A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the Heidi Bag  (Read 3400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

b2j2fitz
Vibrant Designs

...is striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman...

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2012 08:16:01 AM »

Creating some new items for a feature and just thought I'd share some photos.  This is my pattern I call the Heidi Bag.  It has pleats along the top band and the base is boxed creating a nice roomy bottom.  I interface the outside fabric AND lining fabric with heavyweight fusible interfacing.  Most of my bags I interface the outside fabric with fusible fleece, but because of the pleats in this pattern, the fusible interfacing looks much crisper and nicer overall.  I interface the lining because you DO lose some stability in NOT using the fusible fleece. 

Three slide pockets inside.  The awesome part about these bags is it's easy to add a divider, a zipper pocket divider, or simple zipper pockets on the sides.  I went simple this time Smiley

Straight on view...my favorite fabric!

So, what do you think? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012 08:56:06 AM »

I'm always a bit weary of handbags that close with just a snap and no zipper, because I'm a clumsy girl from a big city. I've had experiences with pick-pockets and sadly, those did not involve catching them in the act and NOT losing my stuff. Once they stole my cell phone, another time my wallet, and my mother's wallet has been nicked twice in the last 5 years.

In another nasty incident, my bag slid from my shoulder, my cell phone slipped out of the little pouch in my bag and fell into the sewer Lips sealed

That said, your bag looks really, really nice. You can't tell it's homemade, if you'd tell people you bought it at a high-end quality shop, I'm sure they'd believe you. Great job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
RubyD
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012 09:07:29 AM »

Super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We don't make mistakes here, we just have happy accidents. We want happy, happy paintings. If you want sad things, watch the news. Everything is possible here. This is your little universe." Bob Ross
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012 07:57:17 AM »

I'm always a bit weary of handbags that close with just a snap and no zipper, because I'm a clumsy girl from a big city. I've had experiences with pick-pockets and sadly, those did not involve catching them in the act and NOT losing my stuff. Once they stole my cell phone, another time my wallet, and my mother's wallet has been nicked twice in the last 5 years.

In another nasty incident, my bag slid from my shoulder, my cell phone slipped out of the little pouch in my bag and fell into the sewer Lips sealed

That said, your bag looks really, really nice. You can't tell it's homemade, if you'd tell people you bought it at a high-end quality shop, I'm sure they'd believe you. Great job Smiley
goodness you all have some wow luck over on your end. SO sorry to hear all the rotten thieves and the cell misfortune.

Love this bag Smiley fabric are great and just well crafted!! THIS ROCKS IMO Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
AshtonagoL
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012 01:10:57 PM »

So pretty!  Love the style and the print!  I have that print fabric.  I've been saving it to make something just for ME!  Now I'm really inspired to do just that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012 06:58:39 PM »

Lovely bag with lovely fabrics.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.com
sewchristine
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012 08:25:37 AM »

Great bag and lovely colour combination.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kensand22
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012 09:49:35 AM »

This is just the type of purse my daughter is looking for. Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alishabu
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012 03:09:29 AM »

I love this! You did a great job sewing it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Reeses_Gentry
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012 05:55:44 PM »

Super cute. I love the fabric as well. (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Where To Find Good Quality Suits, from Tim Gunn
The Best Boot Styles, from Tim Gunn
Philadelphia Buys More Sweatpants Than Any Other US City
Newsman Glenn Beck... Now Making Jeans?
2 Quick Fixes for Runs in Your Tights
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...