A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP: Princess and Pea Numbers Game  (Read 1159 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

peachpress
« on: February 25, 2012 11:40:27 PM »

This is the doll that I've made for the game. She stands at around 7'' tall (~18cm). I made her using this fabric doll template and peach felt. I'm sorry I didn't take photos of the process this time... I was more interested in getting her done before the inspiration to work on this project left me... In any case, she's relatively easy to make. Afterwards I just attached yarn hair in a very amateur way and sewed the simplest dress I could with the fabric I had on hand. I think she turned out pretty nice, and I know the girls I teach will really like her. I just have to make sure the next project I take on is more boy oriented.  Roll Eyes

The basic idea for the quilts right now is that one side of the quilt will have an iron-on or embroidered image of a phonic cue, and the other side will have the lowercase letter which responds to that image. (so an apple and "a" or an octopus and "o"). It'll take quite a bit of time to make, I wager, but it'll be good practice on my new sewing machine (since they're just going to be rectangles stuffed a little bit) and for my embroidery. I just thought I'd share the project here, since it'll keep me motivated to keep working on it!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012 07:09:59 AM by peachpress - Reason: Craft Theme Changed » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012 11:05:34 AM »

She's a sweet doll, but I think someone has stolen the pea: she's sleeping peacefully there Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012 05:37:08 PM »

That's really sweet, can't wait to see everything finished!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
peachpress
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012 07:09:23 AM »

Roll Eyes Hiiiiii everyone~ I'm back after a very, very extended break! Life's been nuts!

But, over the last week I've been working on my Princess and the Pea set again.... I've had to tweak it.... it's no longer an ABC game and will be a 1-20 game. It was way too hard to try and design quilts with a limited budget and supply, so change had to happen... Alas! I've got 10 "quilts" so far, 10 more to go. The next few will definitely be of a more "quilt" feeling, but I couldn't make them all puffy or it would be impossible to stack.

I'm also considering making a set of dolls to go with the basic game, to make sort of a photograph storybook.... I have penciled designs for a prince, awake princess and the older queen. It'll add more time to the project, but since most kids over in Japan don't know the original fairytale, the game might not make much sense.  I'm working on a new doll now!

Here is some photo-spam:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stephenmiller
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012 01:05:26 AM »

This is sweet and cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SolarFlare
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013 12:31:26 PM »

It looks well made. Smiley Good job
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Did Miranda Kerr Have the Most Stylish Weekend Ever?
Rihanna Reveals River Island Holiday Collection
6 Couture NFL Looks for Women
How to Wear White Denim
How to Rock the Boho Chic Look
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...