A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,958
Currently Running With Scissors:
810 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 20 Winter Chillin Cotillion Gallery!  (Read 46887 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2012 01:21:23 PM »

Here's the chip beads and iolite beads that Averia sent me! 

Thanks again for being such an amazing swap partner Laura!! 
The Lorax tee is in the wash! Lana wanted to wear it straight away, but she has sensitive skin so I have to wash everything of hers in scent-free detergent before she can wear them. Anyhow she'll be decked out on Easter Sunday!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2012 01:51:19 PM »

i received my IYP package from fiddlegirl8 today.
i think she was crafting for two partners (although the other partner has taste exactly like mine...)
this wicker case is sort of like the clown car at the circus. it looks sane in the beginning. well, its a beautiful case and everything inside was beautifully wrapped in spring colors and patterns

i opened the yellow package first--it was from my WIST!

the pear pincushion--woooooot!
oh fiddlegirl8--that is just gorgeous!!

i love these fabrics, i love how beautifully its sewn. it so so so well made, it's crazy!

this adorable sock monkey themed purse was in the purple bag. i've seen sock monkey fabric before, but this is really really nice. more subtle than what i've seen (as subtle as sock monkey fabric can be Cheesy). and, again, gorgeously made. impeccable!

yes, fg8--i'm glad my daughter is out right now or i probably wouldnt have gotten this picture. i love this bag!

the pink package had a warning to be very careful opening it. im not good with careful but i did take my time-- i was so gentle...only to find a second note from her saying, naaaah, it's not fragile, im just messing with you.
you are a wild woman!
a fabulous mug rug and how is it that YOU get better NYC fabric than i do???

you know, im originally a Brooklyn girl so i LOVE that it's prominent here. this is amazing fabric. danggg! (oh, right, it's MINE! yay!!)

swimming at the bottom of the case was a lot of things:

a wonderful pattern (you are SO RIGHT--it is SO me) for fabric postcards and many stickers and a notepad:

a 16 month cat calendar and these so stinking cute cat themes snips (wow!). and two yummies of gutterman in two amazing colors. (im still not worthy to use the two guttermans you gave me in the apron swap, silly!)

Then i started to read one of the notes that she left and there's something about a scarf! i already felt like i had overeaten but, yep, i actually missed the ducky themed package which, indeed, had this amazing batik scarf:

fiddlegirl8, you could and should get arrested for this kind of spoilage.
i'm still reeling, to be honest, but thank you so so much for inviting me to this swap and for each and everything that you have gifted me with. they are all so personal, they are all so insanely wonderful.
 Kiss
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012 01:59:48 PM by susanab » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2012 01:59:56 PM »

Woweee!  That's an amazing package from fiddlegirl8! I have to say that I covet every single thing, including the wicker basket! (hey--maybe I am the other partner she crafted for, susanab...I think you need to mail that pear pincushion to me!!). Each thing is so beautiful, and so beautifully wrapped.  Great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2012 02:05:01 PM »

Whew -- glad the package arrived, and that is just the reaction from you that I wanted!  I believe that this is my best sent swap package I've done.  It was all meant to be, dear Susan!  Because it was such a delight and pleasure to make it all for you - I think I may have had ONE glitch in all the crafting, but basically everything turned out just the way I wanted it!!  These were things you were meant to have!

I'm glad your daughter was not home when you received - write your name inside the sock monkey purse with magic marker!  Seriously, I would be happy to make her one too!  You just let me know her style, colors, etc.  We can include it as part of your IYP swap, or we can make it a late Christmas present!  Or an early next Christmas present - I really would love to make her one too!

And susnab, I'll be your IYP partner anytime, anyday, anywhere.  I loved this swap!!   Cool 

kinda sad it's all over now!  wha-a-a.   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2012 02:05:47 PM »

Woweee!  That's an amazing package from fiddlegirl8! I have to say that I covet every single thing, including the wicker basket! (hey--maybe I am the other partner she crafted for, susanab...I think you need to mail that pear pincushion to me!!). Each thing is so beautiful, and so beautifully wrapped.  Great!

Good try, Leslie!!  Thank you for your compliments!  They mean the world to me!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachart
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2012 02:13:47 PM »

What a beautiful package fiddlegirl8! The scarf is just fantastic.. and those kitty scissors are great  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: April 06, 2012 02:37:37 PM »

What a beautiful package fiddlegirl8! The scarf is just fantastic.. and those kitty scissors are great  Smiley

Thanks, teachart!  It was fun to do.  My first IYP swap and I really really enjoyed it.   Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: April 06, 2012 03:23:47 PM »

The handspun yarn looks so good and soft and wonderful! The colors are great. And the beads...Iolite is one of my faaaavorites!
And the pear pincushion is so cute...It looks awesome. I want those kitty snips! Where can one find such cute snips?

AAAAAAND YES! I received from Ffrogg today Cheesy

First, some bath/shower fizzies in a seriously wonderful scent. They are citrus mint and they smell sooooo good! I don't have any special bath stuff, so I'm looking forward to using these. It'll be a treat Smiley

Next, this wonderful longpillow inspired by my Pinterest! It's the perfect size for my low back, how could she know!

And last, but not least, this amaaaaazing big hoop! I really really really love it! The owls are so colorful and gorgeous, and it matches my new pillow Smiley

Everyone marvel at how neat and detailed the stitching is! Ffrogg did an amazing job.

Rebecca, thank you SO much for inviting me and making such a wonderful package! I love everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #228 on: April 06, 2012 03:40:34 PM »

I'm so glad you like it all, Nooo!  Cheesy  And *blush* who know there'd be a close up of my stitching!  Roll Eyes 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #229 on: April 06, 2012 03:40:48 PM »

I'm in love the NYC mug rug. I haven't been to New York coming up on 4 years now... and i miss it!!

The owl hoop is so cool-looking! All the different colors on black... love that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Matthew Van Fleet’s Sniff! Lick! Munch!
The Art of Stillness: Adventures in Going Nowhere
The Imitation Game
Behind the Book: The Tangled Series
Who Built the First Computer?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...