A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CD Swap board  (Read 764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LiquidScissors
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Who would of known

Hank's a bomb. Long story.

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2005 01:12:43 PM »

I noticed a lot (well not as many as I would like, hehe) of CD swaps happening, I was thinking it would be great to have its own section, amongst the crafts and paper/mail art rings... because it doesn't really fit in with either board.  Plus its such a cheap, and easy and quick swap, it might be fun to do more. 

I would be willing to help moderate this board, since I have been swapping for a while now, I feel like I spend enough time on here anyway! hehe.

I have a lot of fun ideas for some cool cd swaps, I think they are a great Idea, essp for the people who love to watch craftster, but dont feel particularly crafty enough themselves to join a swap.  Anyone can make a mix cd!  yay for mix cds!

-Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
magick8ball

Nothing but lies and pictures of also lies!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005 08:45:45 PM »

I'd check it out! I've noticed that there seems to be a hardcore group of CD swappers who keep popping up everytime a new one is announced. This indicates (to me, at least) that there is the potential for a mix-"tape" community. Is it craft? Hard to define, but the effort I've seen put into the packaging tells me that it's something made with pride by people who care about the things they produce. Thumbs up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!
mandatoryfun
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005 06:59:24 PM »

I'd check it out! I've noticed that there seems to be a hardcore group of CD swappers who keep popping up everytime a new one is announced. This indicates (to me, at least) that there is the potential for a mix-"tape" community. Is it craft? Hard to define, but the effort I've seen put into the packaging tells me that it's something made with pride by people who care about the things they produce. Thumbs up.

loads of people take mixtapes  (or cds, whatever) very, very seriously - to the point where i've even heard of a "code" to follow while making a mixtape for another person: start with a really upbeat song, then take it down a notch, then take it up two notches, etc. etc. i suppose, in cases like these (rare though they may be), it could be considered some sort of craft

my first swap (which is going on now) is a mix cd swap -- i did it initially because the only other thing i know how to do is knit, but now that i'm busting out of my newbie shell and trying other things, i still think that any other cd swap that pops up i'd be likely to do. i love the opportunity to hear other types of music, and the themes people come up with for these cd swaps are always interesting  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tunisian Crochet: How to a Reverse Stitch
Tunisian Crochet: How to Start
Tunisian Crochet: How to Do Simple Stitches
Tunisian Crochet: Introduction to Tunisian
How to Use Rainbow Looms
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...