A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My second gallery show and art auction!  (Read 812 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phantome
« on: February 17, 2012 08:41:08 PM »

I'm participating in a fundraiser called Art for Arthritis, where I am paired with a young person who has juvenile arthritis, and we create a piece of art together. The work is then displayed at a Final Friday gallery show (on 2/24), then auctioned off for a scandalous amount of money at a huge charity gala ball (attended by all the area bigwigs, of course), and all the proceeds are donated to arthritis research and charity.

I was paired with a completely awesome 6th grade girl who plays the drums and loves horses. We made two smaller pieces (each 14"x17") for the silent auction, and a great big one (4'x5') for the live auction. The auction is on 3/8, and I'm super excited to see who buys them and for how much! I just want to note that this girl is fantastic- a quick study, and enthusiastic about our creation- she did just as much work and detail stuff on these as I did! It was really a lot of fun.

These two are for the silent auction, entitled "Lilac" and "Fern." They are meant to go together as a set, and were painted using the liquid latex relief technique that I used on my previous art show. They are matted in white with a black core, in frameless glass gallery frames. These pics aren't really true to color- the paper is pure white and the colors are very vibrant.

This piece is "Home on the Range," our showpiece for the live auction. We used liquid latex technique relief to depict horses running in the sunset. I love how vibrant this one is! I had it framed in a rustic frame with a bright blue and red double mat. Sorry the photo is so crappy on this one- I just never could seem to get just the right angle or lighting. The first pic is more true to color.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012 08:42:38 PM by Phantome » THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is my signature; there are many like it, but this one is mine.
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012 09:03:54 PM »

They are fantastic! The lilac and fern are just lovely. I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stevethegirl
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012 07:35:18 AM »

Those I so cool! I really love the Fern especially.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phantome
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012 04:59:30 PM »

Thank you both so much! I'm already making plans for next year, maybe to try something totally out of the box, like stained glass or metal smithing or something. This was a really fun and rewarding experience. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is my signature; there are many like it, but this one is mine.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tie Dye a Blue Garment
How to Create Tie Dye Effects on Sweatshirts
How to Tie Dye Patterns
How to Dip Dye a Shirt
How to Do a History Collage
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...