A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
673 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Pinterest Swap MARCH 2012!  (Read 6705 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 29, 2012 02:40:36 AM »

Swap name:Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Rlynn
Co-Organiser: DawnsTrees
Sign-up date range: March. 1 - March 31, 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your pinterest site.  If you don't have a pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM one of the organizers your email address to request an invite.

You must be cleared and have feedback on the January 2012 swap (unless your claim was international) in order to sign up for the March 2012 round.  

If you are late in the February swap, please do not sign up until you send.  You will not be accepted.  Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=404803.0 Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?

You may choose from anyone's pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for.  You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim and send.  Also send a PM to the organizer and your sender when you receive.  You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims.  Please include the swap name and month in your subject line!  Please make sure to tell me who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from.  If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.  

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins.  

I hear a rumor that there is a giveaway; is this true?
YES!  It is true.  Each month, there is a giveaway.  You get one entry into the random drawing for each claim you make.  At the end of the month, we'll use a random number generator and that lucky person will receive a crafted item or crafty supply.  We cannot tell you what the item might be upfront because we like to cater it to the winner's interests and needs.  Also randomly but not necessarily every month, there might be additional giveaways so make sure to stay up to date on the discussion thread so you don't miss out!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO BOTH ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012 06:40:46 PM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012 02:43:59 AM »

The number in front of the username is how many times that swapper has been claimed
The numbers after indicate total claims swapper has made, number in transit, number received
BLUE - it might be nice to show these people some crafty love, they've claimed more than they've been claimed
GREEN - please claim if you can, I would like everybody to get at least ONE package for participating

swap participants
(4) rlynn 3/0/3
(4) thehappycrochetchic 1/0/1
(2) craftaddiction 3/0/3
(1) bunny1kenobi 1/0/1
(4) lindyv321 4/0/4
(3) DawnsTrees 1/0/1
(2) Saintcady 2/0/2
(1) Mrs Shak 1/0/1
(0) honeybone 1/0/0 - NEG
(3) Casey1201 2/0/2
(2) YumJello01 2/2/0 - temp neg, Shipped! 
(1) smashu 1/0/1
(3) ehinders 4/0/4
(1) zzdia 2/1/1
(2) Jexxican 3/0/3
(1) Ma Rut 2/0/2
(2) onegroovyday 3/0/3
(2) littlebluegirl 2/0/2
(1) KodaNRoxyDogs 2/0/2
(3) rubylynns 3/0/3
(1) mlsocci74 1/0/0 - temp neg
(1) Foxy Sam 1/0/1
(1) redpopsicles 1/0/1
(2) quilted 3/0/3
(1) SamanthaM 1/0/1
(1) Fascinated 1/0/0 - claimee went MIA, told not to ship
(1) bowlordie 1/0/1
(1) luckdragon 1/0/1
(1) jo_mama 1/0/1
(2) WhimsicallyObsessed 1/0/1
(1) redstar13 1/0/1
(2) ollieorange 2/0/2

Due by March 15
craftaddiction --> Casey1201 for socks for her grandpa
Casey1201 --> Saintcady for mixing bowl covers

Due by March 16
ehinders --> craftaddiction for a surprise from the sewn items board
Saintcady --> ehinders for some stone and felt hotpads
ehinders --> DawnsTrees for supply love including old keys watch parts and junk jewelry

Due by March 17
DawnsTrees --> Casey1201 for the quote "Today is a new day..."
smashu --> Saintcady for kid's tees for Max
YumJello01 --> thehappycrochetchic for felt hearts hoopla
Saintcady --> ehinders for a weighted stuffed animal
jexxican --> thehappycrochetchic for J+J hoop

Due by March 19
YumJello01 --> littlebluegirl for buttony goodness scaramouch angeling
Ma Rut --> rlynn for labels and baggies for Aria's birthday favors
lindyv321 --> bunny1kenobi for some jewelry
lindyv321 --> Casey1201 for the Get Low Doxie shirt
rubylynns --> YumJello01 for an Edward Sharpe Hoop

Due by March 20
littlebluegirl --> rubylynns for granny square slippers
mlsocci74 --> lindyv321 for some holiday decor and some extras scaramouche angeling

Due by March 21
ehinders --> lindyv321 for an altered spoon and an altered key
redpopsicles --> mlsocci74 for a wire bird's nest pendant and some glitter glass magnets

Due by March 22
rubylynns --> jexxican for a surprise from the little people's board
SamanthaM --> craftaddiction for yarn goodness
onegroovyday --> rlynn for Aria's rainbow shirt and hair bow
honeybone --> SamanthaM for some monster bookmarks and a few other goodies for her and her girlies

Due by March 23
craftaddiction --> Ma Rut for owl coasters
Casey1201 --> rubylynns for some fabric bowl covers
zzdia --> MrsShak
bowlordie --> smashu for a cord/plug scarf

Due by March 24
Foxy Sam --> Dawnstrees for a cute hedgehog amigurumi
onegroovyday --> Dawnstrees for stacking blocks and a zippered pouch
Jexxican --> rlynn for rocks of some sort

Due by March 26
thehappycrochetchic --> KodaNRoxydogs for cross stitch supplies
KodaNRoxyDogs --> Fascinated for a quote tshirt, and some chalkboard goodies
KodaNRoxyDogs --> Quilted for a couple sold color Swarovski bicone crystal necklaces
luckdragon --> redpopsicles for a skeleton pillow
quilted --> thehappycrochetchic for stuffed animal sleeping bags
quilted --> SamanthaM for stuffed animal sleeping bags
quilted --> rlynn for stuffed animal sleeping bags

Due by March 27
craftaddiction --> thehappycrochetchic for a knitted blanket
jexxican --> Rubylynns for a hoopla
ehinders --> luckdragon for a silverware ring

Due by March 28
lindvy321 --> onegroovyday for button art and necklace
littlebluegirl --> jo_mama for a pair of crochet fingerless mitts
jo_mama --> lindyv321 for some wall art
Ma Rut --> littlebluegirl for a crocheted cushion cover

Due by April 4
Mrs Shak --> Foxy Sam for geocaching bags

Due by April 5
WhimsicallyObsessed --> bowlordie for embroidery hoop inspired by her pin

Due by April 6
redstar13 --> ehinders for an apron

Due by April 8
ollieorange --> redstar13 for feather earrings and a wool bowl

Due by April 9
rubylynns --> WhimsicallyObsessed for a lalaloopsey hoop
onegroovyday --> lindyv321 for a coiled fabric bowl
lindyv321 --> ollieorange for an awesome velociraptor hoopla

Due by April 10
ollieorange --> zzdia for some leather and embroidery floss
zzdia --> ollieorange for a lined paper shirt

Due by April 13
rlynn --> jexxican for owlie weights
rlynn --> onegroovyday for fabric luggage tag and snap wallet
rlynn --> quilted for flower hair clips and triangle fabric bowl

bunny1kenobi --> WhimsicallyObsessed for a multistrand beaded necklace
Fascinated -->YumJello01 for a headband
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012 02:19:38 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012 08:03:43 AM »

My name is Robin.  I live in Portland, OR (U.S.) and I am a full time PhD student.  I am also the mother of preschooler extraordinaire, Aria Jae.   I love handmade and I love surrounding my child with handmade.  

If you decide to craft for me: my favorite colors are blue and green.  I love earthy and jewel tones.   I wear a lot of black and sometimes a bit of grey and every once in a while something red, but mostly I wear black.  I like the look of steampunk and Gibbous jewelry and clothing.  I just started teaching a college course this term and would love some great jewelry to dress up my work outfits.

If you decide to craft for Aria: her favorite colors are blue and green as well, but she is seriously into rainbows so anything with all the colors would be loved.  She is into pirates, robots, monsters, rainbows, elephants, and dinosaurs.  She also loves the care bears (80s style, before CGI got to them), the 70s animated TV show Godzilla, Ponyo, Batman, Spiderman, the Hulk (as in the green guy), and lately Dinosaur Train. We dont really do princess stuff around here but we do like fairies, sprites, and gnomes.  Her newest thing is anatomy.  Seriously.  She loves learning about the body.  I have loads of things I would love for her pinned on my pinterest, including clothing, toys, and accessories.

Her Birthday is at the end of March and I've promised her an epic rainbow birthday party, if you claim something from my party ideas board, I will give you the biggest cyber hug ever!  If you have an amazing rainbow party decoration idea that you'd like to make feel free to PM me...I am game for just about anything.  But I seriously have to pull this birthday party off with as much as she has been talking about it lately.  

With the exception of the board titled, "stuff I should make and gift," all other boards are free game.  Exact replicas are not necessary so please feel free to get creative and have fun...  

I am totally fine with a supply claim.  Good boards to look if you want to send me supplies...the boards titled "fabric love," "supply love," "pattern love," and "craft books."  I always love fabric, but please PM me before sending fabric not pinned on my fabric love board.  Fun colored buttons in various sizes and of various materials but mostly of the round variety are always welcome...

http://pinterest.com/rlynn/

Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012 09:25:35 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

thehappycrochetchic
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012 08:37:55 AM »

HI!! 
My name is julia.  I am 26 years old.  I have 4 kiddo's and crafts for them are welcome.  I dont have boards for them so i will list a gew ideas here.
 *Andrew- 3 y.o. loves spongebob, monkeys , pirates, cars and trucks, trains, horses, yo gabba gabba
 *Ayden - 5 y.o. loves gears of war, star wars, legos, pirates
 * Emma - 5 y.o. loves all things girly, tutus, my little pony, strawberry shortcake, lalaloopsy, barbies and dollhouses, love tiny things, writing and drawing
 * Lily-7y.o.- loves monster high, barbies, wizards of waverly place, mermaids, writing and drawing, loves journals, dollhouses, loves, pretty boxes and containers to put her stuff in, loves to organize all her stuff

I love yellow and white in chevron pattern..i would love a wall hanging mini quilt of this.  Its on my pinterest. 
I have a teeny hoopla wall that i want to make bigger.

My style is eclectic.  I love modern and vintage, romantic, victorian, goth, steampunk, shabby chic, girly.. im easy, i like a mish mash for a unique look.  I love the look of knitted items and i hope to learn soon ( taking a class @ joann on tuesday!!!) Would love a knitted blanket, lapsize or larger...

Supply claims are fine. On my fabric board i dont have a ton, but i love moda and anythingbsimilar to anything i have on my boards is fine.  Ialso love craft books, and i have a board for those too, would lobe to get some craft books.  Zakka Style is a big wish;)

Any board is fair game...you dont have to copy exactly, i will love anything i get claimed for!

[ http://www.pinterest.com/jcarter462/ ]

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/jcarter462/

I love personal swaps!!
Message me...

Always looking to add to my hoopla wall...Wanna trade?
craftaddiction
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012 09:34:35 AM »

Hi everyone. I live in a sleepy little town in Iowa. It is very cold here, so I don't get out much (plus, there is no where to go). I spend most of my time crafting. I knit, crochet and carve stamps. I love sewn items, but can't sew. I live with my boyfriend (of 7 years) and our small dog (Sissy, who is afraid of everything). My favorite color is pink. I also love bright colors and pastels. I am not a big fan of dark colors and earth tones. I love "cutesie" patterns, like hearts, flowers, butterflies, cupcakes, ect. I also like paisley. My tastes are similar to a 6 year old girl's  Smiley  I don't have any allergies.

All my boards are fair game except "Christmas Gifts" and "Things I've Made". My pins are just for inspiration. I don't expect the exact item. Usually I like what function the item serves and don't care how it is made (ie. I might pin a side loading case for my laptop, but really any case would be wonderful).

I have no problems with supplies claims. It is very hard to get supplies here. Those can be loosely biased too (ie a different but similar type of yarn, though yarn isn't a good example since I like all yarn   Cheesy).

Here is my link:
http://pinterest.com/craftaddiction/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012 11:13:26 AM »

Hi, everybody!

I live in sunny AZ and I'm married to the man of my dreams and have 4 sweet kids - 3 boys aged 24,15, and 5 and a 17 yr old girl.  I  love to read, I love to craft, and I love to spend time with my family.

I would gladly welcome items for my kids and hubby (although most of the items on my "gifts for him" board - "him" meaning my hunny - are romantic in nature and therefore maybe not all that appropriate for someone else to send - I'll work on that board some more).

I love color- can't think of one I dislike!  I seem to wear a lot of black and earthtones, probably because they tend to be more slimming, but I'm beginning to move beyond that, I think.  I'm a wannabe archaeologist, and I LOOOOOVE museums!  So stuff that looks old is a big turn on for me!  I like vintage, but not real big on retro (50's - 80's styles).

My pinboards should be pretty self explanatory, and I don't need exact replicas of items pinned there; feel free to allow them to inspire your own creativity!  I welcome supply items, and feel free to select from the "gotta make this stuff" through "Deck the halls".  I will love anything you decide to send!

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have!   Cheesy

http://pinterest.com/deannalaw/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012 11:28:31 AM by bunny1kenobi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012 11:27:37 AM »

Hey guys, I am Lindy and I live in Arizona with my boyfriend, two kids, dogs and cats.  We just bought our first home in June and I have been having all kinds of fun decorating!

My honey doesn't "get" crafted items so don't worry about him  Wink  My kids are Adia (11) and Landon (7) who have their own board and would love anything from it. http://pinterest.com/lindyv321/for-my-kidlets/ Adia's room is neon pink and black and white zebra striped even though her favorite colors are blue and green.  She loves stuffed animals, kittens, Justin Bieber, and is starting to care about jewelry and such.  Landon is all boy and loves all things Star Wars and Lego.

I love just about all colors (except yellow and orange) but am finding myself really drawn to turquoise/aquamarine/teal type shades lately.  I would love to do my craft room in pink/mauve teal and grey.  As for clothing I tend to wear A LOT of black and a lot of cardigans. I like to use bright accessories for a pop of color.  I love turtles, tattoos, skulls, Harry Potter, books, scarves, hats, hair clips, make-up, jewelry, and crafting.

Please feel free to claim from any of my boards, except the I made that and wedding stuff (I'm not engaged (yet!)) boards.

I would love to get anything I have pinned (even off the ideas and tutorials board) but would especially love to get some new Easter stuff.

http://pinterest.com/lindyv321/

Thanks for claiming me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012 02:36:37 PM »

Hi! My name is Tina and I live in Vancouver Washington with my husband and two wonderful daughters (16 and 20). I am in a PhD program that is stressing me out - I have some very large things due in the next 6-8 weeks, so if I am a bit distracted just throw something at me. Crafting and playing on Pinterest are welcome distractions although I don't have nearly as much time as I would like to do them right now.

I like fall colors, turquoise, dark rust, green, forest colors... but I also like bright rainbow colors. Okay, I guess that I pretty much like all colors, but am less excited by Easter pastels and neons, although they have their place. I generally do not like camouflage patterns. 

My style leans towards bohemian / gypsy / hippie / natural. I am absolutely fine with you upcycling and using recycled materials in your crafts for me. I would prefer that the materials that are used do not come from animals (no real fur, and only recycled leather, please).

All of my boards are fair game for inspiration, except for "Wedding Photography Research" (my daughter had been hired to do a wedding photo shoot and we were collaborating on ideas). I don't need exact duplicates, so please feel free to use your wonderful creativity!

I am also fine with a supply claim - My "Crafts - Random" board has some supply items that can be crafted. My "craft supplies that I want" board has more of the bought type of supply. I also have a "craft books" board. I generally do not need the exact supplies that I have posted - similar is fine, as is gently used. I would love to get a supply of old keys if anyone has any!

If you have any questions about my list or likes, feel free to pm me! 

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Saintcady
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012 03:41:51 PM »

Hello! My name is Cady and I live in Portland, Oregon with my husband and our 3-year-old (4 this month - yikes!) son Max. I'm a full time student and stay at home mom.

I love purple, dragons, geeky stuff, and earrings. You will notice a complete absence of clothing for me - let's keep it that way. Max loves trains and animals the best.

Please, nothing scented, and try to keep projects away from smoke and furry pets.

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/saintcady/

The best boards to choose from are the top ones. There are six labeled Swap Potential and roughly divided up by type or medium. Feel free to just take inspiration from some of the others (like the Quotes & Signs board, or Geek Joy, or Kid Stuff). I do have a board of craft supplies I covet as well and one for craft books. Probably steer away from the Projects I've Done board. Items I've already received or that I'm expecting from someone else are noted in the comments or have been moved to the received board. I'm happy to answer any questions! Thank you in advance! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mrs Shak
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012 04:03:31 PM »

I'm Kari from Wisconsin. I'm married with three kids (Kamilla-10, Alivia-7, Dalton-5) and am a SAHM.

I like most any color but prefer dark (burgundy, royal purple, brown...). I'm very casual but also like gypsy, goth and romantic styles. Halloween is a huge deal in our house but I'm not that into vampires and zombies. If you think of something you think I may like, please PM me so we can discuss, I'm very easy going and you'll probably think of something I'd like that I didn't know that I would like.

Use boards from Make this for us to Bookmarks. Be as creative as you would like with the signs and even though I have "For Gifts" I would like to receive these items also. Use my boards for inspiration, I don't think there are any pins that need to be exactly what the pic is. I am fine with supply claims. You may see some pins with **, these are items that rock my world. Please PM me for sizes of any clothes, hats, jewelry. I'm plus size and my kids are interesting shapes. Wink

Allergies
Me: wool against my skin (hats, gloves, etc unless they are lined), eucalyptus, patchouli, seafood (not sure if this would be a concern) and cats if they roll around and leave a ton of dander/hair on things
Alivia: cats (same as me), perfume-y lotions, some foods

http://pinterest.com/mrsshak/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Funny, I don't remember being absentminded...

I need a skein (two would be great) of Knit Picks Gloss Bare sock weight to finish a shawl.

My Pinterest
honeybone
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012 04:08:24 PM »

Hi everyone! I am Tiv and I am a bakery student living in New Zealand! So, anything with sweet foods on it is always loved!
I have a pretty crazy style, it is pretty hard not to please me! Honestly, I love anything handmade that has obvious thought put into it! Obviously my boards show a lot about me and my tastes and likes!
Try to stick to my first 6 boards (huge wants--things to hold things), nothing needs to be an exact copy, inspired by is totally cool with me! My food board is out for obvious reasons, you can probably get some inspiration from my craft ideas board, but honestly it is a huge mess, and there are some things on there I dont want anymore! My new room board is also a bit of a mess too!
If anyone claims for something on my huge wants board I will love them so much! They are not all large items, just things I really really want! I am also in rather desperate need of a BIGBIG messenger bag to hold my chef uniform and workbooks for school!

Here is my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/littlepinkheart/
Huge thanks to anyone that claims me!!!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012 05:48:12 PM by honeybone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Casey1201
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012 05:27:57 PM »

My name is Casey. I live in Colorado with my boyfriend of 5 years and our 3 fur children, Rocky, Daisy and Dahlia. We are both San Diego natives. I love bohemian vibed items and our house definitely has some boho influence. I am an Animal Welfare Officer for the Humane Society and love my job.

All of my boards are free game aside for the things I have made and Things for me to make. I would prefer not to receive just supply packages. I am open to your interpretations of any items and do not expect exact replication of items seen on my boards. I am also open to receiving items for others, I dont have boards for them but they are mixed in and most have some sort of comment about who it would be for if not myself.

Thanks for picking something for me!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012 05:28:39 PM by Casey1201 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012 06:40:54 PM »

Hi! Im Ash from Ontario, Canada. Im a full time Masters student but continue to work as a footwear designer which I have been doing for almost 6 years now. I have some giant things due in the next 5-6 weeks and NEED this swap so I don't lose my sanity lol I also do costume design in any other spare time I have. My life consists of discovering and creating things every waking moment and that is a happy place for me to be!  I live with my sweetheart who appreciates but is not craftily inclined..yet

I love vintage clothing, also more punk/alt stuff. Bounce between androgynous and feminine. I had reduction surgery a year and a half ago so Im still getting used to my drastically different body! I cosplay (wear costumes out in public for non-halloween events) a lot and also attend fetish events.

Colors I like: black, saffron, mint green, greys. Reds and purples, generally bright colors except yellow. Love anything tentacles, foxes, dinosaurs, things related to such geekery as adventure time, venture bros, studio ghibli, harry potter, doctor who, monster high. In general love fairytales, fables and horror.

I am 57 but pretty small size wise. If unsure, medium is usually a safe bet because I'm comfortable wearing things a bit baggier right now. If you want any measurements at all, just PM me and I can give them to you!

For my boards, stick to WANT!, To make wishlist, and Cosplay. In regards to the Cosplay folder, these are costumes on my bucket list that I do not currently have any supplies or pieces for so if you see a prop or something you are interesting in making, let me know! Unless its cosplay related, I dont need duplicates of what Ive posted. If you feel inspired by a pin, use your imagination! I don't have a supply claim board yet.

And the fun stuff. Ive got a lot of allergies! Smoke, perfumes and synthetic scents, cats, gerbils, certain plants, moulds, certain metals if they will be rubbing directly on bare skin (Im okay with sterling silver or gold). Food allergies to derivatives of corn, wheat, dairy, mustard family, grapeseed oil, anything fermented. Dont let that scare you off please! Any concerns please PM me.

My pintrest: http://pinterest.com/smashworks/
(I constantly update my pintrest!)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012 01:20:52 AM by smashu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012 07:02:05 PM »

I'm Aida and I'm from the Philippines. I'm a web developer. I love geeky things, musicals, books. I also appreciate humor tending to the nerdy programming side because of my course. My favorite colors are the from the pure shades to darker shades of greens and blues and mixes of those two colors. I'm not a huge fan of the overly bright shades like

All my boards are fair game for crafting or inspiration, except for the stuff I've made, received from swaps ones (but they do show a lot about me), keep in mind (just stuff I want to keep track of) and places I want to go to and cute/funny board (just there for the fun). You don't have to craft exact copies of my pins, inspired by them is fine. You can mix and match as you want from my pins. I'm still adding more pins, slowly but surely!

And I'd love supplies, if you want to make a supply claim, I've got a supply board. I would absolutely love you if you send me stuff to make leather cuffs like snaps and snap setters, mini buckles, and leather. I've been totally fixating on them lately.

http://pinterest.com/zzdia/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012 05:58:07 AM »

Hi! I'm so excited to join in! My name is Erica. I live in Redwood Falls, MN. I am an attorney and currently starting my own practice. I am renovating office space right now, so I would love anything law, justice, etc. themed. I also have an Office Ideas board for inspiration that might be helpful. I am married to the love of my life who is an engineer. We have a cutie pie daughter, Maddy, who is about to turn 2 next month.

I love handmade goodies, so have fun! I would welcome anything for myself, or my daughter. My husband is a little skeptical of the handmade movement, so stick to stuff I've pinned for him! Wink My favorite colors are red, turquoise, blue and green. I do not like neon. I love jewelry of all kinds.  I do love anything steampunk, vintage inspired from the 30's thru the 50's, shabby chic, etc. You'll get the idea from my boards I'm sure! Smiley I would absolutely love cotton knitted socks or handmade bath products more than anything! Smiley  

I've just started pinning stuff for Maddy. She's little enough that she doesn't necessarily give preference to colors or anything. If you choose to make her clothing, she's just getting into 2T's. Maddy has a developmental delay that we are currently trying to diagnose. Her OT has recommended weighted blankets and or animals so if anyone would be willing to take that on or help with supplies that would be great. (I will be putting info on Maddy's board.)

Supplies are fine. I started a fabric inspiration board. I'd prefer similar to stuff on the board, or anything with blue and yellow in it (master bedroom project) or any color flannel for baby gift projects. I would love supplies to do soap or bath goodies (I have a few things, but more would be great). Jewelry supplies are always welcome but would prefer no acrylic, seed or pony beads.

Here's my Pinterest link: http://pinterest.com/hindrance/  

All boards are fair game except Crafts I want to Make, Making for Swaps and Stuff I've Made. Inspired by is just fine, no need for exactness. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012 12:14:23 PM by ehinders - Reason: add info » THIS ROCKS   Logged
YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012 10:25:35 AM »

Hello hello!  I'm Jessica, and I live in NYC with my boyfriend + 3 cats!  I love pinterest, I love love love it!

I love pink + grey, black + blue, mostly dark or somber colors.  I love artwork and I have a whole wall for hoops, but not many hoops (hint hint).  I love musicals and reading and rainy days.

My pinterest is: http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
I've amassed enough claims now to split up my boards, please see "Crafty Wishes" by category...

My craft ideas board is a combination of techniques I want to try, and things I THINK I can pull off but unless it says "gift idea" or is about Christmas wrapping (which half of it is) feel free to do it for me!  Funny things is a source of inspiration for possible hoops or art or anything you might put words on - "Things I Like" is my general board, I would love anything made based on anything on that board.  And now I have a supply board!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012 08:27:06 PM »

Hi Smiley I'm Melissa and I live in metro Atlanta, GA with my fiance and our chihuahua Rupert. I'm a graphic designer professionally and he's a techy nerd (both professionally and in his spare time). We're both into beer (making and drinking), crocheting (he taught himself recently!), vintage cars, Thai food, recycling and good music. We're getting married this fall, hooray!

Things I love: anything vintage (jewelry, photos, cars, fabrics, owls, porcelain state plates, etc), handspun yarn, knee-length cotton skirts, cabled knitting, embroidery hooplas, things for my dog, wall art, slouchy knit/crochet hats, homemade soap, gardening (container only for now), windchimes, garden gnomes, totebags, cooking/baking, beer-related things (we love craft and dark beers), anything Martha Stewart!

Spring is already in full bloom here and our summers last almost half the year, so I would really love knee length cotton skirts. Simple with an elastic waist would be perfect Smiley I'm plus sized so please PM me for measurements. The patterns / colors just need to be somewhat work appropriate.

Colors I love: teal / aqua, deep brown, mustard yellow, orange, red, charcoal gray, pink, green (lime, grass, avocado), deep purple.

Supplies I could use: always in need of jewelry supplies (glass beads, vintage charms, metal chains in all varieties -- a "bead soup" or "jar of whimsies" is always a welcome treat!), yarn ("odd ball" amounts are fine too), embroidery floss, wooden embroidery hoops, mason jars, fabric fat quarters or any size really, small brown buttons.

Things I dislike: "fun fur" yarn, country or patriotic items, religious themes, camoflauge, cigarette smoke, hunter green, burgundy, neon and pastel colors, anything '80s-looking.

Here is the Pinterest board I've made for inspiration: http://pinterest.com/marut/crafter-swaps-things-i-would-like-to-have/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012 10:01:26 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm Jessie. I live in Roswell, NM. Please no lame jokes. Thanks!

I am a SAHM to a 5 year old boy, 2 year old girl, and I will have another little girl before this month is over. They all love to get stuff in swaps as much as I do. ETA: Rlynn says I should encourage you to craft for my kids more ( Wink ) so here is the link to my Pinterest board specifically for my kids, though I'm sure you can find inspiration for them on some of my other boards as well: http://pinterest.com/jexxican/little-people/ Need info for sizing just ask!

No allergies. I do have a cat and a dog, though unless you're making something for them I guess it doesn't matter too much, does it?

Not really any major dislikes. I like to think I'm pretty eclectic. I do, however, prefer function to form. I don't really have much space for just pretty things to hang on walls or sit on shelves.

As for the whole pinterest thing: All of my boards are open except the "If I wore jewelry" board because I really don't wear jewelry, though I'm OK if you use that board for inspiration. I prefer function to form. I would really rather get something that is inspired by something on my boards rather than an exact duplicate. I'm pretty sure that's how it goes but I thought I would add that in. Supplies are cool, but I am kind of trying to destash a little so I can make room for this new kid so keep that in mind. "Supplies" off of my "Books" board would be super.
http://pinterest.com/jexxican

Colors and tastes: I wear a lot of blue, but like purples. Relaxing they are. I already mentioned I'm pretty eclectic elsewhere. Russ is all boy and LOVES orange. Alice is a girly tom-boy. And my husband is straight up nerd. I think that's all there is to us.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012 06:33:37 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012 11:33:09 AM »

hi... I'm Mindy and I live in SW Florida....I have been a Montessori teacher for about 15 years now. 95% of the time I LOVE what I do, the other 5% is usually ruined by the parents not the children. I am a single mom of 3, 2 kids.. (a son 16, a daughter 12) and a rescue mom to my wonderful ShiTzu "Tinkerbell" (who, mind you, came with her name). I'm a pretty mellow laid back individual, living life with the "Life is Good" motto!... the grass is never greener on the other side! I'm also a firm believer that COFFEE makes the world spin.....I'm a little, well maybe A LOT OCD, but it typically works out for the best.....I love exploring new crafts, and can usually figure out just about anything.... I'm not real good about following patterns, because I always want to make things a bit different so that its a one of a kind ..... whenever possible, I will always strive to.....REDUCE, REUSE and RECYCLE!!!

cat fur and I dont really get along, as long as your cat doesnt become best friends with what you are making for me and he doesnt slip into the box to be sent I should be fine..

My style/likes/wants/needs are pretty apparent on my pinterest boards, but feel free to ask any questions!!

boards that are for me to refer to would be...made by me....baby gift ideas..tutorials and ideas for others..... school ideas.... i need to do this.....wedding ideas for lou lou....

The rest of my boards are open for inspiration

pinterest ....  http://pinterest.com/onegroovyday/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebluegirl
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012 10:35:04 AM »

Hello everyone!  I'm Leeanne and I live near Liverpool in the UK, which I know means there's less chance of me getting picked due to shipping costs.  I am happy to ship overseas, and can't wait to look at all your Pinterests! 

I suffer with mental health probelms which prevents me from doing a "proper" job, but I do volunteer in a charity shop/thrift store which means I get to pick up all sorts of weird and wonderful goodies.  I live with my cat Harlequin who is a fan of handmade toys (epecially if they have nip in!)

All of my boards are open except Things I've Made and Things to Make.  Please feel free to interepret things in your own way, I love unique handmade goodies.  Supplies would be good, I have a board for that, but it would be nice to receive something crafted too, even if it's just wee.

One thing I would really love (and I'm not sure I have a lot of them on my Pinterest, but i'm going to try to address that now) is necklaces.  I love long, long beaded necklaces but short necklines work too.  I love purple, amber, silver, olive green and indigo.

www.pinterest.com/littlebluegirl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubylynns
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012 07:22:05 PM »

Hi!  Im Ruby and I live in Southern Ohio.  I am a stay at home mommy, my son is 3 years old. 

I love pretty things, not really picky about what it is as long as its pretty =)  I like to hang buntings all over my house and have a small obsession with granny squares.  I am actually trying to learn to crochet just so I can cover my house in granny squares =) I compulsively  go to thrift stores and I love vintage sheets and pillow cases.  I also spray paint just about everything. I have a shelf in my kitchen covered in spray painted nick-knacks.   

My pinterest is pretty extensive, I spend a little to much time on there. All boards are fair game but embroidery I want to make and swap items Ive received  Everything else is fair game, I am good with interpretation and supplies.  Anything else you want to know just ask!

http://pinterest.com/rubylynns/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KodaNRoxyDogs
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012 10:07:29 PM »

Hi Everyone!

I am 28 years old and live in Springfield, Oregon with my fiance (Brandon), 2 cats(Darth Maul and Samantha), and my little chihuahua puppy (Loki).Never thought I would have a chihuahua, since I have always had labradors, but hes a funny little monster and I love him.

I am studying for a degree in Pharmacy, and I work full time for a cruise line here in the Springfield/Eugene area. I love movies, The Hunger Games, Denver Broncos, Family Guy, Zombies, Polar Bears, koi fish, and dogs. I also love Transformers and Mario stuff. I do not have a board for Brandon, since he got his own Pinterest before I could make a board for him. I also don't have a board for the pets, but I should probably make one.

All of my boards are open, and I am fine with duplications of what I have pinned, or interpretations of what is pinned. Random Wants, Stuff to Try, Jewelry, Scarfie Wants, and Bath/Soap wants are probably the boards that have the most items to choose from for inspiration, but all my boards are fair game.

I do not have many supplies pinned, but I would be open to receiving supplies. I have been wanting to learn how to cross stitch, and I am currently spending most of my crafty time painting and making jewelry, so supplies are always welcome.

I do not have any allergies, although I do not care for cigarette smoke. I love handmade soaps and such, but if you choose to do this, please no musky scents. Otherwise, I like most scents and most colors, Im pretty easy to please, and I am sure I would like anything someone chose to make for me!

Now to go stalk everyone elses Pinterests... Smiley

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/kodaroxydogs/

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012 11:42:43 PM by KodaNRoxyDogs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mlsocci74
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012 10:02:05 AM »

Hello.  I am Melissa.  From northeastern Pennsylvania and I live with my 2 kids (daughter, Kaitlyn - 16 and son, Ethan - 11). 

My favorite color is Pink.  But love most colors except neons, for the most part.

Feel free to be inspired from any of my boards except, hairstyles, saying and photography.  They really are just for me.  lol  I will gladly accept supplies, but have nothing yet in that board.  But I hope to soon. 

http://pinterest.com/mlsocci74/

Thank so much for claiming me.   Feel free to PM me with ANY questions at all.

melissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Foxy Sam
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012 05:58:27 PM »

Hi everyone,
                I am Sam - Sam I am   I am living in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand. 

My favourite colours are Blue and Green, all shades of both, I love the colour combination of blue and yellow, I also like black, silver, brown when combined naturally with green.  I like nature colours.  I don't like orange (unless for tiny details, like flames or pheonix detailing for instance) don't really like flourescents but don't mind naturally bright colours like in the rainbow. 

Here are the boards that are fair game and that I would love anything off: 
Things I would like

Jewellery I would like

bags I like the look of

clothing I would like

My Style

patterns I would like

Craft supplies I like

The only ones to avoid are 'craft ideas for me to make' as they are things I think I will make for others that I know, or the board 'for the home' because they are just lovely ideas for craft spaces and the 'food' because they are recipes for me to try...mmm...and they look good 

I am a kindergarten teacher and so use that as an excuse for my love of all things cute, I love monsters and animals and love clothing with embellishments that I can wear to kindy (so with no swearing or images that may offend for instance, cute but also look nice).  Useful things are always good as space is a premium at times (my craft room is one that is also our spare bedroom so has to be convertible). So love books, sketch books, containers, clothing jewelry, craft kits and all sorts of other things.

PM me for sizes of any clothing or just for chatting, I love to chat 

My pinterest is a continual work in progress, so if you have any ideas of things you think I would love but not sure then please just message me. 

Here is my pinterest account:  http://pinterest.com/foxysam/

I have no allergies of concern but if posting to NZ please be careful not to send things filled with rice or wheat or so forth as customs will have a fit.  Just ask me if you have any concerns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
redpopsicles

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012 10:15:40 AM »

Hi! I'm Kelly from Oklahoma City, OK. I live with my boyfriend and our little dog, and I'm a bartender.

My favorite colors are blues and greens, black, red, and most colors other than yellows and oranges (for the most part). I love geeky and/or nerdy things, and I'm also called those as well, but I just think it adds to my charm. Wink I love reading, making (and drinking) cocktails and beer, playing video games (love my World of Warcraft) and working on my garden. I love mythology and pagan-related things, and this year I'm focusing on learning more about herbalism and growing my own herbs.

I wouldn't mind a supply claim, although I do not have a supply board on my pinterest, and I'm open to any interpretations of things. Probably the best boards to choose from are Very Crafty Things, Geekery, Halloween Should Be All Year, Garden and Pillows, although the others can be inspiration. I wouldn't worry too much about the Quilting and Things I Plan to Make boards because they are more for construction inspiration for my own crafting. If you need any additional info for sizing and whatnots, just PM me.

I don't really have any allergies, except for cats, but they don't bother me unless I rub my eyes all over them or their hair is everywhere.

MY PINTEREST! http://pinterest.com/redpopsicles/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012 01:45:35 PM by redpopsicles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

quilted
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012 04:10:35 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Howdy! I'm Julie, a thirty-something working mother of two in Washington State. My Pinterest is pretty clearly labeled with Swap Wishes and Swap Wishes: Supplies. I certainly don't need replicas. In fact, pretty much any color will do. My favorite colors are green, blue, teal, purple (in moderation), brown and neutrals. For my kids, I love brightly colored things.

I have a five-year-old boy and a 18-month-old girl. We are one of those uber-liberal vegetarian Jewish feminist households. Oddly enough, I work for the military, so work stuff needs to be on the conservative side. I love nerdy, geeky things. I don't like violent things (e.g., skulls) or toys that look sad.

These days I'm obsessed with finding interesting or re-decorated clothes for the kids. My poor little boy is so jealous of all the amazing girl clothes the toddler keeps getting. Boy clothes are *very* boring.

We don't have any allergies. Please check out the board labeled "Swap wishes" and "Swap supplies."

Thank you for crafting for us! http://pinterest.com/juliekinn/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
SamanthaM
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012 07:33:27 AM »

Hi!
 I am so excited to join this swap, I already have some ideas Smiley
My name is Samantha, and I am a married mom of 4 little girls (9,8,4 and 4 months). I went a little pin crazy when pinterest first came  out, so I have  a lot of pins!!

I am a freelance writer and love handmade! I am working on a waldorf doll now (slow going!) and we have a nature play table as well.  We have a little flock of pet chickens, and I'd love something inspired by chickens (I have a chicken pinboard!), but all of my boards are fair game, with the exception of edibles, too many food allergies in the house! I am reading the Harry Potter series to my big girls right now (they can both read, but we are doing this one aloud together), and we are up to book 5, where we will be stopping until they get older. Anything harry potter is sure to be a hit here, particularly ravenclaw or gryffindor themed items.

Aside from food, we have no allergies (I have indoor cats and bunnies!) and I would be thrilled to receive a handmade item Smiley I am very set for commercial supplies, but am always interested in handmade supplies.

My pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/samanthamcnesby/

Thanks for looking, and happy crafting!!
Sam

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fascinated
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012 08:45:47 PM »

Hello Everyone! My name is Lainey. I live in Mississippi with my one petkid, Harley (who is a crazy little boston terrier). Our most favorite thing in the world is having at home movie date nights with the boyfriend, Brandon. Style wise.... I am very much into pink/creme combinations at the moment. If it has a boho-chicness to it, Im sold. I love most colors, excluding neons (unless blended with other colors) and most purples. I am nerdy and love video games. I have also just convinced myself that I want to crochet. It has been an interesting process so far ... as long as it's flat and doesn't include fancy stuff ... or rounds stuff ... I am golden.  And this could go on... but I'll stop myself and get to the good stuff.

All boards are pretty much free game. The Made by me, my style, and crafts for other boards ... I wouldn't really pay too much attention too.  I also believe that you must not stifle peoples crafty inspiration ... so you can use anything for inspiration, I do not need exact replica's.  I am also open to supplies or a live in crochet teacher. Wink

Oh... and no allergies.

My Pintrest:  http://pinterest.com/fascinated12/
Thanks to anyone who tackles the mess that is my pintrest. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

:my pintrest:
http://pinterest.com/fascinated12/
I will do personal swaps. Cheesy
I have a few skeins of Caron Simply Soft I would love to supply swap with anyone for other types of yarn, I am finding the yarn a tad hard to work with.
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012 12:37:23 PM »

Hello!!  I'm excited to join this swap for the first time!

My name is Karen and I live in Austin, TX with my teenaged dd (who typically ends up with most of my swap items), a huge, goofy lab-mix and a lovely, prissy cat.

I love designs from the 60's and early 70s (think mod & flower power). Also 50's post-modern. 50's/60's SURF THEMES!  I used to have a 1974 VW Thing and I miss it a lot! I also love Asian designs in fabric and artwork.
I prefer clean lines and bold graphics rather than cutesy or fussy prints.

I was born in the year of the Dragon and I just love them! And English Bulldogs (cute, not fierce).  I love anything magical/wonderous including fairies and Alice in Wonderland. 
Also, pretty much any Amy Butler fabric.

If you are doing a t-shirt, please not a men's or hanes or jerzees. For me, a ladies fitted med (if runing small or junior sizing, go for a large, but generally med will work) (prefer scoop neck).  For DD, juniors fitted med (size 3/5). Thanks!

Other random things I love: silver jewelry, reading, travel, art, geekery, the periodic table, Scooby-Doo, nature, trees, rain, cooking, whimsical things (but not whimsies), steampunk!.

In general, I prefer practical things that can be used (with the exception of small wall art or hoops for
my hoopla wall - which I always love to receive) .  My favorite colors are bolder/earthy tones to 60s mod.  Blues/greens/tangerine/black/white/deep red.  Please no neon colors or pastels, or pink.

My only allergies are to cigarette/cigar smoke and mold.

My pinterest is: www.pinterest.com/luckdragon/

Any board is fair games except: "To Make", "Stuff I've Made" and "Tutorials and Blogs"

I'm good with a supply package! Smiley

Feel free to PM me for sizes or other questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
bowlordie
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012 06:49:25 PM »

hey guys! my name is ashley and i live in omaha nebraska.  i'll be graduating with an art degree in may!! finally!!  i am originally from a small town in northern michigan and my heart really belongs amongst the trees and the lakes. the city has it's benefits, but it's too much for this girl.  i have a cute little apartment with an eccectic style.  my living room is being madeover at the moment..slowly but surely.  the colors that i gravitate towards are jewel tones (deep purples, greens, teal) for my place and in general. i'm not a huge fan of neon or pastels. i don't have any allergies !! Smiley

pinterest.com/mzktchn

i update my pinterest pretty frequently and i have a board of things that i really admire for this swap and would seem most practical for me.  feel free to gather inspiration from my other boards as well. i don't mind if things aren't exactly like the picture, but pretty close would be cool.

i'm not really interested in being sent supplies, but i do have a closet full of stuff that i would love to put a dent in.  i could send supplies.

thank you!!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012 06:52:05 PM by bowlordie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012 11:19:20 AM »

hiya!

my name is jo, and i live in a small illinois town outside of st louis, mo with my husband and 2 kiddos.  our daughter georgia is 8 and our son wiley is 21 months.  we bought our first home last year and i'm thrilled to fill it with craftster love.

my style is a combination of shabby chic and color explosion.  i love bright and bold colors.  aqua seems to have made it's way into every room of the house, but also red, shades of green (lime, kelly, grass), purples, teal, golden yellow, black, etc.  colors i dislike include mauve, hunter green, burgandy . . .

i keep my pinterest pretty current.  any of the boards that are named with "i want . . . " are fair game to claim from.  i try to move pins to my claimed board immediately so there's no confusion.  i use the captions to give specifics if needed.

http://pinterest.com/josasser/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.com
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012 12:09:29 PM »

Hi everyone! I know I'm jumping in a bit late but here I am! I'm Dee. I'm from Ohio USA I'm 29 married and a mother of a 4 year old daughter her name is Eliana. She just had her birthday yesterday! Actually it was also my 10th year wedding anniversary so we call the day Birthdayversary its our own family holiday! LOL I have a new pup I got 2 weeks ago shes a beagle mixed with a larger breed not sure she is a mutt! She would like a toy if you feel up to it I'm just throwing it out there lol! she is getting so big and chewing up the world! I love animals of all sorts especially owls, foxes, zebras, dogs, and cats! I love crafts of all sorts so I REALLY love handmade supplies and any extra stash items as well. I am very into steampunk or bright vivid color things and indie style items I'm very random I guess but thats me..  I am about accessories and jewelry before clothing (I'm plus size and hard to fit) All boards are open to inspiration Cheesy Feel free to use your own ideas based on some of the things I love or even random things meshed together Cheesy I love interpretations as well as close copies ^___^ This is my link http://www.pinterest.com/whimobsessed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012 07:33:30 PM »

Skulking Slipping in near the end of the month! I am Alyssa from So Cal. I am 32, yet don't behave as such Smiley

I am obsessed with sports - New England Patriots, Winnipeg Jets and The Ohio State University Buckeyes. Anything relating to those = AWESOMENESS! I have no kids, no SO, no pets that are "mine" though I live with some doggies. I am an auntie to three nephews and a niece and adore them all.

I love deep colors (jewel tones) and do not like pastels. I love feathers and rhinestones. I have a great love of 1940's and 1950's films, fashion etc.

Pretty much everything is fair game. And supply packages are always appreciated
If you have questions just pm me Smiley

http://pinterest.com/redstar13/
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012 11:26:06 AM by redstar13 - Reason: to add » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ollieorange
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012 06:28:30 PM »

Hi, I'm Cindy. I'm 32 and live in WI with my DH, 2 cats and cocker spaniel. I am still recovering from a recent miscarriage. He would've been our 1st kid.... I kinda figure getting back to swapping will be a good distraction.

I am totally addicted to Pinterest. I like neutral colors- browns, whites. I love orange! I loathe green and purple- especially together. Almost everything on my Pinterest is fair game (there are a few things I've commented on that I'd like to make for other people). There was a lot of baby stuff on the boards up until recently, so if I missed deleting any please ignore those. If you're not sure, don't be shy to ask. I'm ok with supplies (if they are pinned, I don't really need anything that's not pinned!)

I'm allergic to wool (can't wear it), eucalyptus and lavender. Most scented stuff affects me in a bad way! (affects/effects?....)

my Pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/theollieorange/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose the Paper in Watercoloring Painting
How to Do a Dinosaur Face Paint
How to Do a Skull Face Paint
How to Do a Monster Face Paint
How to Do a Butterfly Face Paint
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...