A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,481
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing SYS March 2012 - Discussion/Gallery  (Read 12883 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2012 09:49:38 AM »

Postage is expensive.  Recently I invested in a scale and print my own postage thru Paypal.  It's wonderful.

I claimed Shannin for some film.  Yay!  I hope to claim at least one more time before the end of the round. 

Yum, sorry I haven't resent yet...but I will.  I'm going to pack up both your and Shannin's package this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2012 04:48:03 PM »

thats kinda why i like that this swap is an ongoing one...if you have more to give but cant this month you can sign up again and give more next month. if you're sending more than just a small flat rate box the shipping and jump really quickly so it really is handy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2012 09:48:20 PM »

Sorry, I've been sick but I have gotten two great supply packages!

Atsuko sent me my first spindle and roving that is SO ME!

She also sent instructions!  The postman ate the little hook from the top, but I'm gonna have some fun with this! No clue what this will turn out looking like, but it's gonna be used for something for me!

And then, I got the mother of all whimsy packages from the Queen of Whimsies herself, sheepblue! (What whimsy package ISN'T pic heavy, but still, you've been warned:)

It took me a couple of days to fully go through this, but when I couldn't breathe to sleep last night, I spread it all out.  FIRST, BUTTONS! 

So many beautiful buttons.  And then all the whimsies. 

I'm going to do the rest as thumbnails to save a bit of space.  But I asked for hearts for Melissa's wedding whimsy canvas, and there was an impressive (and disturbing) amount of bugs, and some really beautiful charms that are gonna become jewelry soon.

There was also a second envelope of watercolor paper, but I put it away when I got it.

So then I just have to point this out.  I threw this out to sheepblue that it's a little thing between the couple, their love for giraffes.  I didn't really think there'd be a giraffe whimsy out there, but LOOK!  I couldn't believe it!

Also there was a penny, and a foreign coin, which I set aside for my boyfriend.  Sheepblue couldn't have possibly known this, but John loves coins.  So he hopped online (after attacking me with the cockroach) and found out it was a "USSR ten koneek" and then he squirreled it away with the rest of his foreign money, and continued to attack me with the cockroach.

Thanks ladies!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012 10:16:18 PM by YumJello01 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
scarlet_nights

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2012 11:21:34 PM »

I have some lovely packages to show off. Cheesy

First up from Eiseldora a long lusted after Needle Felting kit! Ive been wanting to try needle felting for ages and I am so ecxited about this kit. I think the little monster on the postcard is adorable and I want to try to make one. I can already tell this will be a new obbsession lol

and from mom2em a huge box of candle making supplies.
This is a large flat rate box yall and it was full to the brim. Wicks and wick holders. and a ton of scents. I love the bottles the scents are in, they make me think of an apochacry. And as a bouns suprise she included some lovely scrapbook paper! I soo wasnt expecting the paper and its all so pretty.

Thanks so much to both of you for my awsome packages. Now I'll be over in the corner stabbing fibers with a needle in anyone needs me ahahahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2012 05:23:07 AM »

Ooh, wonderful packages!  I esp can't wait to see the needlefelt creations.

Yum, I have your replacement spindle packed and hopefully will get it out to you tomorrow.  Smiley  And I wrapped the hook part extra well.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2012 01:18:03 PM »

I know a local felt artist that sells materials for dry needle felting. She just raised her prices due to the supplier raising his prices, but she put together some nice kits for beginning needle artists.

You can check out her etsy store at Hi Fiber Kits

I'm happy to claim people that want to learn needle felting, and have her send you a kit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2012 05:00:39 PM »

ooh, I'd love to have one of her kits.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarlet_nights

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2012 10:00:17 PM »

Ok its official Im addicted to needle felting! I made this little guy last night for a different swap, my partner wanted something cute. I think he's cute. And a decent first ever try at this. He reminds me of those claymation blobs Nickelodeon used to have on between shows.

I need more fiber though! And more colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2012 10:44:54 PM »

I received from klg_jlg.  Of course now I'm looking and wondering if the produce bags are supposed to be in this shot or not...they are really supplies and I did have some pinned so maybe they are supposed to be in the pinterest gallery.  Er...I cannot remember.  Brain cells are gone because of finals week.  Regardless I love everything.  Aria was so excited to get some more feathers.  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

klg_jlg
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2012 07:25:30 AM »

Haha, they were just more of an extra. The belt thing was for Pinterest and the rest are for the supplies swap. I don't do papercrafting so I just sent you all the paper I had.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Maintain Color Treated Hair
Wavy Holiday Hairstyle
How to Get a Day to Night Hairdo
Adding Accessories to Your Hairstyle
Homemade Hair Treatments for Oily Hair
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...