A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Basket Swap GALLERY!  (Read 17770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

texscrapper
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012 12:19:52 PM »

Great baskets so far everyone! I love to see beautiful galleries!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
CraftyMamaBee
Dreaming Bigger than my Ability!

I'm A Craftster Best of 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012 01:33:04 PM »

Franknhurter I love the fabric you used for the basket.... It reminds me of Sprinkles Cupcakes.... yummy! And the fascinator is just great! I love the royal blue and the broken vintage jewelry, I actually have a vintage watch with a band similar to what you have on the feather!

Susanab - you always make such a wonderful package! I love your baskets and I really liked that the bands on the one were ribbon right?! That is such an Grin Grin AMAZING Grin  Grin idea!
I might just have to use it on a basket I'm making now!

Great packages from everyone so far!!! Can't wait to see the rest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafty Blog!

Shop My Esty Shop! Check it out!

Swaps:
Embroidery Hoopla Rd 12(S/O 10/15): Awaiting Partners!
Mug Rug Swap Rd 6 (S/O 10/20): Sent in Questionnaire!
CraftyMamaBee
Dreaming Bigger than my Ability!

I'm A Craftster Best of 2013 Winner!

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012 01:59:11 PM »

Woo-Hoo!!! I just opened an amazing package from FeliciaSlayDCRG!!! Thank you, thank you! First here is a group shot of everything:

The basket is such a pretty print and you can't tell because of the pattern inside it, which is awesome! I am so going to try one out in a fun print to use when we go to the beach! But the inside is this awesome jewel tone purple

And then a WHOLE bad of buttons she found at a thrift store! I would have spent well over 10 bucks for those at my local quilt shops treasure chest of buttons.... And these cool cameo beads/pendants..... I am already imagining something awesome with the both!

And she even made my little girl an apron!!! She loves standing around while I make dinner! She's napping right now, but as soon as she wakes up I am going to get an action shot of her in it!!!

Thank you so much.... I need to go look through those buttons now!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafty Blog!

Shop My Esty Shop! Check it out!

Swaps:
Embroidery Hoopla Rd 12(S/O 10/15): Awaiting Partners!
Mug Rug Swap Rd 6 (S/O 10/20): Sent in Questionnaire!
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012 03:30:04 PM »

Ah how pretty is that apron your daughter will love it!!!  Shocked  The basket is cool!! A pattern very nice & those buttons to die for( not really) I just love buttons. Great job "FeliciaSlayDCRG"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
susanab
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012 04:00:14 PM »

wowzeee!
when a craftster veteran like i am gets spoiled to the max by a first time swapper, it leaves me speechless, truly.
and i am humbled by your skills, imebears!

here's the "basket" that she made for me. i am putting basket in quotes because this is going to tote with me in the real world for sure!

i wish you could really see how well constructed it is, it's crazy nice and it is BIG!
there's room for plenty  more books, snacks, fqs, books, snacks, fqs...that sort of rotation Cheesy

so there were these two felted balls inside. i didn't know what to do about that so, i smelled them.
they smelled like felted wool. so i'm thinking, well, that's an interesting extra and i need to figure out what i should make of and with them.
then i saw this amazing amazing note that she crafted and wrote for me:

imebears saw the photo of my cat Nash looking out the window on my blog and wrote, "I knew I had to make you a felted cat pin. ..the extra wool balls are for you cats. ours love to play with wool."
and then the poem "fog" by carl sandburg.
well he sure is enjoying the box that everything came in!

that pin looks just like him!!

thank you so so so much!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012 04:10:09 PM by susanab » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
susanab
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012 04:03:36 PM »

i posted my pix without seeing that feliciaslayDCRG's basket was in the gallery!
that is so beautiful those flowers on the fabric also look 3D.
that you made an apron for craftymamabee's daughter is so over the top sweet of you. wow.
that is vintage button extravaganza!
those are going to be awesome fun to create with.great package!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012 04:05:48 PM by susanab » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012 04:19:03 PM »

Oh, two more awesome packages today!  FeliciaslayDCRG, I LOVE the fabric you used for the basket, and the basket itself came out great.  That mini apron is so precious, CraftyMamaBee's daughter is going to love it!  And, I am so jealous of that bag of buttons...I have tons of buttons, but I want MORE!

Imebears, WOW!  That is one awesome tote-able basket! The large size makes it so useful, and I can see that it is well-made.  The cat pin really is so touching, it DOES look like Susan's cat, I love it when someone makes something so personal and one-of-a-kind.  The presentation of it is awesome too.  Well-done on your first swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012 04:27:12 PM »

Susanab: your cat looks so HAPPY!

These are amazing baskets. It's cheating a little bit maybe, but I'm so happy to get to see how others did theirs before I make mine lol. I'm buying the fabric tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
imebears
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012 04:59:53 PM »

wowzeee!
when a craftster veteran like i am gets spoiled to the max by a first time swapper, it leaves me speechless, truly.
and i am humbled by your skills, imebears!

here's the "basket" that she made for me. i am putting basket in quotes because this is going to tote with me in the real world for sure!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/20536_29Feb12_fabricbasketies.jpg

i wish you could really see how well constructed it is, it's crazy nice and it is BIG!
there's room for plenty  more books, snacks, fqs, books, snacks, fqs...that sort of rotation Cheesy
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/20536_29Feb12_fabricbasketiesa.jpg

so there were these two felted balls inside. i didn't know what to do about that so, i smelled them.
they smelled like felted wool. so i'm thinking, well, that's an interesting extra and i need to figure out what i should make of and with them.
then i saw this amazing amazing note that she crafted and wrote for me:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/20536_29Feb12_woolcat.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/20536_29Feb12_woolcatnote.jpg
imebears saw the photo of my cat Nash looking out the window on my blog and wrote, "I knew I had to make you a felted cat pin. ..the extra wool balls are for you cats. ours love to play with wool."
and then the poem "fog" by carl sandburg.
well he sure is enjoying the box that everything came in!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/20536_29Feb12_nashfebruary2012.jpg
that pin looks just like him!!

thank you so so so much!

I am so glad I sent the box for Nash. He just as bad as our cats, any box or bag is fair game. I didn't post the picture but one of my cats was checking out the baskets you made while I was trying to take pictures.  Cheesy Well enjoy and happy swapping with you.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012 01:02:23 PM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
zkatom
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2012 05:01:59 PM »

Wow!  So many amazing baskets!  I love them all!!!!  That apron is super adorable.  I really like that robot fabric!

susanab - your cat is super cute.  Mine loves boxes too.  I'll never quite understand the fascination......  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cranberry-Orange Loaves
All-Natural Molasses Cookie Recipe
Holiday Sweet Tooth: Eggnog Pound Cake, Chocaolate Ganache
How to Make a Fantasy Football Cake
Chai Spiced Pumpkin Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...