A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sketch book question  (Read 2210 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starlasangue
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013 05:39:12 AM »

Well, I'm a fine art student and back in fine art high school I used to draw on both sides of the paper in my sketchbook.
Then there was an exhibiton coming up, my drawing teacher looked at my sketchbook and hit me on the head with it, asking me how I could've been so stupid..it's not exhibitable if the other side is showing through, and what to do when there are really good pictures on both sides?  Roll Eyes

So ever since this incident I only use one page..per page Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013 08:11:18 AM »

No offense, but you should have hit your teacher back on the head with the sketchbook, and asked her why she didn't tell you to use only one drawing per page in the first place!  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
starlasangue
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013 06:59:57 AM »

Ah, as far as I remember it didn't hurt at all, it was really just supposed to be a friendly reminder for me not to be stupid Cheesy He (the teacher) was totally right I think. (It was the first time he saw my sketchbook because the sketchbook thing was totally voluntary, I started to sketch by myself and he did choose a lot of my drawings for the exhibiton.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
UnRuli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Artist/Illustrator/Professor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013 10:30:58 AM »

I draw on both sides.  I developed the TERRIBLE habit of erasing thing out of my sketchbook that I didn't like or tearing out pages because I'm a bit of a perfectionist.  I was given a moleskin as a gift from a fellow illustrator and I decided I wasn't going to ruin it.  If I rip pages out it will fall apart and in order to eliminate the erasing, I ink in my lines. I take a bit longer on my sketches and so it has become a kind of drawing book more than a sketchbook, but I'm happy with it.  I also usually only have time to draw in it when I'm traveling so it has kind of become a travel book and I add notes about my travels.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chek101
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013 08:53:14 AM »

I draw on both sides.  I developed the TERRIBLE habit of erasing thing out of my sketchbook that I didn't like or tearing out pages because I'm a bit of a perfectionist.  I was given a moleskin as a gift from a fellow illustrator and I decided I wasn't going to ruin it.  If I rip pages out it will fall apart and in order to eliminate the erasing, I ink in my lines. I take a bit longer on my sketches and so it has become a kind of drawing book more than a sketchbook, but I'm happy with it.  I also usually only have time to draw in it when I'm traveling so it has kind of become a travel book and I add notes about my travels.

I agree with your instructor. Also if there is a good drawing on a page that you would like to frame, there might be another good drawing on the other side of it which will then have to fall to obscurity. Right? I personally never use a sketch pad, never sketch for the heck of it and have no interest whatsoever in sketching anything UNLESS I am using it for background work. Weird right? An artist who doesn't like to sketch? And I absolutely hate painting which is even weirder because I am quite good at both. Just the way it is...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013 08:59:14 AM by chek101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Pushing Pixels with the Smudge Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Sponge Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Burn Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Dodge Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing the Sponge and Focus Tools
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...