A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Roun 34 - Ostara Traditions GALLERY  (Read 8989 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012 06:45:33 PM »

Oops! Thanks everyone for keeping an eye on it. I just realized I'd forgotten to update my own status too!

There are still several people who have received but not posted photos here in the gallery. Can you do so very soon, please? We're all eager to see!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarsandwitch
I am not bad... I prefer Mischievously Creative.

here I are!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012 02:27:26 PM »

Okay, I recieved my awesomeness from Quasior today! I hope US customs enjoyed some of the chocolate that they undoubtably took. Obviously canvas, paint, paperclay, and plastic are a possible threat to our security. Ugh. Anywaaay, here is what I recieved today....

this was all that was holding the box closed

This is a group shot of all of the goodies. Smiley I LOVEthe painting, her headpiece, the bunny, and the flower at the bottom are added to the canvas. the dugong that her son made my son is great and he loves it. Smiley A candle with a spell (I bet customs loved that:)a totally cute yarn wrapped egg. Yummy Chocolate, a bit of homemade sunshine, a great twosided bunny.

the Awesome Dugong

I wish I had a better pic of this, it is amazing!

Super cool felt bunny

Thank you soooo much Quasior! Aengus and I both loved the package.  hopefully you will get yours in the next day or so.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012 02:42:22 PM by sugarsandwitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing! ~Monty Python
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012 04:24:52 PM »

Okay you two, you have to tell us the story of the dugong. Do you even have dugongs on your side of the planet, Quasior? Your son is right, SSW, he is awesome.

It's sad that your package had to be opened and fondled by US Customs. I wonder how many days that added to the delivery time. But at least it made it through in spite of the inadequate repacking. Really it's a wonder it doesn't happen more often.

Quasior, do you have a better picture of that painting? It looks really interesting.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2012 06:51:54 PM »

This is a very lovely package Smiley I love the idea of wrapping an egg with yarn, must remember it next year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
sugarsandwitch
I am not bad... I prefer Mischievously Creative.

here I are!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012 07:22:33 PM »

As for the dugong, Quasior noticed that we both have 10 yr old boysand brought up the idea of the boys swapping as well. Dante and Aengus thought it would be cool so they did. My loves marine life. when I told him my partner was in Australia I got a lecture on reef sharks, great whites, and the injustice of the fact dugongs are not protected the way manatees are here. I had to explain about the number of dugongs there compaired to manatees here. I mentioned it to Quasior, and that is what her son made. Smiley it already has it's own space on my son's desk, right next to his anatomicaly correct (mostly) Great White shark model.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are no longer the knights who say ni! We are now the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing! ~Monty Python
Quasior
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012 07:40:07 PM »

Naughty Naughty Customs!  There was a WHOLE bag of chocolate eggs in there!  That looks like less than half what I sent  Angry  But I am really really happy all the other bits arrived unbroken, I was worried about that!  Did they also remove the air pocket thingies?  The flowers are scented too, hopefully not too much glue overpowering the scent!  I'll post some piccies so it's a bit clearer.

godess Ostara receiving gifts and the bunny who won her favour

wool (sheepies important of course to spring) and the egg/egg white inside - plus eggs

close up of the god/goddess yolk/egg white symbolic of natural balance it was the sun god on one side and pentagram on the other

galaxy egg (meant to be universe and stars etc - was very faint)

balance bunny one side (and fertility of course)

and a fertile woman on the other.

I'm glad you liked it Sugarsandwitch!  I had a great time putting it together~  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quasior
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2012 07:45:31 PM »

Dante is also quite crazy about sea life too, so Aengus made a wonderful partner for him!  They were so keen on sea life we swapped non-Ostara related items because it made sense.   Dante makes some rather beautiful things, and I was so proud to share it with you and Aengus, Steph!  He also makes inchies for me - when I send inchies in the inchie swaps he does too, and the inchie-ists love his work.  He can't wait to see what comes for him in your package to us Steph!  Wink  

@ Wulf: yes we have Dugongs in the warmer parts of Australia, but we live in the cooler parts.  We used to live up north a while back, we had the Great Barrier Reef just north of where we lived (in Brisbane).  We have fantastic sea life around those parts, and while it's not so many down here, we still get dolphins, whales in summer and seals/fur seals in winter, and great fishing.  We do have sea dragons, hand fish, and other odd little darlings in our waters (and poisonous too!  You aren't safe land or sea here - all of our snakes are deadly and spiders too - and blue ringed octopus).  We live with the widdle Tassie Devils.  Unfortunately our little devils have a facial tumour disease which is highly contagious and it is 100% fatal.  We're not so kind to our beautiful unique animals or our beautiful natural heritage, wish we were - it's a constant battle of greenies like us and logging companies!  We used to have forests filled with wood that doesn't rot - huon pine.  It was so well sought after that its endangered too.  Only a few people are licensed to collect huon pine that has fallen now so at least thats protected.  My grandfather was a traditional wood turner.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012 07:57:13 PM by Quasior » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Radmom
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012 03:57:18 AM »

All wonderful and sweet that your kids exchanged as well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012 02:04:40 PM »

I think it is totally cool that the kids exchanged as well. I think someone should have a tiny swap where one crafted thing goes to the kids and one to the adults and make it optional is the kids do the crafting.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2012 03:17:51 PM »

Quasior, I stupidly confused dugongs and manatees when I said I was surprised you had them in Australia. They're both lovely creatures. And I just saw a picture of a blue-ringed octopus for the first time yesterday as a matter of fact; I didn't know they were poisonous. Beautiful!

Are there ever kids' swaps on Craftster? It's a great idea but I don't remember ever seeing one.

And thanks for posting the photo of the Ostara picture - it's quite brilliant!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Mr. Burns - 7th Drawing
How to Draw Krusty the Clown - 12th Drawing
How to Draw Bart Simpson - Full body - 38th Drawing
How to Draw Duffman - 21st Drawing
How to Draw Otto Mann - 29th Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...