A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Swap Your Stash March 2012  (Read 3954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Saintcady
« on: March 01, 2012 08:23:29 AM »

Swap name: Swap Your Stash
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Saintcady
Sign-up date range: March 1 - March 31
Date to send item by: 14 days after a claim is made or 4/14 – whichever comes first
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional Age requirement? 16 +

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This Board is for lists only.  The discussion/gallery thread is located here.  Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401996.0

This is a supplies swap, not a crafted items swap.

1 - This swap is NOT chain style.  You may choose from anyone's list once they are posted. This means you may receive a different number of packages than the number you send. I encourage everyone to try and keep claims somewhat balanced. I try to claim people who have sent more than they received.

2 – Each claim in this swap should consist of at least $20 worth of supplies. Supplies may be from your stash, bought new, or bought second hand. Supplies should be in good, usable condition.

3 - You may have up to 2 claims outstanding at a time unless you are FOC, then you may have up to 3 outstanding claims at a time. Outstanding means unsent - once you have submitted your DC# or a picture of your international receipt you may claim again.

4 - Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  Your post should look like this:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your likes and dislikes (such as colors, patterns, etc)
         - your list of supplies you would like to receive – this is all your basic needs as well as coveted supplies.

5 - Remember, the more items and bigger variety of items you have on your list the more likely it is for you to be chosen.  

6 - If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

7 - When you wish to choose someone, please send a PM to the Organizer and the Receiver.  At that point, please request the address from the receiver. Include what you will be sending and the due date.

8 - Everyone must make at least ONE claim.

9 - Required: good communication! This means keeping the organizer informed and replying in a reasonable amount of time.
All PMs should be copied to the organizer
PM to choose someone and get their address
PM the DC# or receipt when a package is sent
PM when you receive as well as posting a 'Thank You' in the gallery (even if you can't take photos).  
Please put "Swap Your Stash" in the subject line of all PMs.  At the minimum, please tell if it is a send or receive, the sender’s username, receivers username and the item.  Otherwise I may go a tad crazy trying to figure it out.

10 - It is your responsibility to make notes in your bio or list about color/size/material preferences, allergies, and when an item has been received (delete it if you do not desire duplicates). Be specific enough so that you are sent items you want, but beware being too picky or people might not choose you. Communication is key for happy swappers.

11 – When all claims have been made (March 31) all participants names will be put in a hat as many times as they made claims and one name will be randomly selected. This participant will receive a small extra package that may include supplies and/or small crafted items.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Swap Your Stash March 2012
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country as it would appear on an address label
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012 08:26:04 AM by Saintcady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saintcady
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012 08:25:07 AM »

Gallery/Discussion board available here.

PARTICIPANTS:
(times claimed) username claims made/claims sent/claims arrived
*indicates this person has made more claims than they've been chosen for
names are linked to user's wishlists

*(1) Saintcady 4/4/4
*(3) Eiseldora 6/6/6
 (2) tiffi_333 1/1/1
 (2) sheepBlue 2/2/2
*(3) Shannin 4/4/4
*(5) atsuko 6/6/6
 (4) scarlet_nights 2/2/2
 (1) pseudo_pix 1/0/0
 (4) YumJello01 1/1/1
 (2) mom2em 2/2/2
 (2) klg_jlg 1/1/1
 (2) rlynn 2/2/2

Sent
Received
Late with communication
Problem

Claims
Send by March 16:
sheepBlue --> Shannin for wooden embroidery hoops, embroidery floss, cross stitch cloth, buttons
saintcady --> atsuko for beads and charms
saintcady --> pseudo_pix for fiskars free hand cutter, the tiny eyelets, clear pepple stickers
saintcady --> scarlet_nights for Scrap-n-treasures kit, Pathways paper, maybe some candle stuff
atsuko --> saintcady for drop spindle, maybe something else
sheepBlue --> yumjello01 for whimsies! buttons, and watercolor paper
shannin --> yumjello01 for old textbooks, silver findings & chain, scrabble tiles & premade resin glaze tops, 1" circle/square/heart wooden bits, wool yarn, crochet stitch markers, beading mats, bubble wrap.
yumjello01 --> eiseldora for buttons and fabric
atsuko --> yumjello01 for spindle & roving
scarlet_nights --> atsuko for smurf pan and metal zippers
atsuko --> scarlet_nights for skeleton cameo

Send by March 17:
mom2em --> scarlet_nights for candlemaking supplies
mom2em --> atsuko for soap making supplies and some other goodies
eiseldora --> scarlet_nights for needle felting kit

Send by March 19:
shannin --> klg_jlg for 1/2 yard each of black, gray, brown felt and an assortment of washi tape

Send by March 20:
rlynn --> mom2em for wooden blocks
klg_jlg --> rlynn for scrapbook paper, fabric
rlynn --> atsuko for copper and pewter plates
scarlet_nights --> tiffi_333 for chain, findings, metal mesh / plastic wrapped wire
tiffi_333 --> klg_jlg for buttons, lace trims, soap colours/scent/tea tree oil and some fabric
eiseldora --> mom2em for felt

Send by March 30
shannin --> eiseldora for bamboo knitting needles and knit fabric
eiseldora --> shannin for fabric
atsuko --> shannin for camera film
eiseldora --> rlynn for interfacing, ribbon
shannin --> sheepblue for zippers and felt
saintcady --> sheepblue for beads and charms

Send by April 5
atsuko --> eiseldora for baby sewing patterns
Eiseldora --> atsuko for felting supplies

Send by April 10
atsuko --> eiseldroa for more baby goodies

Send by April 11
eiseldora --> yumjello01 for books, heavy paper

Bonus prize: atsuko

Send by April 14
pseudo_pix --> tiffi_333 for white mesh and red flowered chiffon
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012 09:33:26 PM by Saintcady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saintcady
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012 08:34:11 AM »

My name’s Cady and I live in Portland, OR with my 4-year-old son, Max, and my husband Matt. We like reading, crafting, playing outside, geocaching, games, and are a whole house of geeks. We all especially love dragons. I love purple, earth tones, and jewel-like colors. I also love geeky/techie stuff to craft with.

•   Woodburning tips compatible with Walnut Hollow like stamps or hot knife
•   Rare earth magnets
•   Some sort of thread storage container
•   Cool crochet/knit patterns, mostly toys or amigurumi like dragons
•   Metal scales
•   Seed beads, size 11, opaque colors
•   Needle nose pliers
•   Nymo beading loom thread
•   Adjustable beading loom (this is definitely a big, not a medium)
•   Leather pieces – quality lace or pieces over a square foot
•   Colored machine cut jump rings – most sizes (for chainmail, not beading, so thicker is better)
•   Poly beads
•   End nipper pliers
•   Safety eyes and noses – most any shape/size/color
•   Tiny glass eye beads - black or colored
•   Yarn – I have enough plain acrylic (think red heart) but will always be happy to see wool, cotton, bamboo, mohair, or something really cool. Single skeins are fine as I do lots of small projects. I prefer natural tone colors – blues, greens, purples, and autumn tones, but can find a use for crazy colors if they’re cool enough.  
•   I love handspun anything.
•   Also seeking boucle yarns in any natural fibers
•   I'm especially looking for 100% wool yarn in shades of gray. Also maybe tanish/redish (the colors of river rocks). It doesn't need to be a whole skein, a small leftover ball is fine, any gauge will work.
•   Wool roving for spinning or needle felting
•   Wool stuffing
•   Silicone molds of various shapes. I have enough squares and hearts, though.
•   Canning funnel
•   Small spray bottles
•   Small squeeze bottles
•   Mannequin head (for taking hat pics)
•   Wool felt, even small amounts
•   Wood buttons
•   Scrabble tiles or other non-plastic game pieces
•   Liquid watercolors
•   Watercolor paper
•   Magnetic clasps
•   Stencils of animals, cars, trees, or similar
•   Needle book
•   Beading needles
•   Cotton piping

Most of these are listed again on pinterest, some with more details if you need them. http://pinterest.com/saintcady/craft-supplies/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012 10:00:15 AM by Saintcady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012 04:15:19 PM »

Hi I'm Emma, living in Ann Arbor MI, going to school for an art degree! I love vivid colors (except neon/pastels) especially jewel tones. I dabble in anything and everything but lately my crafting obsessions have been making Teesha Moore style items, embroidery, and mixed media art. My list is ordered in no particular order and BOLD items are big wishes! I also have a pinterest on my sig for more ideas of my style and color faves. Thank you so much in advance for choosing me  Grin

zippers - colorful, especially shorter ones 12" or less

beads/pendants/charms - No seed or pony beads please, anything interesting, colorful, fun, would be great if I could make it into jewelry for the workplace

spray paint - any color

small to medium river stones (doesn't have to be "river" stones but stones that are smooth on the surface)

a container for my sewing threads/bobbins/other sewing junk

metal ring 6" or larger for making a dreamcatcher

E6000

plastic animals - any size, lifelike detailing please, and hollow as I cut them apart

small sized wooden plaques like these http://www.amazon.com/Demis-Wood-Plaques-Bulk-Assortment/dp/B0043E22CI/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1330628757&sr=8-26

black embroidery floss

a variety of shades of either green, blue or red felt - I want to make this http://pinterest.com/pin/220606081716696035/

cutting blades for a lino cutter tool (already have the tool) http://pinterest.com/pin/220606081716468823/

fabric scraps for Teesha Moore work - I'd rather not get a whole package of scraps but if your package needs filler or protection I'd love scraps to do the job!

inkodye!! Would love love love some of this to play with, already have the blue-green color. http://pinterest.com/pin/220606081716786185/

bag/purse handles - these would go on Teesha Moore bags so anything you think would work with that

acid dyes (blue, red, green, purple, yellow only if sending along either blue or red so I can mix colors)

unusual embroidery hoop sizes - I have plenty circular hoops but I love ovals or other unusual shapes
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012 05:12:08 PM by sheepBlue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012 04:50:29 PM »

My name is Roxanne and I live in Maryland.  I have a 7 year old daughter named Lana and she was raised on Craftster love!  Lots of my crafting revolves around my daughter and her classmates.  I bake for them, make things for them, and even have had many wonderfully Craftster friends make things for them (pencil pouches, bags, etc.)  I love to craft…it’s my therapy.  I love making jewelry and dabbing in crochet/knitting/sewing/papercrafts.  

- Beads for my jewelry work (any plain glass, interesting acrylic, Swarovski, stone, pearls).  I've been making random bead necklaces, in addition to my regular stuff, so stray beads are good.  Smiley  I have lots of foil, ceramic, wood, seed, and bugle beads ATM.  Thanks!  Smiley
- silver charms for my charm bracelets
- brass/silver stampings/charms of birds, octopi, owls, mermaids, etc. that I can use in my Steampunk work
- silver plated findings (eyepins, jump rings, chain, etc.)
- things to stamp: aluminum disks, sterling silver disks, silver plated utencils, etc.
- bias tape, esp the thin double fold ones so that I can edge baby bibs
- metal zippers 6-7" for bracelets
- wool felt sheets for felt dolls
- M&P soap base
- Silicone molds of various shapes. Hearts would be loved.
- Good quality solid colored scrapbooking paper
- Any unloved  Sizzix dies for the original machine
- Any unloved Cuttlebug dies
- Any unloved  Cricut cartridges

You can check out my Pinterest to see what crafts I do:
http://pinterest.com/atsuko1/things-i-ve-made/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012 12:54:41 PM by atsuko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
tiffi_333
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012 05:39:36 PM »

Hi my name is Tiffany and I live in Ontario Canada. I dont have any allergies that anyone needs to worry about. I love old books and movies. I do like newer movies as well but i find that the originals are always better, and really, nothing beats a classic. I like lots of different styles depending on the day and my mood. I love punk clothing and dark colours but i also really enjoy kawaii styled fabrics and jewelry so im rather easy to please. I like most colours other than pastels.  I like to craft alot..Since im too sick to work it does a great job at keeping me entertained. I like working with polymer clay, making jewlery and sewing clothing the most lately but i also paint/draw and do other things more on the art side of crafting.

Fabric--I love lace/jersey knit/ribbed knit fabrics(am happy with lots of colours but would prefer black if possible). I like working with any kind of stretchy material really...i love stretch satins and spandex type fabrics. I'd love to try working with bamboo cotton like:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bamboo-Cotton-Jersey-Knit-Fabric-Eco-Friendly-Lava-/180702655552?pt=US_Fabric&hash=item2a12b7b440 I hear its amazing fabric to work with.  I also love plaid and houndstooth fabric...i like lots of different patterrns though Im picky about floral prints and dont really use them. I'd also appreciate brocade fabrics and suede. I'm interested in making a pair of knee high boots so I dont really have any use for scraps of suede...I'd also prefer it in either dark grey or black to match easily with clothing.

Stretch lace trims-i could use this in any colour. Lingerie elastic would also be great

Stretch bias like--http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Yards-Dark-Pink-1-wide-Stretch-Binding-Bias-Cut-/400073263185?pt=Sewing_Trims&hash=item5d26398851  I would appreciate any colour

Separating zippers

grommit tape/d-ring tape/hook and eye tape- I would prefer black for these but white would be nice as well.

Liquid fabric dye-I need black the most but could use other colours as well (i would really like to try dye meant for cold water but i can also use the stuff meant for hot water)

Metal boning for corsets like http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Spiral-Boning-Corset-Victorian-Renaissance-Bodice-Sewing-Supplies-Tudor-/130650378552?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6b5e9138

steampunk jewelry findings/keys. Could also use washers(not too big) and nuts (different sizes)

Filligree findings

Beads-any but pony or wooden beads would be great. I would also be happy with unwanted jewelry that i can take apart to reuse

wire-i would be happy with any thickness and colours since i have run out. I'd especially like some thicker wires

Coloured jump rings in any colour (i dont have any at all)

Necklace chain- i would appreciate any you have to give but i dont care for gold much. I'd love some coloured chain as well if possible but normal silver/brass/gunmetal types would be great

Flat back rhinestones in various colours. I could use a few different sizes, but i dont need the rather large ones

e6000

molds for resin- i would especially like ones for rings/bangles/necklace pendants

shrinky dink paper- Ive never tried them but ive seen alot of awesome things done with them and id like to give it a shot.

Any extra enamel paints meant for glass like: PEBEO VITREA (i hear its one of a few good brands of this paint)

Foil sheets used with polymer clay-any colours or patterns

any nintendo magazines like: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Magazine/NintendoPower?from=Main.NintendoPower i use images in them for pendants...Jewelry magazines (ive never really read any so it would be nice to see what theyre like)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012 06:05:58 PM by tiffi_333 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012 06:05:51 PM »

Hi, my name's Jami

I live in Washington state with my husband and 2 cats.
I spend my day as a teen librarian hosting gaming programs, crafting with teens, and helping
I mostly knit but I also want to explore other crafts. I got a sewing machine for Christmas, and I'd love fabric so I can use my machine.
I love blues, black for clothing, purple, Burgundy/wine reds, and my husband loves dark green.
I also love nature and patterns that have those elements: trees, leaves, flowers.
I am allergic to smell of smoke and have food allergies.

I am looking for:
Fabric
Scraps so I can learn to sew!
All kinds of Fabric to make zippered pouches, bags, and other simple sewing projects.
Knit Fabric to make skirts or shirts. (I love knit)
Cotton, Flannel, Knit, and more
New Canvas or heavy fabric for bags

Other Sewing wants:
Buttons.
Pincushion
Bias Tape
Interfacing
Batting
Foam sheets
Thread

Yarn
Bamboo, Wool, Cotton, and more
I love Bamboo yarn its my new passion
I"ve also wanted to learn how to felt so wool or something feltable would be nice
I also like Bulky yarn
I"d like to knit a lacy shawl, but not found an inspiring enough pattern.
Yarn/Socks to knit a sock monkey for my niece.

Paint
Tempra & acrylic
Paint Brushes
Stencils
New Glass Etching Cream

Newspapers to use in my garden to prevent Weeds

empty bottles and containers

I"d love to get a copy of the Complete Photo Guide to Knitting. I"m a visual person and I learn best by seeing patterns.
Sewing Patterns for Plus Size clothes(22), toddler girl, toys or simple sewing projects
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012 10:49:24 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shannin
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012 08:43:14 PM »

I'm Shannin, I'm a student at UC Berkeley studying computer science. I live in a neighboring city with my boyfriend, who finds all my crafting very interesting (it's funny how amazed he is when I make things). He loves cats, but unfortunately I'm allergic to them. Sad I like geeky things and gamer things and all things lacy. I LOVE pandas. My favorite colors are orange and green. I like to wear neutral colors: black, brown, grays, cream, etc. I do not like pink or purple or pastel colors. My favorite crafts to do are spinning, knitting, crocheting, cross stitching, and sewing. I want to learn how to make hot/cold process soaps!

Most Wanted
-- Lace, any color, any length, any size.
-- Roving/Batts, dyed or undyed. Preferred fibers are merino wool (superwash or not), bamboo, tencel, banana, and blends. I'll take anything, though.
-- Acid dyes / Procion dyes. Open/used are fine, a long as there's still some left. I prefer Greener Shades acid dyes but I'll take any brand.
-- Fabric: cottons, bamboo, linen, lace. Any color of solids! I also love damask prints. Panda print fabric and banana print fabric would be cool, too. I'll take any fabric, fat quarters and decent sized scrap fabrics too.
-- Buttons, all shapes and sizes and colors.
-- Ribbons, any color, any design, any length.
-- Film, 35mm or 120 film. Fujifilm Instax Mini film cartridges or Polaroid 300 film cartridges or Polaroid 600 film cartridges. Expired film is absolutely OK! Smiley

- Cross-stitching fabric, any color.
- Embroidery threads, any color DMC.
- Wooden embroidery hoops, any size.
- Perler / Hama beads. Any size, any color.
- Rubber sheets, any size, for stamp carving.
- Photo frames. Sleek, black. 4"x6" or 5"x7".
- 1" button parts (pins and magnets).
- French barrette hair clips, ~3"
- Brown Kraft paper sheets, 8.5"x11".
- Sealable cello bags, at lease 12" on one length. Acid free.
- Paper bubble mailers, any size. Smaller preferred (000, 00, 0).
- Shipping boxes. Around the size 6"x6"x6".
- Anything with pandas.
- Glass jars with lids, mason jars, from jams and such. Any size.
- Stuff for making CP soaps
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012 12:44:24 AM by Shannin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog | Etsy | Pintrest | Wishlist
PM me for personal swaps. Smiley
scarlet_nights

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012 08:54:08 PM »

Hi! My name is Liz. I live in a tiny village in Souther Illinois called Iuka. I have 2 dogs, both dashounds and I live alone, no kids. I love the darker side of things, vampires, gothic, steampunk, faries. On the flipside of that I love silly things like rubber ducks, I have over 400 of them in my bathroom, garfields, domos, headgehogs and a strange obbsession with pin cusions. I want to live in the 50's. Love everything about that decade and collect just about anything from it. I love to read and history is fascinating to me. I know lots of pointless facts and enjoy reading trivia and fact books like uncle johns bathroom readers. I enjoy playing cards and card games like munchkins. I absolutly love tattoos, i have 4 and am in the prosses of saving up for my next one. If your sending from another country I'll proly ask for a newspaper and candy for the bf,its his favorit part of my swapping. I have some supplies and fabric on my pinterest http://pinterest.com/scarlet_nights/ I like red, black, purple, silver, jewel tones for colors. I dont like gold, white or pastels, Im color blind and cant really see pastels very well.

* Fabric. Any kind really I can never get enough fabric. I do like novelty prints, sushi, cupcakes, ect. ect any size from fat quaters to yards
* Safety eyes for poppets any color size 18 or higher.
* Craft velor for poppet skin skin tones please
* Machine cut rings for chainmaille any color and size
* Ive recently started painting so anything for acrylic painting
* A sketch pad for acrylic painting
* Paint brushes for fine detail
* Canvas any size
* Any vintage pattern from the early 60's and earlier
* Vintage sheets, I love to make clothes out of them and I have several examples on my pinterest
* A huge impractical wis but Id love a buttonmaker
* Head bands not the thin plastic ones with teeth though I hate the ones wih teeth they hurt
* Pillow stuffing or batting for blankets
* Counted cross stitch cloth.
* Guyish counted cross stitch patterns or geeky ones
* The CCS pattern for the Blues Brothers I have on my pinterest
* Embroidery thread, any color or kind since part of it will be for the bf
* Fairy, Dragon, Celtic, Wiccan CCS patterns.
* Would love some good embroidery sicssors
* Vintage jewlery for recon, (if its really good pieces they will go on my vintage vanity display)
* Vintage magazines from the early 60's and earlier for recon
* Threads any color
* Plastic bobbons for a brother ce-5000prw
* Serger threads any color 4 cones a color please
* Vintage clothes for recon and display shadow boxes
* embroidery hoops
* Machine needles always need more needles
* Straight pins, the ones with round plastic heads or maybe some fancy ones
* Sharpies black and colors anything from ultra fine to thick
* Ostrich feathers
* Feathers and do dads for headbands
* Ribbon
* Frames any size the older the better (see a theme here?)
* Candle wax, used leftover wax from your own candles is fine
* Wicks
* Scents and color chips for candle making
* Candle molds any kind Ive only got one or two
* a needle felting kit been wanting to try for ages
* Duct tape, the fancy colors and patterns. I make roses out of it
* Any supply at all that has Superman on it
* I am in love the the Graphic 45 line of paper so any of it woud be greatly appreciated
* Paper from the Steampunk Debutant line
* I have recently gotten into paper so any cute or pretty scrapbook paper
* Steampunk, gothic, victorian, vintage scrapbook paper
* Steampunk  trims and do dads
* Left handed sicssors or pinking shears
* Any supply at all that has Garfield on it
* Old skeleon keys
* Poly clay any kind any color
* A pasta roller for poly clay used is fine
* Trim, any where from pieces to yards
* Venicine(I know I so spelled that woung) lace
* Old perfume bottles or anything you would find on your grandmothers vanity table (Evening in Paris earns bonus points)
* Vintage hats and accessories (early 60's or earlier) for photo shoots
* Hat stands the older the better or vintage Mannequin heads for hats
* I would love a resin kit Ive wanted to learn how to do resin for ages now
* A rotery cutter
* Hair combs for making fascinors
* Some sort of thread storage, mine is overfilling the tiny box its in
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012 01:08:50 AM by scarlet_nights » THIS ROCKS   Logged

YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012 11:05:23 AM »

Hello hello!  My name is Jessica, and I live in NYC with my boyfriend and three cats.  I have way too much stuff for living in an NYC apartment, so I am looking forward to joining this swap!  I have no allergies other than I can't wear pierced earrings anymore, but please know that anything from my home is guaranteed to have cat hair with it!  If you see anything from my destash site that you'd like please keep that in mind!

Pinterest supplies board is mostly repeats, but there are some other things on there that aren't in my list below: http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/supplies/

I've tried a lot of crafts, and right now what I'm sticking with is jewelry, embroidery, wood burning, resin and general craftiness.  I have a few supplies on my list for crafts I'd like to start trying as well.  Also some things on here for my sister's upcoming wedding!  Thanks in advance for choosing me! (also please take a look at my signature)

Jewelry Crafts:
silver findings such as jump rings and clasps (other finishes appreciated but I'm completely out of silver)
any finish, any length of chain
ring blanks
any size, shape, type of pendant trays/blanks
bails
scrabble tiles
metal stamping blanks

Embroidery:
Embroidery thread, and kind, color, length
cloth aida (any color)
embroidery needles
embroidery patterns
one of those vanishing ink or embroidery transfer pens

Paper craft:
Watercolor paper
Any color cardstock
Cricut cartridges (love used!)
Clip Art
Punches (I have 1" circle, 1" square, a corner rounder, martha stewart snowflake, a tiny heart and two small flowers)
tissue paper
laminating pockets
books/book pages

Soap/Candle/Resin:
Candle scents
Candle dyes
Bulk wax (soy or bees)
candle wicks
Molds for use with resin (silicone or plastic, I have a few please check with me first)
Resin dyes
 - I would like to try making soap.
Any soapmaking supplies, including instructions, melt and pour materials, dyes, scents, molds, etc

Painting/Markers, etc:
Fabric Markers, any color, any brand, I use these like crazy
Zig Markers, or fine Sharpies, any color
Paint thinner/paint brush cleanser
Nail Polish
Any type of varnish/sealer

Yarny stuff:
Um, yarn
Crochet patterns
Crochet stitch markers
 - I would like to try spinning
A spindle (and instructions?)
Roving

Random/Miscellaneous:
Wood plaques
Cream tulle (the kind you find in the bridal section)
Table size (or even smaller ones would work) lace or fabric doilies (NOT PLASTIC, we are tea-dying them for my sister's centerpieces at her wedding) - also if you see these for relatively cheap at any store you shop, please let me know, I haven't been able to find any
WHIMSIES (I'm making a whimsie canvas for my sister's wedding
Beads, any kind any size!
Buttons, any kind any size!
Junk jewelry
Pillow cases (don't need to be a matching set)
Bubble wrap
*NEW*Bubble mailers, padded envelopes, boxes of abnormal size
Tissue paper
*NEW* A rotary cutter, PLEASE!!!!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012 12:22:08 PM by YumJello01 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Robert Englund Reveals The Question He Gets Most from Fans
Nic Sheff Talks About Tweak
Suzy Welch Reveals Her Motto
An Interview with Jennifer Weiner
Erick Setiawan Talks About Of Bees and Mist
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...