A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Canadian Ongoing Wish Swap- Mar 2012 Gallery/Discussion Board  (Read 15395 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bobbiemay
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012 01:40:29 PM »

Update  Smiley I'm 2/2/0
Sent to mama24boyz and k8cre8s Grin I have to get ready to do a kitchen Reno next week so I don't think I'll be able to claim any more this month. But will next round.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8kre8s
hand-made, not slave-made

power to the cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012 01:50:50 PM »

boom! seriously awesome day in my mailbox, i received BOTH granted wishes today!  Shocked i love mailing within canada, no 3 week waits for packages to arrive.  Smiley

first up, my lovely arm warmers made from old sweaters from suereal:

the photo is super brutal, but i assure you these are great! they fit perfectly and have a nice long cuff that can be turned over or kept long up the arm. just the right colour grey too. plus, she sent along some great extras that were right up my alley, like vintage doilies, a hankie, and a cool leather glove. thanks susi!!

then a super cute bow sleeve t-shirt from bobbiemay:

in one of my favorite and most-worn colours. i've saved you from the brutal action shot on this one.

AND, just because she felt that project was easy, bobbiemay also surprised me with a gorgeous fabric flower hair clip from my wish list:

bonus! (oh, and she also slipped in some excellent leather scraps!)

i feel super spoiled and thankful to my great swap partners. yay suereal and bobbiemay!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012 02:16:48 PM »

It's spoil k8kre8s day.  New national holiday Grin

The shirt is adorable!  And the flower is very cool.  Pretty but still kind of steampunkish

Here's how the arm warmers looked on me..I could barely get my hands in the grey part.  You're so tiny! Grin

You can felt them down more if you want them tighter (partly because I stretched them out a bit in the picture taking test run). What I did was just run a hot water wash with them in it. You could just use boiling water and a bowl. A hot dryer helps too.   If you want them to fit super close, felt them a bunch and them put them on wet.

Grin

so I am 2-1-1
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012 02:24:04 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
mezcraft
IIIIIII made it myself!!!

I'm a maker. I make stuff.

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2012 08:40:10 PM »

Those arm warmers are fabulous! what a great job... Also the bow shirt is so adorable..I think I too may have to do that.. as there is a great pink and grey striped shirt that I have that would be more than perfect for it.

Onto some Administrative stuff - I won't be able to continue this swap next month as I am moving ( First house on my own ever!) I wouldn't want to run it without being able to focus on it... If anyone else is interested in organizing this instead I say all the power to ya! Lemme know! If not, I will continue running this Swap in June when my life should settle back to a normal state.

There are some people who have signed up who haven't claimed yet - which is allright we still have plenty of March left, I just thought I would give a heads up to say ya better claim fast!

Also how is everybody doing? Everything that people have been sending looks great so far!  I have sewed Half of what I need to... Turns out some of the territories and provinces of Canada are very detailed so it's taken me a bit longer than I thought I would.. I have stitched the outside of my needlebook for Oyhana I just have to figure out the book part of it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oyhana
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2012 06:11:45 AM »

Onto some Administrative stuff - I won't be able to continue this swap next month as I am moving ( First house on my own ever!) I wouldn't want to run it without being able to focus on it... If anyone else is interested in organizing this instead I say all the power to ya! Lemme know! If not, I will continue running this Swap in June when my life should settle back to a normal state.

If no one else wants to I can organize for April.  I'd like to see this swap continue every month if possible.

Can't wait to see my needlebook, mezcraft.  Maybe now my boyfriend won't find needles in his toes anymore.  Grin

As for claims, I'll be finishing off Homerof2's package today and sending tomorrow.  I just claimed k8kr8 for some spinning fiber.  I'll likely start dyeing some locks for it tomorrow as well.

Great gallery!  Loving everyone's stuff so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Personal swap friendly!  Especially ATCs!
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2012 06:14:35 AM »

I can't organize but had to say ya!!! Please keep these onegoing!!  I love it!!  My claims are coming along, they're taking me longer cuz I was sick for a week, but I'm catching up  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2012 09:29:17 AM »

Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to mezcraft for featured Spring Project!  It is AMAZING and you so deserve it Grin

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=405767.msg4780165#msg4780165
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
.:dollface:.
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2012 02:42:38 PM »

I'm done and just waiting for the glue to dry before I can send Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2012 04:38:20 PM »

That hoop is AMAZING!!!!  I saw it when it was first posted and loved it immediatly!!  Congrats mezcraft!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
mezcraft
IIIIIII made it myself!!!

I'm a maker. I make stuff.

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2012 06:02:02 PM »

Thanks guys... I can feel the warm fuzzies all the way over here in Stratford... oh wait it's just crazy hot outside...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crock Pot Recipes - Chicken Chili
How to Make Banana Pancakes
How to Make Apple Fries
How to make Beef Stroganoff
Shrimp Dip
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...