A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: What's your favorite entry in Craft Challenge #73, Spring Cleaning?  (Voting closed: April 18, 2012 07:27:34 AM)
14 bits of junk into 3 Legged Pinch Tweezer Holder Bug - 14 (15.9%)
Beer Goggles and Top Hat - Steampunk'd with Beer Cans/Tabs!! - 15 (17%)
Decorative bird cage - 4 (4.5%)
denim cuffs for wrist and coffee - 4 (4.5%)
Derby knee sock mini skirt. - 7 (8%)
Galaxy Dress. - 30 (34.1%)
Horse hair into retro style western coat - 3 (3.4%)
Old Book in Den Drawer - 1 (1.1%)
Spoon holder recycled from a plastic insert that held 2 coffee cups. - 2 (2.3%)
The Idea Factory - 4 (4.5%)
Up-cycled orange star baubles embellished envelope organizer - 2 (2.3%)
Whimsy Collection Curio Box - Pic Obese - 2 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 88

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [FINISHED] Craft Challenge #73 - Spring Cleaning - Entries Due Apr 2 - Apr 9  (Read 42448 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2012 12:38:50 PM »

Craft Challenge #73 - Spring Cleaning - Entries Due Apr 2 - Apr 9

Winner Announced!

Our winning entry was created by flutterbysee!

Her entry titled, Galaxy Dress, is an amaazzzing transformation from a dress shes had tucked away in a drawer for 15 years!
Check out her winning entry here.

04/12/12 -- It's time to vote!

Scroll up to see the voting poll.  You must be logged in to vote.

04/02/12 -- It's time to enter!

To post your entry, please click NEW TOPIC on this board! Smiley  
Entries must be posted by Apr 9 11:59:59 PDT 2012

If you are a new member, and cannot post images yet, please just post a direct link to your image(s) in your post.  A friendly neighborhood Moderator will come along and update your post to embed the image(s) for you.

This year, astronomical spring begins Tuesday, March 20, 2012.  So for your challenge this month, it's your mission to get cleaning and sorting!  Find at least one unused item in a drawer of your home and repurpose and revamp it into something useable and awesome.  Instead of sending an item to waste, this is a great opportunity to revamp it into something fabulous!

Your main item must be an unused item from a drawer in your home, but you can use other supplies and objects in your project.  In your entry post, you must include at least one before and after photo.

Good luck and happy crafting!

Rules:

• Craft your project during this challenge period (Mar 5 2012 - Apr 9 2012) only.  Projects created before this timeframe will be excluded from the voting poll.
  • On Apr 2 2012 there will be a special folder created for entries.  Post your entry on the specified entry board during the period of Apr 2 to Apr 9 11:59:59 PDT 2012.  No sooner.  No later.
  • Voting will happen from Apr 10 - Apr 17 2012.
  • Enter only ONE project.  Your entry can have multiple components to it.
  • If cheating of any sort is detected, the said entry and votes will be disqualified.

Originality:

It's probably impossible to know whether your project is 100% original, has never been posted on Craftster, or made by anyone else in the past.  But if your project was definitely inspired by something you've seen before, please give credit to that project. Smiley

Prizes:

At the end, I'll set up a poll right here and the first place winner (US or non-US) will get:

(1) their project in the Featured Projects area
(2) their project in the Craftster Blog
(3) and a prize from us at Craftster.org -- any one item from one of Craftster's online shops!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012 04:30:25 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012 02:36:44 PM »

Awesome, sweets, and do you want tutorials along with before's and after? Step by step pics?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012 02:47:14 PM »

Awesome, sweets, and do you want tutorials along with before's and after? Step by step pics?

Not mandatory, but always appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012 06:44:35 PM »

And it must be from a drawer?  See I have this grotty chair that I saved from the top of a news paper pile at the recycling center I used to work at.  I don't think I can get it into a drawer though....and if I could, if would not work any more as a chair I think Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
ivoryh1632
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012 08:59:00 PM »

And it must be from a drawer?  See I have this grotty chair that I saved from the top of a news paper pile at the recycling center I used to work at.  I don't think I can get it into a drawer though....and if I could, if would not work any more as a chair I think Grin

I was just gonna ask the same question, I really don't keep things in drawers, especailly not craft items, everything's in boxes and bags.........and in a pile in the corner of my room  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012 10:54:15 PM »

And it must be from a drawer?  See I have this grotty chair that I saved from the top of a news paper pile at the recycling center I used to work at.  I don't think I can get it into a drawer though....and if I could, if would not work any more as a chair I think Grin

I was just gonna ask the same question, I really don't keep things in drawers, especially not craft items, everything's in boxes and bags.........and in a pile in the corner of my room  Tongue

That too! We just moved, so I think I only have.....*there should be a light bulb key on key boards...*I do have a few drawers that I think I can find an odd bit or two to work with...just had the chair thing in mind.....*cough*channels officially changed....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012 10:54:55 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012 05:20:07 AM »

Wonderful challenge idea! Always feel compelled to find uses for things instead of just throwing them out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blacksmith
Doing stuff and saving the world

Overlook near Brown Mountain

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012 05:25:35 AM »

Brilliant! Too bad I don't have any drawers in my house, how about I use a set of drawers for this project and make something of them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy.-Oscar Wilde

Available for personal swaps, send me a PM. I make crafty tools!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012 08:01:14 AM »

Your item must be from a drawer in your home. Smiley  Definitely no chairs for this challenge.  Put your thinking caps on and I'm sure you'll come up with something!  Just in the drawer in my kitchen, I have a cork screw, a few bottle caps and an old TV remote, all which we no longer use.

And it must be from a drawer?  See I have this grotty chair that I saved from the top of a news paper pile at the recycling center I used to work at.  I don't think I can get it into a drawer though....and if I could, if would not work any more as a chair I think Grin

I was just gonna ask the same question, I really don't keep things in drawers, especailly not craft items, everything's in boxes and bags.........and in a pile in the corner of my room  Tongue

Brilliant! Too bad I don't have any drawers in my house, how about I use a set of drawers for this project and make something of them?

Nothing in drawers at all?  Even thinking of dresser drawers, bathroom drawers or maybe office desk drawers?  Think beyond traditional craft items and I bet you'll find something!  An old t-shirt in a dresser drawer, an empty container in a bathroom drawer or maybe an old notepad in a desk drawer.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012 08:02:00 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012 08:16:04 AM »

Finally, something to do with all those single socks in the sock drawer!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012 08:16:22 AM »

Ohhh! There are loads of repurposed t-shirt projects that I've seen and admired. Gosh knows I have ton of old shirts in drawers. Also, I've always wanted to try sweater felting and Mr Lime has a few old wooly sweaters hiding in the bottom drawers that he wouldn't miss Smiley.

Hmmm, I also have a junk drawer in the kitchen that's filled with matchboxes, old electrical crap, tape and all kinds of wacky stuff. There might be some possibilities in there.

OHHHH our bar/poker table has tons of old cards and chips and dice and board game pieces.

Too many ideas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012 08:16:54 AM »

In one of my junk drawers I have some old washers, mismatching screws, a few orphan playing cards, some dice, a couple cloth napkins that I lost the matches to, binder clips, paint brushes, foam brushes, notepads. There's all kinds of stuff I can do with any of this! Cheesy  I mean, that's just the one junk drawer (have a couple more junk drawers), not even looking in the craft rooms' messy drawers or clothing junk drawers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012 08:28:38 AM »

My kitchen junk drawer is like a D&D bag of holding.  It has way more stuff in there than you'd think would fit!  I wonder if we've got odd pieces of silverware that could be repurposed.  Hmmmm....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012 08:40:53 AM »

Oooh, I love the brainstorming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012 09:16:51 AM »

I've got a nice deep junk drawer that I'm sure will yield up some wonderful item, but I can't help but wish I could look for supplies at my sister's house. She has a "Junk Drawer" and "JD, Jr." Who knows what I could find there?  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
suereal

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012 10:25:46 AM »

We moved a bit ago, so what would be in my drawers *blushing slightly* is still in boxes.  BUT I finaly remembered that I have some drawers that have not been emptied.  I am sure I can find something in one of them Grin  Now I just have to remember to take a pic of the drawer...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dogl0v3r
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012 12:58:44 PM »

I have lots of underbed storage boxes, can I root through those as well as my drawers for craftster inspiration?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
ivoryh1632
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012 01:08:40 PM »

Oh how I wish my bathroom had drawers. I'm living with my mom right now so kitchen drawers are off limits to me, often times even when it comes to cooking   Cry and I don't even have a dresser in my tiny room.

But..........

I have a sister with a 3 bedroom house all to herself and I know for a fact that she's just bought a ton of those 3 drawer organizers and she never throws anything away, so I'll have to start rumaging next time I'm over there and see if inspiration strikes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012 01:14:35 PM »

I have lots of underbed storage boxes, can I root through those as well as my drawers for craftster inspiration?

Nope!  Stick to drawer rummaging for this challenge.

Oh how I wish my bathroom had drawers. I'm living with my mom right now so kitchen drawers are off limits to me, often times even when it comes to cooking   Cry and I don't even have a dresser in my tiny room.

But..........

I have a sister with a 3 bedroom house all to herself and I know for a fact that she's just bought a ton of those 3 drawer organizers and she never throws anything away, so I'll have to start rumaging next time I'm over there and see if inspiration strikes.

Maybe if you offered to help her sort and clean some of the drawers for spring, she'd throw you some of the extra bits and bobs.  Or just steal a fork. Grin*

Maybe there is something in a bathroom drawer you could revamp?  Unused comb, cotton balls, empty lotion container?

*Craftster does not condone theft. Cheesy

We moved a bit ago, so what would be in my drawers *blushing slightly* is still in boxes.  BUT I finaly remembered that I have some drawers that have not been emptied.  I am sure I can find something in one of them Grin  Now I just have to remember to take a pic of the drawer...

Oh!  Just take a photo of your item before and after.  You don't need to photograph the drawer, unless you want to, of course. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012 01:36:01 PM »

Maybe if you offered to help her sort and clean some of the drawers for spring, she'd throw you some of the extra bits and bobs.  Or just steal a fork. Grin*

Maybe there is something in a bathroom drawer you could revamp?  Unused comb, cotton balls, empty lotion container?

*Craftster does not condone theft. Cheesy

Haha, yeah there's no way I'm helping her clean that place, last time I saw that spare room it was bordering on hoarder status lol. But she knows I do all kinds of crazy stuff in swaps and whatnot so if I just grab something and go "I'm taking this......its a for a Craftster thing" I'm sure she'll just roll her eyes and say ok  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn
Sewing in General Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012 02:09:39 PM »

Ooh, this is terrific!  I'm trying to think of what I have in the drawers in my house...I've got a ton of old clothes that never get worn in my dresser, I think I've got an old night light in the bathroom drawer, along with some old makeup containers and brushes, and I've got two drawers in my kitchen that hold, in theory, "utensils" (read: all the random stuff my MIL doesn't want anymore and so gives to us) and "dish towels" (read: any random stuff I find on the counters that I don't want left on the counters).  I think there's currently a set of take out menus, some old rifle bullets (we don't even have a gun!), and some plastic containers in that one.  Not a towel in sight.  Wink  Those are in the *other* towel drawer.  I'm sure I can dig up something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012 06:20:35 AM »

In the bathroom our drawers (TWSS!) have all manner of stuff. Old perfume bottles, hair accessories, costume jewelry and probably enough old/failed make-up to cover all women. Hmm..I know there is a project in there somewhere.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn
Sewing in General Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012 07:06:55 AM »

Oh, I completely forgot about DH's desk drawer!  The drawer where old desk toys go to die...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012 07:33:00 AM »

In the bathroom our drawers (TWSS!) have all manner of stuff. Old perfume bottles, hair accessories, costume jewelry and probably enough old/failed make-up to cover all women. Hmm..I know there is a project in there somewhere.  Smiley

Ahhh, costume jewelry and perfume bottles!  The possibilities are endless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loukr
Tutorial Contributor

Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle . .

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012 09:38:47 AM »

I think the crafting gods are on my side.. I have loads of junk in my drawers that I'm sure can be re-loved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tutorials, features, bloggyness http://www.dearestjackdaw.com/

Do you have an ever increasing pile of scraps waiting for the perfect project? Why not join in our Altered Fashions sew-along! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=354356.0
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012 11:50:43 AM »

this ought to be fun!  i've got lots of drawers full of crap.  and some that are full of useful stuff that no longer gets used! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nobodyhasthisoneyet
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012 03:37:55 AM »

Oh sweet Lord, you've reminded me of the Thing.  This creepy little sucker has followed me through several inter-city moves, even though every time I've been sure I threw it out...

I'm not sure whether to craft with it, or perform an exorcism...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer online regularly - if you need to contact me, try tweeting @artsieaspie.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012 07:21:40 AM »

Cheesy That's awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012 08:23:14 AM »

Oh sweet Lord, you've reminded me of the Thing.  This creepy little sucker has followed me through several inter-city moves, even though every time I've been sure I threw it out...

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/136093_08Mar12_DSC08764.JPG[/img]

I'm not sure whether to craft with it, or perform an exorcism...

I think you better do something with it before you make it angry. Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012 08:39:06 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012 04:12:03 PM »

Can said item be a drawer rather then something from inside a drawer? (Long story!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
Naantje
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012 09:50:07 AM »

I just whipped up a 10-15 min craft from something sourced from 3 different drawers in my house - A Ribba shaddow box and a ring with chunky rusty keys from my drawer of loose odds-and-ends that are too cool to throw away, a left-over piece of our curtain fabric from my scrap-fabric drawer, and six screw-in hooks from my drawer of tools, nails and screws. (We have 22 drawers in the house, and another 8 in our shed. Plenty of resources!) Thing is: I forgot to take a picture of the stuff before putting it together! Is it still eligible or not?

If not: well, at least I don't have to wait another 24 days to post my craft to the boards. That's kind of frustrating me right now, I've made a couple of crafted items, this one, and some for a swap, and I'm a very impatient person so waiting to post until the deadline/it's received is kind of hard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
suereal

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012 10:01:59 AM »

I just whipped up a 10-15 min craft from something sourced from 3 different drawers in my house - A Ribba shaddow box and a ring with chunky rusty keys from my drawer of loose odds-and-ends that are too cool to throw away, a left-over piece of our curtain fabric from my scrap-fabric drawer, and six screw-in hooks from my drawer of tools, nails and screws. (We have 22 drawers in the house, and another 8 in our shed. Plenty of resources!) Thing is: I forgot to take a picture of the stuff before putting it together! Is it still eligible or not?

If not: well, at least I don't have to wait another 24 days to post my craft to the boards. That's kind of frustrating me right now, I've made a couple of crafted items, this one, and some for a swap, and I'm a very impatient person so waiting to post until the deadline/it's received is kind of hard!

I don't think you have to have a before pic. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012 11:16:01 AM »

Your main item must be an unused item from a drawer in your home, but you can use other supplies and objects in your project.  In your entry post, you must include at least one before and after photo.

You do have to include at least one before and after photo.  I'm sorry! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012 11:17:34 AM »

Can said item be a drawer rather then something from inside a drawer? (Long story!)

Your main item must be an unused item from a drawer in your home, but you can use other supplies and objects in your project.  In your entry post, you must include at least one before and after photo.

For this challenge, it has to be something from within a drawer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2012 11:57:59 AM »

No biggie, I thought this would be the case. Anyway, my drawers are still filled up quite nicely, time enough to craft something else from their contents! This is what I would have entered if I hadn't been such a goof up: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=405369.0 Probably not nearly awesome enough to win the challenge anyway, so I'll try to make something nicer Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
suereal

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2012 01:09:20 PM »

Oops sorry.  I thought I was told earlyer in the forum that I didn't have to take a before...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012 01:26:54 PM »

Oops sorry.  I thought I was told earlyer in the forum that I didn't have to take a before...

No problem!  If it was my reply, I said you don't have to take a photo of the drawer itself.  You do have to take a before & after picture of the item, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012 02:02:36 PM »

No problem!  If it was my reply, I said you don't have to take a photo of the drawer itself.  You do have to take a before & after picture of the item, though.

Ahh! I see now Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012 06:13:59 PM »

For this challenge, it has to be something from within a drawer.

What if she manages to get that drawer into another to pull it out? Would that still count?

I might want to participate in this one, but we'll see where the months leads. I already have 2 claims envisioned for the OPS that I won't let myself claim until my other swap goes out the door. One thing at a time...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
J_Kieviet

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012 06:55:00 PM »

I hope those plastic drawer units count, if so this challenge might get me into gear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
aliis
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012 12:59:57 PM »

I just remembered that in our summerhouse are drawers full of treasures from several generations hibernating and waiting for me... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Road goes ever ever on...
Raylei
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2012 08:58:48 AM »

Life has gotten a little crazy, I need some processing time to deal with things, this may be the perfect thing to get my active mind out of things that need to process in the background, time to search my drawers, and help with spring cleaning too! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fancybutch

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012 08:06:58 PM »

What an excellent challenge!  This will push me to do a very different kind of craft than I'm used to, and that's cool.  maybe I'll do a little scene in a box with jewelry castoffs, or sew my first sock monster ever!  I don't really sew but sometimes I forget that lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
suereal

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012 06:13:13 PM »

I had a bit of free time, so I started rooting around in a draw and low and behold, I'm nearly finished with my entry.  The hard part is waiting to post now Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hazelhoneylove
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2012 10:19:44 PM »

Excited to start this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft a little everyday.

www.hazelhoney.etsy.com
tyney123
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2012 02:12:15 AM »

Finished it over the weekend just gone, safe to say I'm super excited/happy/pleased/ecstatic with this project. Thanks for making me look in my craft room drawers, I've also started a couple other projects that I've been meaning to do as well!
Can't wait to upload them Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012 12:15:53 PM »

04/02/12 -- It's time to enter!

To post your entry, please click NEW TOPIC on this board! Smiley  
Entries must be posted by Apr 9 11:59:59 PDT 2012

If you are a new member, and cannot post images yet, please just post a direct link to your image(s) in your post.  A friendly neighborhood Moderator will come along and update your post to embed the image(s) for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2012 05:59:21 AM »

04/12/12 -- It's time to vote!

Scroll up to see the voting poll.  You must be logged in to vote.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012 04:30:10 AM »

Winner Announced!

Our winning entry was created by flutterbysee!

Her entry titled, Galaxy Dress, is an amaazzzing transformation from a dress shes had tucked away in a drawer for 15 years!
Check out her winning entry here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Think Like a Star with This Celeb Inspired Makeup Look
A Natural Static Killer
How to Do a Halo Braid on Short Hair
Graphic Eyeliner at the Custo Barcelona Spring 2014 Show
Perfect Red Lips at the Monique Lhuillier Spring 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...