A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Corset Tee & Jean Bracelets  (Read 2948 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 17, 2012 11:12:12 AM »

This started out as a prototype for a tube top type thing I plan on making with a  MASH t-shirt I bought (<3 MASH!). Good thing, too, because since I suck at planning, I just sort of started cutting based on pictures of how I wanted it to look. It still came out okay, but definitely glad I didn't start chopping at the MASH shirt because I'm reasonably sure that's some kind of sin.

Here's the end result. It looks better in person, I swear. It's also about 85% padre approved, because according to him "all the "vitals" are covered, but I'm still going to get you an Amish dress":

FRONT:

Don't mind my face or my hair. The first one's because it's friggin February and I'm outside in a tank top, the others because my hair is what I like to call "dramatic" in the morning.

BACK:

Basically, cut off the sleeves and then the collar to give me as much usable fabric as possible and sewed it into a tube. Then i made a simple curve pattern and cut out mirror images where the lacing would go. Then I sewed on grommet tape to both sides and then a red modesty panel underneath. I put the bindings on and then had to add studs where the two sets of straps were because I was too lazy to change to red thread and the black thread + red binding was not attractive. Lace it up with satin ribbon and VOILA! I'm planning on wearing it to this year's Lazerfest and making a sort of tradition out of it; getting the new shirt, altering it, and wearing it to the next years' show.  If anyone's interested in a tutorial, I can see what I can do.

And here's some jean seam bracelets inspired by some I saw on here, for your viewing pleasure:
They fray a lot, but I don't mind.

C&C welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012 01:13:37 PM »

I love the flash of colour you've added at the  back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
kriSmith
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012 06:49:52 PM »

Lazerfest! You must be from Iowa. Unless there are other Lazerfests. But it looks like 103 minus the 3. If you are in Iowa it is cold for a tank top in February.  Cheesy Oh and I do like what you did with the t-shirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012 01:38:01 PM »

Ya I'm from Iowa lol. I was really excited to go to Lazerfest last year but now they have this year's scheduled on my friends' graduation Sad They still want me to go (to get them stuff from the I <3 Vagina tent) but i don't know
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
kriSmith
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012 04:12:12 PM »

I just know my son was not happy with the line up or the new location.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
LoriS.
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012 08:28:53 AM »

the T is very cool. I do agree with your Pop lol, it's nice to have all the vitals covered.  TFS your jean bracelets, I just knew I was keeping all those scraps for a reason.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Side Braid Your Own Hair
Castor and Coconut Oil Mask to Make Your Hair Grow
Futuristic Ponytail Hairstyles Backstage at Herve Leger FW 2014
How to Use Hot Rollers
How to Get Big, Bouncy Curls
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...