A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: speedy colour swap  (Read 887 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 22, 2012 05:38:13 PM »

I saw a similar swap on another forum and wanted to see if it might work here on craftster (where the people are much nicer  Wink)

This would be a quick swap - so 1 week for sign ups (or less if numbers are reached before) and 1 week to send. 1 partner each, and I will rty to group within countries so that postal time would be kept to a minimum too.

I would pick a colour for the swap - so for example the first one would be red.

What to send - Well red things of course - I was thinking that you would send ALL of these things:
-4 red fabric charm squares (5"x5") or 4 red sheets of scrap book paper (at least 6"x6")
-6 red buttons
-2 red lengths of ribbon - at least 12" long
-a red ATC or 4 red inchies.

For the charm squares or scrap book paper and for the ATC or inchies, I would ask on the questionaire which you would prefer, but It would be the senders choice.

This would be a series of swaps where the colour changed every time. Is there anything you might change? Anyone interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012 07:28:37 PM »

Tempting...not really a fan of red though....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Frugal Living Swap Rd 6: Sent!
nilmerg

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012 08:31:25 PM »

I'm open to suggestions for colour too! I guess if it takes off, we will prbably get through them all eventually too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012 09:15:53 PM »

I think it would be great if  the colors got scrambled, so you would get something in a different color than what you sent. Maybe people make a list in order of color preferences? And ribbon can include other trims, like laces and buttons could be a zipper... how about a small bead packet, a jar of craft paint... Mix up the category options a little?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012 11:40:42 PM »

I like the idea of including lace and trims with the ribbons. I had wanted to keep the swap quite simple, with having one colour per round and a small amount of uncomplicated items so that it is easy to put your package together inside the week. I'll certainly consider beads, paints and zippers if other people request them too. Maybe you could include one senders choice mystery item as well as the other things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012 02:31:33 AM »

I like this idea!  Very cool!  Help to clear out some stash that you are just not sure of, and get something new and different!

How about maybe adding some kind of bead/rhinestone/sequin/whimsie things to it as well?  That way they could have something from "every" type craft?

Bookmarking this one, because it is one that I can do easily, and will help clear out stash!  LOVE, LOVE,LOVE this idea Nilmerg! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geekgirl1000100
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012 05:51:16 AM »

I like the sound of this. I would be interested. 
(I am almost eligible to particpate in a swap.  I am excited!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012 05:15:12 PM »

Love to see that there is interest. Maybe I'll make a list of 10-15 things to send and you indicate a preferance on your signup, then it's senders choice as to what they actually send to you, say 5 things from the list. Yes, I'm thinking destash and recieve new stash items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oodelally

Absence makes the heart grow fonder xo

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012 04:41:40 AM »

Love to see that there is interest. Maybe I'll make a list of 10-15 things to send and you indicate a preferance on your signup, then it's senders choice as to what they actually send to you, say 5 things from the list. Yes, I'm thinking destash and recieve new stash items.

That sounds great nilmerg! I like the idea of choosing from a list of things, as that way I am able to choose from things I already have in my stash. I also like the idea of having a set colour...If this was a regular quick swap people could join in for the colours they like, and not the colours they dont Cheesy Me personally...I like all colours!!

Or perhaps you could do a 'warm' colours swap, reds, pinks, oranges, yellows, etc. Or 'cool' colours...blues, greens, purples, etc. So that way you are sure to have things in your stash Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~

Can you send me joker playing cards? I am working on a big project Cheesy
My Pinterest | My Blog
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012 04:33:38 AM »

I think a list of things to choose from is great as well!  Would the list be a list of "wants" or "haves"?  Or perhaps a list for each?

In your first posting, you talked about 4 of something, 6 of something else.  It almost has a "scavenger hunt" type feel.  Out of a list of 15 wants, your swap partner does a "countdown" of 5 of them... For example: as you said 6 red buttons, 5 ATCs, 4 ribbons, 3 whimsies, 2 pieces of paper, and 1 fat quarter of fabric.

Are you thinking a supply only swap, or supplies and a tiny or small item?  Otherwise, it might turn out terribly one-sided.  I would feel just awful if I sent a partner nothing but ATC blanks and inchies and buttons and got a bunch of fabric and ribbon and such in return.

I was just thinking the "countdown" idea might balance a situation like that.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken Wellington on fixmyrecipe.com
How to make Cranberry Sauce
Artichoke Chicken With Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Sauteed Chicken With Mushroom Sauce Recipe
How to Cut Apart a Whole Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...