A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,878
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bookmark Swap Round 5 Gallery!  (Read 44166 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: March 04, 2012 01:15:07 PM »

I got three bookmarks last night!  All awesome.  I'm really touched by how well they matched my interests.

From Jadeye, a chic, ultra-mod-podged bookmark with my contrasting bright colors theme.  This bookmark is TOUGH and elegant at the same time, with a kickin' ass quote on the back, and lovely scrolling colors on the front:

From dmarie, a Teesha Moore-esque crazy quilt bookmark, HUGE, done in bright, funky patterns with gorgeous embroidery, including a wonderful art quote:

"Your life is your art."

From MandyKaye, a blend of the two!  Crazy quilt decoupage, again HUGE, again with colorful patterns, and a quote that is scary perfect for me.  Did you spy a bit, MandyKaye?  Plus she tucked in extra fancy papers for me to play with:

And for scale, laid out with a few paint markers:

The reason I got some huge ones is that on my questionnaire I said I read mostly nonfiction and they are often big so big bookmarks would be great.   Smiley

Thank you, all three of you, for being so thoughtful of my interests and making such lovely art for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #191 on: March 04, 2012 04:06:35 PM »

The gallery is fantastic! Everytime I am seeing those awesome ribbons and fibers hanging from the top of the bookmarks I get jealous. I couldn't find any in my area!
  Brackish - love the feel of the tree.
Jadeye - beautiful colors! on the swirl and Lovely koi!
 dmarie - lovely fabric choices.
MandyKaye - Awe the ribbon. Love the colors and a wonderful and oh so try quote!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2012 06:37:11 PM »

This gallery is awesome!!

I'm so glad dmarie360 and goddessgarb like your bookmarks, I had huge swap anxiety! Especially after I finally peeked at the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2012 09:12:57 PM »

goddessgarb: I love that "opportunity" quote Smiley It's a great bookmark. And I think I'm going to copy it onto my inspiration wall above my desk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Antidigger
« Reply #194 on: March 05, 2012 01:31:17 AM »

Well, it's Monday again and I can't believe how many bookmarks we've had up in the gallery and all of them are excellent quality! I'm afraid there are are consequently rather a lot of comments this time. Roll Eyes

amymarie78's bookmark from Nooo is still gorgeous. I love the frazzled cat and the Tim Burton stripes around the edges.

Brackish Potato's bookmark from Mrs Shak is still wonderful. The zentangles seem so appropriate: like the flash of inspiration in Sherlock's brain.

Smeddley's Bookmark from amymarie78 is cool. And froody. I like it lots, I too love Hitchiker's and the radio series was a part of my childhood.

tapestrymlp's Bookmark from SaralaAnne is lovely. I love the illustrations you've used and the whole feel is straight out of Diagon Alley.

Jillybeans' bookmark from Mrs Shak is wonderful too. I love the lace edge and the little beans at the top.

Dolphinwind10's bookmark from aprettymess makes me smile. The snitch is beautifully painted, I like it's gossamer wings and that is splendid turtle fabric for the back.

Mountains and Clouds' bookmark from Mrs Shak is wonderful too. The moonstones on a string are sparkly and the initial zentangles are just right.

Summer6061's bookmarks from WideEyedLife are fab. The tiny book bookmark is so wonderful, a really ingenious idea and superbly carried out and I love the art nouveau butterfly.

Mandykaye's bookmark from dmarie360 is stunning. I've never seen such an idea before and the design of the tree is smashing.

Amymarie78's bookmarks from Smeddly are such a lovely idea. A colour-your-own individual design is cool and that quote is just perfect!

Amymarie78's bookmark from Anarchycupcake is wicked, perfectly wicked. And made me grin like a maniac!

Gozer's bookmarks from WideEyedLife are still fab. The tiny books are so wonderful and I still love art nouveau: my mum's house has art nouveau mirrors all up the stairs and in the bathroom.

dmarie360's bookmark from goddessgarb is so bright! I love the watercolour design and the cheeriness of it.

Bunny1kenobi's bookmarks from Kimchery are superb. The colours of both are bright and intense and the tatting so cute & neat..

Oodleboodle's bookmark from Anofeles is astonishing. It is so unusual (and lovely of course) and just a wonderful thing all round.

Mandykaye's bookmark from Jadeye is classic. The lovely background and the trees and leaves theme is stately on one side and a little more modern on the other, I love the contrast.

Belladune's bookmarks from SaralaAnne is still lovely. A wonderful quotation and a great sketch on the perfect background for it.

Mrs Shak's bookmark from Brackish Potato is awesome. I love the monchrome, and the bird with the swirl across him is very stylish.

Camelama's bookmark from aprettymess makes me smile too. A lovely lighthouse and the idea of home by numbers is wonderful.

SaralaAnne's bookmark from bec99 is pretty. The button and initial are cute and the attention to SaralaAnne's wishes is so kind.

Solitary Cricket's bookmarks from Eclectic Dreamer are smashing. The dyed paper is wonderful and the quote is toooo true.

dmarie360's bookmark from Mandykaye is very fishy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy In a wonderful way of course! What a delightful background and colours you chose, so in keeping.

Oodleboodle's bookmark from jellybean89 is (as might be said in Wales) tidy-like (meaning very nice indeed or desireable). I just had to do it, with so much Dr Who being filmed in Wales! I love the owls too.

WideEyedLife's bookmarks from Summer6061 are excellent. I love the wee snowdrop fairy, and the cyrillic/english one is another which is so true and those swirls are delightful too, they remind me of marshmallows.

WideEyedLife's bookmarks from gozer are fantastic. The artwork is wonderful, such beautifully captured expressions, and the colours are wonderful too. I like the idea of DIY bookmarks too.

dmarie360's bookmark from Jadeye is classic too. Beautiful spring blossom over the Koi, a very classic theme and beautifully done. The marbling on the back is also very water-like, beautiful attention to detail.

jillybeans's bookmark from Brackish Potato is awesome too. I love the tree and the layers make it stand out beautifully. The ribbon is just perfect too.

Goddessgarb's bookmark from Jadeye is still classic, classic 60's this time and a boisterous, inspirational quotation.

Goddessgarb's bookmark from dmarie360 is stunning too. Some very funky fabrics and a sweet stitched message.

Goddessgarb's bookmark from MandyKaye is delightful. I love the contrast of the colourful papers and the quotation is wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
xnouraa
« Reply #195 on: March 05, 2012 05:47:03 AM »

*checks gallery for the first time*
*perishes of insignificance*
These bookmarks are all so stunning. Great job everybody!
I just received my first from SaralaAnne!
It's a Ravenclaw-specific Harry Potter bookmark, which incidentally has on it one of my favorite ever HP quotes, AND an extra from her mom's bookshop.
Thank you so much, I really love them. :D

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brackish Potato
« Reply #196 on: March 05, 2012 12:44:20 PM »

I got my last bookmark in the mail last week. I'm sad it's over so soon. Sad But this bookmark is a wonderful way to finish my collection. It's from CuriousCoffee and it's a lovely, steamy thing:

It's so hard to get an accurate picture of it, but it's in two layers. The bottom layer is black cardboard with the gears etched into it (with a craft knife I suppose). The top layer is clear plastic colored with alcohol inks and embossed with a glaze pen. Maybe this pic will show it a little better:

Thanks, CC! This bookmark is absolutely fab! This swap has been so much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #197 on: March 05, 2012 01:15:49 PM »

CuriousCoffee I love the way you did the two layers! That looks awesome! Great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandymo13

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #198 on: March 05, 2012 03:24:51 PM »

Here are two sets of bookmarks that I have received Smiley

From Solitary Cricket:

Wonderful Harry Potter and Stephen King bookmarks!! I love them so much!!

From Eclectic Dreamer:

Amazingly creative bookmarks!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
CuriousCoffee
« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2012 03:29:45 PM »

I received from Brackish Potato!!!

I love it!!!  It's a total steampunk themed bookmark! The old picture is a perfect touch to this piece!!! Thank you so much!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Christmas Gourd Snowman
How to Turn Regular Socks Into Non-Skid Slipper Socks
How to Make Christmas Party Hats
How to Make Your Own Mud Boots
How to Make Beer Hats
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...