A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
810 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OTT Hunger Games Swap (SU through 3/3, SO 3/17)  (Read 16186 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2012 09:21:59 AM »

Yeah, at first all of the kids looking like Disney kids really turned me off, but I do realize they need to appeal to the general targeted audience. Then it bothered me how all 3 of the main kids had to dye their hair, but Katniss and Gale actually pull it off. What really pisses me off is how the dude playing Peeta CANNOT pull off being a blond. Sure, he's a cute enough kid as a brunette, as he is naturally, but like I said, he cannot pull off blond! Is it really so hard to find a good looking blond kid who can act?!

And why is metallic thread such a pain the ass?
I think I'm officially up to 4 tiny things for this swap, but that is of course counting the _____ as 2 things even though they use the same concept with different colors and designs and counting the _______ as 1 thing even though there are 2 because they are exactly the same. Only that second part mentioned there is complete, though. I'm surprised we don't have any senders yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2012 12:25:54 PM »

I just got back from a supply run...and going with my best friend so we can order bridesmaid dresses for her wedding.  Grin.   Dropping cash for a dress and "support" garments....yikes. I need to craft to comfort myself lol. (Really it wasn't that bad and we had a good time)

One thing Im trying to make is being difficult...lol but hopefully I can make major headway on another tonight cause it looks like ill be away from home most of the day tomorrow...mom wants to go do some geneology stuff...2hrs away from home....I better bring a crochet project lol.
anyway...enough of my rambling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amalgam

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2012 12:35:12 PM »

It's great to see that everyone is making headway in their projects. @jexxican I feel your pain about metallic pain.Tongue It's so fickle and yet we keep coming back to it.Cheesy I'm still gathering materials and I'll get to do some hard core crafting on Sunday. I'll be gone for the weekend though, so you guys will have to carry on without me. I'll be back on Sunday to see how everyone is doing.Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have an UFO(Unfinished Object) that you want to see get done? Join the Finish My UFO Swap! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433415.0#axzz31MVlWM80

http://www.wists.com/liko_2000
http://pinterest.com/liko_2000
jellybellygirl
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2012 12:56:38 PM »

I've been having a good conversation with my partner, though. At least, I think it's good convo. Hopefully she's not just being nice sitting there thinking I'm a psycho. Apparently I have a lot to say about The Hunger Games.

It's good convo Smiley
I'm hoping I can use the man's laptop this weekend a bit instead of my Nook... lol... harddrive crashed. No fun.  So i've been quiet since...

Almost done my OTT and hopefully sending soon! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2012 08:20:02 AM »

I've been having a good conversation with my partner, though. At least, I think it's good convo. Hopefully she's not just being nice sitting there thinking I'm a psycho. Apparently I have a lot to say about The Hunger Games.

It's good convo Smiley
I'm hoping I can use the man's laptop this weekend a bit instead of my Nook... lol... harddrive crashed. No fun.  So i've been quiet since...

Almost done my OTT and hopefully sending soon! 
Whatever, you just don't love me.

But it doesn't matter because I sent today! Woo freakin' hoo, y'all! Am I the first?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2012 08:22:51 AM »

I just have finishing touches and I'll be ready to send! Monday maybe? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmalieAlexander
https://www.facebook.com/EmalieAlexander
Twitter: @EmalieAlexander
jellybellygirl
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2012 09:08:45 AM »

Whatever, you just don't love me.

But it doesn't matter because I sent today! Woo freakin' hoo, y'all! Am I the first?
[/quote]

psh- not true. totally adore you!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2012 02:30:28 PM »

So this "one tiny thing" thing? Yeah right. Mine has turned into a super large, timewise. Go figure. I've never been very good at making things "small" becuase I really want my partners to love it, you know? As it is, I should finally be done with it today and then I have a second thing that actually will now be considered the "small" part that I should have done by tomorrow or monday. Hoping to send by Tuesday or Wednesday at the very latest.

I feel a much larger Hunger Games Swap will definitely be in order later on! Smiley

Is anyone else in here from California? Are you relieved to finally have a good batch of rain coming in next week? I know I am! Hello Chai Tea Latte and some good snuggly crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigBangMomma

Addicted to Amigurimi, and afghans!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2012 03:50:39 PM »

I've heard through the grapevine, as I'm friends with rubylynns who organized the larger HG swap, that she's wanting to have another large HG swap with SU around the end of April. Smiley

I am set to send off my package to tankrgrl Monday. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a break from swapping through the summer.  If you'd like to follow my craft journey until my return, please visit any or all of the sites below. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EmalieAlexander
https://www.facebook.com/EmalieAlexander
Twitter: @EmalieAlexander
beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2012 10:20:36 PM »

Yay! Finished my OTT tonight! I'll be sending it next week as soon as I finish another swap. I want to send them both out at once. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Spicy Basil Chicken
Five Curry Recipes
How to Cook Five-Spice Pork Lo Mein
Five Basic Korean Recipes
Five Classic Thai Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...