A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,646
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Long wallet  (Read 57430 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

Get up, dress up, show up, and don't give up.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2006 12:22:45 PM »

I have a question... or maybe i'm just kinda slow...

instructions:
1) Fold this in half and sew outer bottom edge then turn inside out (like purse handle)

but what exactly is "this"

THIS ROCKS   Logged

maliboo_barbie
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2006 03:31:26 PM »

I have a question... or maybe i'm just kinda slow...

instructions:
1) Fold this in half and sew outer bottom edge then turn inside out (like purse handle)

but what exactly is "this"
When you sew your own purse handles, instead of buying them, you have to sew them inside out most of the time.  Turning them inside out is a similar process as turning a pillowcase right side out.  Sure, a bag strap is way skinnier, but that is the simplest way I can think to explain.  Hope this helps you!  I have ADD like you wouldn't believe, so lots of times I have to spend time thinking about the assembly or whether I'm sewing on the correct side.  LOL I sometimes goof, but mostly taking time works best. Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006 03:34:29 PM by maliboo_barbie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nobody puts Sparky in a corner
spunkyPOPmonkey
Why so blue panda bear?

Get up, dress up, show up, and don't give up.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2006 12:06:56 PM »

Sorry if i wasn't clear, I understand the sewing and turning inside out.

But it gives you the pattern pieces then the first instruction is "Fold this in half and sew outer bottom edge then turn inside out (like purse handle)"

ok... what is "this"? what are we folding in half and sewing?
That may make me sound blonde, but after alot of looking and guessing, i guess it is talking about the pieces for the card slots.
and i made this wallet but the dimensions on it are not wide enough to hold the cards side by side horizontally in total i was about an inch short and i typically use very little seam allowance. so if you plan on making this i would add an inch or so to the width of the wallet (more if you use more than 1/4" seam allowance)... or was the pattern intended for there to be two vertical card slots? in that case why are we folding in half and sewing? it makes it to shallow the cards fall right out... i think this pattern definatly needs adjustments.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006 11:43:32 PM by spunkyPOPmonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

green pea
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2006 08:28:59 PM »

Sorry is i wasn't clear, I understand the sewing and turning inside out.

But it gives you the pattern pieces then the first instruction is "Fold this in half and sew outer bottom edge then turn inside out (like purse handle)"

ok... what is "this"? what are we folding in half and sewing?
That may make me sound blonde, but after alot of looking and guessing, i guess it is talking about the pieces for the card slots. and i made this but the dimensions on it are not wide enough to hold the cards side by side horizontally. so if you plan on making this i would add an inch or so to the width of the wallet (more if you use more than 1/4 seam allowance)

i was wondering the same thing!! what is a 'this'?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
_chittybangbang
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2006 03:53:06 PM »

I'm wondering the same thing... Anyone know?!?!?!?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

antixsdesigns
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2006 07:29:36 PM »

Hi everyone -

My first post so I thought I would add my own version of the long wallet. I made one today based on this tutorial (THANKS!!!) and modified it a bit. I think for my next one I will make it a little longer and add a zipper pocket on the outside for change.

Here it is:

the back

I put the money pocket on the bottom and made two pockets in the middle section. The back is a vertical card holder pocket with 3 sections. These are made to hold business cards and not credit cards. I could have done that too but only had two sections with this length. You could also use the pocket over the biz cards as a money pocket or for receipts or whatever! I have my drivers license and such in mine.

This was fun and I plan to make more with some changes!!  Thanks for all the great tutorials!! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-------------------
Shelby Logsdon
Tia Cherry
mmm... craftalishous

A day without craft is like... Boring!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2006 12:52:24 AM »

HOLY CRAP i love this, i havent made a bag or purse in ages.. but this has inspired me... AWESOME!!!! and a tute Smiley hehe wonderful
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would love to do a personal swap, Ill swap a stenciled shirt, tote or other item of clothing for something cute and crafty, hehe Smiley Just PM me.
Queen of the Savages
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2007 02:28:53 PM »

I made a wallet like this.  Grin
I love the design! It's so elegant.

BUT: I found it really difficult following instructions. If I hadn't made I different style wallet, I would have given up. I cut the shapes, then did it my own way.
Also, the measurements didn't work for me. I had to make it a tad wider for cards to fit in.

The wallets are gorgeous though, I am really happy with mine and my sister has requested one too!

EDIT: the lining has tiny keys, and the outside is corduroy.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007 02:31:24 PM by Queen of the Savages » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yatta
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2007 03:25:29 PM »

Thanks for the feedback -- I'll be sure to make changes soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thanks all!

Yatta. | handmade small goods
http://www.yattabags.com

"When I grow up I wanna be a Yorkie farmer"
-------------------------------------------------
jolthind
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2007 04:07:02 PM »

I made one of these, ill try and post pictures soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Easy Cajun Cornbread
How to Make And Use Cajun Seasoning
How to Make the Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese
Fried Jambalaya: The New Heart Attack on a Stick
How to Make Your Own Hot Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...