A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Room of Shame to Room of dreams.... Before ann the WIP's!  (Read 1760 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

treasures_Of_Albion
« on: February 26, 2012 10:53:49 AM »

So, I moved into a new house recently, and in the old house, I used my bedroom as my sewing room, but now, I have only a tiny closet room. Its barely big enough for my bed, let alone anything else!
Thankfully, and kindly, my mother granted me permission to have the dining room as a craft space. I was so super excited! Finally, my own, designated room in which to sew and be crafty.
But, while I may be handy with a sewing machine, I am useless when it come to tidying, organising, cleaning....  Roll Eyes
So, soon, in-between lots of doll making, travelling and general lazyness, my sewing room suddenly became a room on which I looked upon with shame, and my Mother looked upon with horror. (And threatened to throw everything away and kick me out)
But do not fear! A trip to Ikea (Of course!) made everything OK. (And 5 days of serious clean-up! Here is a sneak peak so my horrible room isnt the thumbnail.. hahaha!

Well. I can hardly believe I am actually putting pictures of the room up, but here goes.....

Yeah.... It was pretty bad. Sewing was not that fun, I could never find anything! Everything was getting lost, broken...  Embarrassed
So, after allot of man power, sweat and tears I got this!! -->

Theres still allot to do, and I have done some more since I took this pic, but its getting there!!
I have a table for pattern cutting, and all my fabric is stored in these Antonius storage things from Ikea.

Acrylic paints, brushes, zips, ribbons and trims!

The Wool, I have sooo much more than this, but this is all I could fit in!!

All my trinkets, findings, buttons beads etc. The plastic boxes are from IKEA too. Gotta love Ikea!!

Oh! Look at the beautiful fabrics! They are all wound around cardboard, so I can pull them in and put without them being 'Thrown' in and making a mess.

A rarity in my sewing room, a clean surface...!

The techno space. As you can see I haven't really got that far yet....  Embarrassed I am going to use the drawers for invoices and patterns and all other paper-y things. Need to sand it down and re-paint it though I think! Any ideas  Huh

I love my thread holder most of all.... They are shelves with upholstery fabric, and hammered nails in... works well,  though when I am sewing really fast, they do shake and fall of....  Cheesy Its so nice to see all my threads, what colours I have, and them not all be tangled in one horror style ball of killer thread!

My peg board, or uhmm... Nail board..... Undecided I could'nt find a peg board anywhere, so just covered old shelves in upholstery fabric and hammered nails in, like the thread holder. It does the job! I have hammered some more nails in today!

Well, That is the room so far, as you can tell, I have a little way to go yet, but I am having fun with it. I am a hoarder, and will grow to fit any room given me, so I am a little worried that soon it will resemble the former... So I am trying to sew, sew sew to clear out some space!! haha!
Atm, I am working on another nail board for ribbons and trims....!
Love to hear what you think, and if you have any ideas on how you think I could improve the space!!
<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.--C.S. Lewis
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012 11:11:15 AM »

I think it's so wonderful that you've done all this work to clear up your crafting room.

I wonder, with those wire shelves, might things gat a little dusty, might you need to sew a few curtains to keep them covered? (Is that enough excuse for you, I could probably think up some more.....)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012 01:03:12 PM »

Wow, we are kindred. I am doing the same type of thing right now, but I do have an entire room for sewing, and the dining room is for paper crafting right now. No empty horizontal spaces.

I hope you can keep it this way, it is easier to craft without all the clutter and disorganization.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012 07:03:47 PM »

That's looking great!  I recently redid my fabric like yours - isn't it fabulous?  Cheesy

Great job in organizing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

treasures_Of_Albion
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012 06:51:56 AM »

Oooh, Thanks Antidigger, I had been uhming and ahing wether I should sew some curtains, Ill take your advise! Wink I'll hear any ideas you have for fabric using!
Lovesclutter: From the sounds of your username, we are kindred indeed!! haha! Would love to see how yours is going! I no the feeling about no empty horizontal spaces =(
Haha, yes Kaz814, it is so inspring to see al my fabrics neat and organised!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.--C.S. Lewis
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fall Jewelry Trends From Jill Martin
Fall And Winter Trends From Jill Martin
Tricks For Transforming An Outfit From Day To Night From Jill Martin
Tricks For Corporate Attire From Jill Martin
Three Wardrobe Must-Haves From Jill Martin
Latest Blog Articles
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...