A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
315 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Plushload of Projects!! ((IMAGE HEAVY, Watch your toes!))  (Read 1352 times)
Tags for this thread: minecraft , creeper , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GrimmEverafter
Monster Maker

I live under your bed!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 17, 2012 12:56:24 PM »

Been a bit busy since the last time I actually posted something on here ^^  Between cleaning, job hunting, and looking to get into college, I've done some sewing to calm my nerves and potentially find something I would very much enjoy making.  But since I don't want to spam the forum with all of them in separate topics, I decided to lump everything together to make things a bit easier!!

Minecraft Creeper

Just getting this off my chest now.  I HATE Minecraft.  I tried giving the game a chance, but it just doesn't click with me.  However, that didn't stop me from accepting my brother's request to make him a Creeper.

This little monster was easy to make pattern-wise, but I cannot stress how much I wish that my sewing machine worked.  I found myself growing very tired of it, but this was a combination Christmas and early birthday present for him.  I did, however, learn how to use that plastic canvas stuff my mother had lying in the craft closet and make the yarn eyes for it.

For the longest time, I was tempted to make it a monocle, a mustache, and top hat, just to make this a bit more bearable.  Now that its done, I am relieved and hiding the pattern, in case I should ever have to make one again...which hopefully won't be for a very long time XD

It stands over a foot tall, and is completely handsewn, with plastic pellets in the base for some weight.  I took some artistic liberties with the shape of the legs and body, making them less blocky than the pixelated version, but I am otherwise actually pleased with the result.  According to my brother, it makes a great pillow as well, since I have this nasty habit of overstuffing things.

Pin Cushion Manticore

Just a little project for fun, and to use up some scrap materials.  I adore manticores, and have been desperately at work to make a really good plushie one that I would be proud of.  But until then, I sated my desire by making this adorable miniature one.

This one is actually machine sewed for the body and tail, with the head and fur done by hand (One of the rare moments my machine worked, getting it fixed soon hopefully). It can fit in the palm of one hand, but is a bit bigger than that.  I got the idea to use it as a pincushion since it would fit how I draw manticores, and I'm rather proud of its derpiness.  It also has the same head pattern of my Necromorph doll.

It has two different colored eyes, since I had lost the other blue and I only had a yellow one left.

Mambo Jade

I made this doll over a year ago, but I am very proud of how she came out.  This was another doll pattern I tested, but never really pursued.

I got inspired by Tia Dialma from Pirates of the Carribean, Halloween, and a depiction of a Voodoo goddess (I don't recall which one) I found on deviantART.  She's a pretty weighty doll, mostly due to her yarn 'dreadlocks', and she has trouble keeping her head straight because of them.

She's one of the few clothed dolls I've ever made.  I have a hard time with doll clothes, but she looked odd sitting around naked, so I took an old green flannel shirt and this lovely scarf I got at Salvation Army and made her outfit.  The scarf was enough to make her a bandana and skirt, and she was originally going to have sleeves on her corset, but they didn't look right.  Her fishnet shawl got lost sometime ago.

The charm around her neck is a jade elephant I found in a box of old jewelry my mother gave me.  I didn't have much use for it at the time, but I enjoyed how it looked as opposed to some of the other pieces I found.  Part of me wishes I gave her ears for some earrings, but she looks perfect the way she is!

That's everything for now, but hopefully being on a roll lately will mean more fanciful projects in the near future!  Peace out!

~Grimmeh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We all have a cute, creepy, and/or downright scary monster deep inside of us.  Don't be afraid to let it out!

My deviantART: http://grimmeverafter.deviantart.com/
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012 01:22:21 PM »

They're beautifully made. The plastic canvas creeper eyes look, well, creepy. lovely work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
whatthepuck
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012 06:07:41 PM »

Manticore is cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Portia my Little Visitor's facebook

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 2/0/0
shashaveli
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012 02:52:41 PM »

That'ssssss a nice plushie you got there...It'll be a ssssssssssshaame if sssssssomething happenssssssss to it.(Boom!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Armour for men, women, kids, kittens, bunnies, lego minifigs. There isn't a thing i won't try to clad in iron.

http://drunkethics.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What a Lye Is in Soap Making
How to Think Up Quilting Patterns
How Outline Quilting Works
How to Quilt Part 2/2
How to Quilt Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...