby knee sock mini skirt. - 7 (8%)
Galaxy Dress. - 30 (34.1%)
Horse hair into retro style western coat - 3 (3.4%)
Old Book in Den Drawer - 1 (1.1%)
Spoon holder recycled from a plastic insert that held 2 coffee cups. - 2 (2.3%)
The Idea Factory - 4 (4.5%)
Up-cycled orange star baubles embellished envelope organizer - 2 (2.3%)
Whimsy Collection Curio Box - Pic Obese - 2 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 88

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [FINISHED] Craft Challenge #73 - Spring Cleaning - Entries Due Apr 2 - Apr 9  (Read 42649 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2012 12:38:50 PM »

Craft Challenge #73 - Spring Cleaning - Entries Due Apr 2 - Apr 9

Winner Announced!

Our winning entry was created by flutterbysee!

Her entry titled, Galaxy Dress, is an amaazzzing transformation from a dress shes had tucked away in a drawer for 15 years!
Check out her winning entry here.

04/12/12 -- It's time to vote!

Scroll up to see the voting poll.  You must be logged in to vote.

04/02/12 -- It's time to enter!

To post your entry, please click NEW TOPIC on this board! Smiley  
Entries must be posted by Apr 9 11:59:59 PDT 2012

If you are a new member, and cannot post images yet, please just post a direct link to your image(s) in your post.  A friendly neighborhood Moderator will come along and update your post to embed the image(s) for you.

This year, astronomical spring begins Tuesday, March 20, 2012.  So for your challenge this month, it's your mission to get cleaning and sorting!  Find at least one unused item in a drawer of your home and repurpose and revamp it into something useable and awesome.  Instead of sending an item to waste, this is a great opportunity to revamp it into something fabulous!

Your main item must be an unused item from a drawer in your home, but you can use other supplies and objects in your project.  In your entry post, you must include at least one before and after photo.

Good luck and happy crafting!

Rules:

• Craft your project during this challenge period (Mar 5 2012 - Apr 9 2012) only.  Projects created before this timeframe will be excluded from the voting poll.
  • On Apr 2 2012 there will be a special folder created for entries.  Post your entry on the specified entry board during the period of Apr 2 to Apr 9 11:59:59 PDT 2012.  No sooner.  No later.
  • Voting will happen from Apr 10 - Apr 17 2012.
  • Enter only ONE project.  Your entry can have multiple components to it.
  • If cheating of any sort is detected, the said entry and votes will be disqualified.

Originality:

It's probably impossible to know whether your project is 100% original, has never been posted on Craftster, or made by anyone else in the past.  But if your project was definitely inspired by something you've seen before, please give credit to that project. Smiley

Prizes:

At the end, I'll set up a poll right here and the first place winner (US or non-US) will get:

(1) their project in the Featured Projects area
(2) their project in the Craftster Blog
(3) and a prize from us at Craftster.org -- any one item from one of Craftster's online shops!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012 04:30:25 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012 02:36:44 PM »

Awesome, sweets, and do you want tutorials along with before's and after? Step by step pics?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012 02:47:14 PM »

Awesome, sweets, and do you want tutorials along with before's and after? Step by step pics?

Not mandatory, but always appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012 06:44:35 PM »

And it must be from a drawer?  See I have this grotty chair that I saved from the top of a news paper pile at the recycling center I used to work at.  I don't think I can get it into a drawer though....and if I could, if would not work any more as a chair I think Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
ivoryh1632
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012 08:59:00 PM »

And it must be from a drawer?  See I have this grotty chair that I saved from the top of a news paper pile at the recycling center I used to work at.  I don't think I can get it into a drawer though....and if I could, if would not work any more as a chair I think Grin

I was just gonna ask the same question, I really don't keep things in drawers, especailly not craft items, everything's in boxes and bags.........and in a pile in the corner of my room  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012 10:54:15 PM »

And it must be from a drawer?  See I have this grotty chair that I saved from the top of a news paper pile at the recycling center I used to work at.  I don't think I can get it into a drawer though....and if I could, if would not work any more as a chair I think Grin

I was just gonna ask the same question, I really don't keep things in drawers, especially not craft items, everything's in boxes and bags.........and in a pile in the corner of my room  Tongue

That too! We just moved, so I think I only have.....*there should be a light bulb key on key boards...*I do have a few drawers that I think I can find an odd bit or two to work with...just had the chair thing in mind.....*cough*channels officially changed....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012 10:54:55 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012 05:20:07 AM »

Wonderful challenge idea! Always feel compelled to find uses for things instead of just throwing them out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blacksmith
Doing stuff and saving the world

Overlook near Brown Mountain

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012 05:25:35 AM »

Brilliant! Too bad I don't have any drawers in my house, how about I use a set of drawers for this project and make something of them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy.-Oscar Wilde

Available for personal swaps, send me a PM. I make crafty tools!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012 08:01:14 AM »

Your item must be from a drawer in your home. Smiley  Definitely no chairs for this challenge.  Put your thinking caps on and I'm sure you'll come up with something!  Just in the drawer in my kitchen, I have a cork screw, a few bottle caps and an old TV remote, all which we no longer use.

And it must be from a drawer?  See I have this grotty chair that I saved from the top of a news paper pile at the recycling center I used to work at.  I don't think I can get it into a drawer though....and if I could, if would not work any more as a chair I think Grin

I was just gonna ask the same question, I really don't keep things in drawers, especailly not craft items, everything's in boxes and bags.........and in a pile in the corner of my room  Tongue

Brilliant! Too bad I don't have any drawers in my house, how about I use a set of drawers for this project and make something of them?

Nothing in drawers at all?  Even thinking of dresser drawers, bathroom drawers or maybe office desk drawers?  Think beyond traditional craft items and I bet you'll find something!  An old t-shirt in a dresser drawer, an empty container in a bathroom drawer or maybe an old notepad in a desk drawer.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012 08:02:00 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012 08:16:04 AM »

Finally, something to do with all those single socks in the sock drawer!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onion
How to Cook Kung Pao
How to Cook Homemade Sashimi Using Crab and Sea Bream
How to Make a Tasty Sashimi - Salmon, Tuna and Yellowtail
How to Make Your Own Dashi
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...