A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Roun 34 - Ostara Traditions GALLERY  (Read 9466 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2012 09:02:28 PM »

Blown-out shell made it to Wales? That's very awesome.
The egg is so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Quasior
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2012 11:44:53 PM »

I am a little worried - not that you didn't send - that Aus Post are being bleepers and decided something wasn't kosher  Huh  They don't like seeds/plant stuff being sent from overseas they are incredibly anal at times!  I'm sure it will get here but as always is going to take time, it seems to cost more and take longer for us to get our packages than it does on the other end.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
holistic knitter
Current Swaps:

Peace comes from within

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2012 06:59:40 PM »

Thanks wulf for posting pics - I loved all the stuff you sent me - the egg is so beautifully painted and the hare fabric basket is delightful ;0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mini 12 Days of Christmas Swap 2014 - Crafting
Mabon Swap - sent
Vintage Halloween Swap - crafting
Samhain swap - crafting

http://craftywelshwoman.blogspot.co.uk/p/info-for-swap-partners.html
http://pinterest.com/lynda_dykstra/
Quasior
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2012 05:18:38 AM »

Hey I am sooo very overwhelmed by Sugarsandwitches amazing package I don't know where to begin!
Might have taken the postie forever to bring it, but it was worth the wait, AMAZING!!!!

Trying to upload all these pics!  Might have to do two posts.  One of more detail in the morning, because I need more photos of the Dante wearing the beautiful necklace Aengus made for him out of his favourite tiger shark tooth!

Firstly, it arrived, Sugar, how much did this cost to send??? In Australia that would have been a LOT of $$$ to send!

Looks intact!
The first glimpse of the treasures inside!

The beautiful flower card holds a message and a detailed list/instructions for everything in the package (but it missed out the extra gifts, which was so many things hiding in there!

This is a prepared and painted gourd!  I can only guess its a vegetable but it is beautifully made and decorated!  The contents will be detailed in tomorrows post.  It has a HINGED door on it SQUEE!

Cooking pans!  So cute... oh and Sugar - they are still on time, about 6 months early, I am looking forward to Ostara this year !!!!

and blessing eggs!  They come with a warning - of messiness.  I do need to ask, will these be cool to wait out the six months or should we use them now??

I am saving the rest for future post/s... but a sneak look at Dante's swap package from Aengus.

I am floating right now, so awed!  There is so many things to share!  Thanks so much Sugarsandwitch!!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012 02:55:32 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: to remove photo with address on for privacy reasons :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quasior
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2012 07:27:25 PM »

Dante and Aengus had a great time swapping!  This is the package to Dante from Aengus!

The Golden Box (From Aengus to Dante):

Opening to find:

Dante modeling the beautiful shark tooth necklace:

More detail:

Another post is coming soon  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quasior
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2012 08:54:12 PM »

Still got more to post!

Well, lets start with that awesome painted gourd!
Inside the gourd (What wonders are inside?):

Here is the painted scarf (which I will be using as an altar cloth!):

And seeds and pot! So lucky they are Burning Love - I've never heard of them before.  I had heliotrope sent to me from the US once... they are illegal.  Don't know what the status of these are, but I grow them anyway because they are beautiful! (and a few cute froggies etc):

and some lovely little gems in the bottom shaped like butterflies/dragonflies/lady bugs, you know all those gorgeous sweet bugs that come out in Spring?:

A painted picture from Aengus:

And this sweet wreath:

There is a bunny, incense, stickers too, but as I said before so many things that its just overwhelming.  The incense is patcholi and that has good memories for me connection with nature!

You totally spoiled me Steph!  I feel like the luckiest swap recipient ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012 11:27:55 PM »

any chance of a "start me on my journey" type WWP swap in the future...for newbs?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2012 03:38:16 AM »

any chance of a "start me on my journey" type WWP swap in the future...for newbs?

Most of the WWP swaps could be like that, you could just state that in your questionaire Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarsandwitch
I am not bad... I prefer Mischievously Creative.

here I are!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2012 06:14:57 AM »

Quasior- Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I lost my internet at home. The eggs should be fine to wait if you want. they were rinsed out and dried entirely before I did anything with them. I do need to warn you though; I made some of these for my family and they are harder to break than I thought they would be. You can break them, but it takes a little effort. I think it is the paint; i am going to dye them next year and see if it works better. we really enjoyed them, and we are still trying to get glitter out of our hair. Smiley I am so happy you and Dante liked everything. We had a blast making it.Cheesy

oh, there should be a wooden egg in there that can sit in the wreath. I just wanted to make sur it was in there. Smiley this was an awesome swap. Thanks for being a great partner and thanks to Wulf for organizing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing! ~Monty Python
Quasior
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2012 03:58:43 PM »

There is a wooden egg of the goddess thank you!  Here it is:

So it's meant to be the centre of the wreath?  Cool.

And a big thanks to both you and Aengus, this was fantastic and we enjoyed it so much too!  Thanks Wulf too!

I like the idea of a beginner WWP swap and including the children too, Aengus and Dante have made good friends through this - which is wonderful, Dante has already written a letter for Aengus, and so the friendship continues... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Much Zoom Do I Need?
What is the Aspect Ratio setting on a Digital Cam?
In choosing a Digital Camera do Megapixels matter?
High Resolution Photography Part 3
How to Use a Tripod
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...