A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Long wallet  (Read 57697 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ITZA
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2006 08:32:31 AM »

Ohhhh - thank you , thank you,  thank you....
I'll wait as long as it takes. 

Did I say Thank You!  For reposting this?  :-)

Deb
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TalkAboutLush
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2006 08:50:00 PM »

I've been looking for a long wallet tutorial...but I can't see the pictures...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ITZA
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2006 08:08:29 PM »

The reason you can't see pics or tutorial is because it is no longer availabe.

BUT....keep an eye on this thread.  The lady that made the wallet indicated she would re-post the pictures & tutorial for those of us that missed it the first time.

Don't give up on this.  She'll get to it as soon as she can, so stay on the alert, ok?  ok!

Deb
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yatta
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2006 10:05:32 AM »

Posted! look at the first post!

Jeaneen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thanks all!

Yatta. | handmade small goods
http://www.yattabags.com

"When I grow up I wanna be a Yorkie farmer"
-------------------------------------------------
ITZA
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2006 11:19:44 AM »

Thank You SO Much !

I have printed it off and before the weekend is over I will have myself a new wallet.  I am so excited.  I have about 5 different fabrics laid out for this project.  Now I have the pattern & instructions - I have to make a decision as to which fabric I am going to use.

This is so neat.  Thank you so much.  I appreciate your effort, talent and time in posting this for all of us who missed it the first time.

Deb
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plaidgiraffe
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2006 09:42:08 AM »

Here are a couple of pictures of my attempt at the long wallet.  I didn't use any interfacing, but will when I make my next one.  I think that I need to adjust the size a little bit in order to fit cards properly in it, but I'm pleased with my first effort. 

here's the inside.  I rearranged the pockets a bit, and I think that I may handsew a zipper or velcro to close one of the two large pockets. 

I probably should have attached this to the lining but forgot, and so it's become a pocket.  I don't know how well flannel will hold up as a lining fabric, but I like the look and feel of it. 

Thank you very much for posting the pattern & instructions.  I had the idea of trying to make a wallet floating around in my head since I made a large hobo-type bag that matches, but I wasn't sure how to go about it from the start.  I have a few changes that I'd like to make to my next attempt, but this was a fantastic beginning. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ITZA
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2006 10:33:32 AM »

Your wallet of corduroy and flannel will last forever.  Both are durable fabrics.  Just think how long a pair of corduroy jeans last and how long your favorite flannel nightgown or bathrobe has been around. 

I think you are right on with tyring to secure those large pockets with a zipper or velcro.  Maybe velcro on this one because it's already finished and the zipper on the next one - just a thought.

Nice work and love your tinkerbell fabric.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
plaidgiraffe
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2006 04:19:44 PM »

Your wallet of corduroy and flannel will last forever.  Both are durable fabrics.  Just think how long a pair of corduroy jeans last and how long your favorite flannel nightgown or bathrobe has been around. 

I think you are right on with tyring to secure those large pockets with a zipper or velcro.  Maybe velcro on this one because it's already finished and the zipper on the next one - just a thought.

Nice work and love your tinkerbell fabric.

thank you itza...I think that I'm going to handsew along the top pocket (that should have been 2 more card pockets but I didn't sew through all of the layers properly...I'm happy with the bottom pocket being open to hold bills, and I'm sure that the next one I make will turn out even better.
I found my fabric at fabricville...they also had flannel the same as the poodle and eiffel tower purse that is posted here.   

THIS ROCKS   Logged
KittyKurl
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2006 10:40:20 PM »

I love this wallet! I have been looking for a tut for a wallet like this.. and here it is! It's so cute, and the flower just adds to it.. it's adorable! Just a question though, is there a coin purse/holder in the middle section there? Or is the just more pockets? I can't really tell...
Great job! you rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
Fabric Wists
Norahsmom
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2006 07:37:58 PM »

I found your tutorial yesterday and this afternoon I made a wallet to go along with the purse I made for my best friend's 50th birthday.  I can't believe how easy your tutorial was, and I plan to make lots more!  Thank you SO much!

The shiny rectangular thing is just glare from my label.  In real life it is black with white print.

I love how it turned out and thanks again for sharing your great tutorial!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006 07:57:49 PM by Norahsmom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Museum Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Manual Focus Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Manual Mode
Canon A610/A620: Set Landscape Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Kids/Pets Function
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...