A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 20 Winter Chillin Cotillion Gallery!  (Read 42594 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LeapFeetFirst
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2012 08:20:46 AM »

ACK! I just realized I never posted pictures of the wonderful fiber that calluna sent me ages ago. I apologize for my delay calluna!!!

First up is a mix of fun fibers- soy silk, mulberry silk, bamboo and other wools that will be perfect for spinning and needle felting.

And a wonderful batt carded by calluna herself. I love the mix of red, grey and white fibers. So pretty!

Thank you for the much needed wool calluna!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachart
« Reply #241 on: April 07, 2012 08:36:32 AM »

Yay! I'm so glad you liked the cheese hoop!  It was super fun to make. And yes, the place mats are vintage- from the 40's or 50's. I can't imagine the patience needed for that type of cut work embroidery  Grin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #242 on: April 07, 2012 09:09:03 AM »

I received from BOTH of my partner's thursday night!  Woot!!! 

I will start with redstar13's wonderful package!

Here is the whole package together:

Super cute peacock feather earrings!  I, unfortunately, don't have pierced ears, so I think I will take 'em off the hoops and put them onto hair clips so that I can have dangly feathers in my hair!  ^_^  YAY YAY!

And to match, a peacock feather headband!  Redstar said she wanted to keep this, she liked it so much.  I can tell why!  I'm also a huge fan of feathers, but I honestly don't really have anything with feathers.  So yay feathers!!!  Its a really comfortable headband, too!

Irredescent pearl bobby pins.  Can I tell you how much I love these?  I wear bobby pins in my hair almost every day.  I hate having hair in my face.  I wore these to work yesterday, and they worked perfectly!  So cute!!

And, omg, a shirt for me?!?!?!  hehe!  Yay!!!  Its from the Princess Bride, one of my favorite movies!  And the shirt fits perfectly, too!  Not too tight, not too loose, which for me and clothes, is like amazing.  My body is so dumb to dress.  I wore my shirt around all night after I got it.

And here's a couple action shots.  I couldn't get a good picture of myself in the shirt.

Thank so much Alyssa!  I absolutely love everything you send me!  <3

And now, my package from Teachart!

Here's the whole package together:

Since I didn't take another picture of the extras, I will tell you about those first.  In the bottom right is a really cute notepad, that has a magnet enclosure.  And candy!!  My husband tried to walk away with the reeces eggs.  When I scolded him, he said "aw man, I never get swap candy."  Which is a complete and total lie, so don't feel sorry for him.  hehe!  The jelly beans are cocktail flavored!  Ooooo!

My first hoop EVER!  And OMG look at this hoop!  Its AMAZING!  She chose my love of forest critters . . . and of steak and made it into a sampler!  I love the squirrel with the steak!!!  It makes this hoop not only cute, but quirky and fun and totally me!  I love random bits of silly amongst normal life!  Oh it and it was wrapped in a supremely lovely embroidered cloth.  Is it vintage?  It feels vintage!  Its so pretty!!!

Hi steak loving squirrely!  Her stitches are amazing!  She used so many different techniques!!!  I'm reeling with the new possibilities of stitches!

A hedgie and a deer!

And a boat load of vintage emphimera!!!  She said she has a whole bunch of vintage magazines and emphimera.  She wasn't kidding!  There is so much here to play with, I'm so excited!  My brain was designing new ATCs as I pulled out each item.  I was surprised my husband was so interested, because he too stood and looked at each sheet with me.

And then at the end I realized that she had sent me a little elephant friend as an extra and it didn't make it into the group shot, so its gets its own picture.  ^_^

Thank you so much, Emily!  I now have a hoopla wall!  ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
teachart
« Reply #243 on: April 07, 2012 09:41:54 AM »

So glad you like it jillybeans! And that's the feel I was going for in the hoop- I wanted it to look all sweet and normal but then make you do a double take and ask yourself "Does that squirrel have a steak?"  Grin

And yes the table cloth is vintage, probably from the 40's- my mom collects vintage linens and gave me a bunch she no longer wanted a while back- she even said "If you can't use them all wouldn't it be nice to use them to wrap up your swap items in?"  Smiley So I've been doing just that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeapFeetFirst

« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2012 09:51:00 AM »

I love all the different stitches in that hoop! And the squirrel with the steak is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: April 07, 2012 03:53:20 PM »

I LOVE that hoop. Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: April 07, 2012 04:03:33 PM »

That hoop is fantastic, teachart!  I love the little creatures.  Beautiful stitches.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
teachart
« Reply #247 on: April 07, 2012 04:19:24 PM »

Thanks ladies! I see myself doing more samplers in the future, it was a lot of fun to stitch up. I gave both of the needlework pieces their own post, so if you'd like to see some close ups check out:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=406797.0 for the Woodland Sampler and for the Needlework Cheese http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=406805.0  Smiley

Oh and I LOVE the peacocky goodness redstar13 made! The princess bride shirt is awesome too. I met someone the other day who had never heard of the princess bride. Seriously. Like a 30-something year old too. Needless to say I had little to say to this person after hearing that  Grin.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012 04:49:38 PM by teachart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
calluna
« Reply #248 on: April 07, 2012 05:53:22 PM »

Thanks ladies! I see myself doing more samplers in the future, it was a lot of fun to stitch up. I gave both of the needlework pieces their own post, so if you'd like to see some close ups check out:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=406797.0 for the Woodland Sampler and for the Needlework Cheese http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=406805.0  Smiley

... The princess bride shirt is awesome too. I met someone the other day who had never heard of the princess bride. Seriously. Like a 30-something year old too. Needless to say I had little to say to this person after hearing that  Grin.

Off to follow the links and click "THIS ROCKS!" for both!
I used to be in a relationship with one of those "Princess Bride? What's that?" people, of the correct age group and everything. Then, upon seeing the first half hour of it, the comments became "Why are you making me watch this? It's stupid! I'm not watching any more of this crap." I'm glad that relationship ended.  Grin

I'll be back in a little while with pics from my package from UntouchableFace! Stay tuned! (or go do something else and come back.  Smiley)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012 05:53:40 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #249 on: April 07, 2012 06:09:36 PM »

Love the fibery goodness...esp the batt Calluna made!
The peacock feather are great and that hoop is to die for!

Awesome, awesome stuff! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Red Carpet Ready Hairdo
Hair How to: Top Knot Hairstyle
Simple Blow-Dry Steps for Voluminous Hair
3 Must-Have Beach Look Sprays for Sexy Hair in Seconds
Summer-Savvy Braids Trend
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...